9x20 - Paint it Black ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Apr 16, 2011.

1. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

WHEN THE CSIs FIND A CO-ED DEAD IN A HOT TUB, THEY INVESTIGATE A CASE MARKED BY JEALOUSY, PSYCHOSIS AND COLLEGE ROOMMATES, ON "CSI: MIAMI," SUNDAY, APRIL 17 ​

"Paint It Black" - When the CSIs find a co-ed dead in a hot tub, they investigate a case marked by jealousy, psychosis and college roommates, on CSI: MIAMI, Sunday, April 17 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. ​

SERIES REGULARS:
    Horatio Caine............................. David Caruso
    Calleigh Duquesne....................... Emily Procter
    Eric Delko............................. Adam Rodriguez
    Ryan Wolfe............................... Jonathan Togo
    Det. Frank Tripp................................ Rex Linn
    Natalia Boa Vista........................... Eva La Rue
    Walter Simmons............................ Omar Miller ​

RECURRING CAST:
    Dr. Tom Loman................ Christian Clemenson
    Michael Travers............... Christopher Redman ​

GUEST CAST:
    Monica Dow/Alexis Taymor......................... Kristina Apgar
    Corinne Palmer............................ Jessica Heap
    Jared Hatch............................... Beau Mirchoff
    William Oslo.................................. Josiah Early
    Perry Carmichael.................... Gary Leroi Gray
    Dr. Galaway.............................. Priscilla Garita
    Polygraph Technician...................... Tai Bennett ​

WRITTEN BY: Krystal Houghton Ziv & Melissa Scrivner ​

DIRECTED BY: Gina Lamar

RATING: To Be Announced ​

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

3. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

I can't wait for this episode ...I hope we get more calleigh :)

4. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I heard there was supposed to be an episode where Natalia and Calleigh are both in a huge chase scene. I don't know if it is this one or not.

5. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

I doubt it??? That would be a pretty big leap for Emily, from one scene per episode to a massive chase.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Thank goodness no delays tonight.

Ryan and Eric chasing a suspect, this time Eric plays the H role and cuts the suspect off at the path heh.

Something on her computer? Nice find, Walter and nice call, Ryan. So, someone gave her a laced computer, but she wasn't dying fast enough for them so they killed her by hand? Or is the tainted computer and the actual murder unrelated?

I liked Cal asking her the questions with the poly examiner sitting right there, rather than having him ask the questions.

Cute that Walter calls Natalia "BV" hehe.

The weapon was a pallet knife?

I figured Monica attacked herself, but she doesn't know she's doing it... so split personality. I figured Alexis was her other personality. Monica plays with her hair, Alexis plays with her ear.

I knew the artist teacher guy would end up being the killer.

I like the last scenes with Eric and Alexis and I like the Horatio had the school put up her real name.

No new eppy next week. :(

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  7. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Episode thoughts:

• Episode is on time! Fantastic! You're a woman in a hot tub, chances are yes, you are being watched.
    • Did that remind anyone of Jaws?
    • Ryan running again!! I never get sick of that. Oh now Eric is Horatio? Popping up at the end of the chase?
    • Natalia always has the best blazers. Love to have Ryan say something smart to shut Walter up.
    • Oh Frank you're so silly!
    • Thats cuz you don't know your color wheel. Quote of the day.
    • My god this poor girl is so ill. Love that Tom is providing his expertise on a live victim.
    • Aw H why did you change your shirt again?
    • Don't they need a warrant to go in that apartment?
    • Love the crazy imagery. doesn't that disorder stem from prolonged abuse?
    • Isn't it awesome when bad guys say, "Have any proof of that?" Of course they do, you idiot!
    Well I'm relieved the girl's mental illness wasn't used as an excuse for murder this time around. I think the actress did a good job drumming up sympathy for both personalities. Eric and Horatio's efforts to help were sweet IMO. Beyond that, I can't say that this episode held my attention very well. which is pretty bad, considering it got a little confusing. You know what I think it is? I think I'm bored with the sets, of all things.Maybe I should rewatch it tomorrow to give it a better shot.

8. yen35

yen35 Witness

Really liked this episode.
    I have seen cases of dissociative identity disorder before but on law and order SVU, not on CSIM. This one was very well done I thought.
    Like redanemone said, I am glad that the alter personality of the girl didn't kill the victim though because I have seen that theme before in a Mary Higgins Clark novel.
    I also liked the fact that they pointed out that DII is not a well documented condition and even scientists are in debate about it.
    Poisoning the keyboard with thallium was rather unique.
    The comment about Rembrant was very funny.
    Them trying to interpret the polygraph was interesting.
    One of my favorite episodes this season.

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I was quite impressed with this episode. Total opposite from last week's. I'm very pleasantly surprised that Alexis didn't end up being the killer and thought it was very good that it was someone else. The actress did a very good job displaying both personalities. My favorite part was the scene with Eric at the end when he gave her his card. That was really sweet. I thought Eric and H worked really well together. Loved Calleigh's two seconds and the fact that the polygraph was messed up. Oh and Logan was awesome as was Frank. Interesting episode.

10. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

This episode was ok wish we had more calleigh ! No eric an calleigh scene :( this season sucks

11. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

I actually like this epi, crazy people being murdered by crazy things. Aww, so miami.

12. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Another so-so episode. Better than last week, but still nothing special.

I'm not a huge Natalia fan, and even though I feel there's more of her on screen these days than I'd care for, I did still enjoy her more aggressive/pissed off scene.

This episode was definitely better in terms of portraying those of us with mental health problems. Over the past few seasons, non-recurring characters' mental health issues have been more exploited than anything. As soon as they come across a victim or a possible suspect with psychological issues, it's more of a "look at the crazy person! look at the crazy s**t they did!" than "this may factor into what happened or their perception of it, let's explore it deeper". Shows like "Law & Order:SVU" I feel do a far better job of avoiding exploitation of mental illness. I think the actress did a fine job, and it felt like more of the cast were sympathetic to her troubles- Eric, Horatio, and Tom, especially. I'm glad it was Eric and not Horatio who made the connection with her at the end- his own experiences with trauma, memory loss, and therapy certainly allowed him a better understanding of her issues. Horatio was able to be helpful and sympathetic without being patronizing, which was a nice change that was very much needed.

Still missing Calleigh, but at least her one scene was good. I really hope she at least gets a little more in one or two of the episodes left this season- even if it's just one more scene.

13. jean10brook

jean10brook Hit and Run

It was an ok epi for me, as well. Did not like the aggressive Natalia at all and don't understand why she is always copping an attitude with suspects. However, I was glad to see her screen time more balanced and not overpowering. That was a good thing for me. I loved Eric and the girl in the ending scene. That was nice. Loved seeing Calleigh, but of course, not nearly enough and the spoilers were way off. She had no scene with Ryan, Dr. Loman, H or Eric. Just Calleigh and the extra's, excluded away from the team, like she doesn't even speak or associate with any of them anymore. I hate that feeling and want her back and interracting with Eric and the rest of the team, like the old days. I really miss that, I miss them, I miss the CSI Miami I used to love. Sad, very sad! But, I did get to see lots of Adam, but still, call me a softy. I miss E/C.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I agree, this was intense, The actress now played the double personaility was great. The team was great as well. Horatio was sweet and kind to the gal. So the boyfriend did it, Nasty. all of the team was good. I would have enjoyed seeing Eric and Calleigh interact though. And Natalia, she's so fabulous. Good episode:bolian:

15. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

okay episode but felt the actress did a bang up job with the character's tugging at the ear or hair and general blank look of memory loss-thank goodness Horatio has had alot of time working with traumitized witnesses since Frank wanted to throw the book at this girl-if they had worked on building a case against her they would never have got the real killer-artist in residence who wanted to ride the coat tails of her genius art work..