Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I think I may have already mentioned that I was one of the few who wanted Emily's pregnancy to be written in the show, simply because I had a feeling that we would get what we did in season 9.
    I suspect the writers didn't want to go that way because they didn't want to keep their relationship "going in a subtle way". These writers don't know how to write a real romance; it's all about the drama :rolleyes:! I guess that's the way they think they can capture the fans' interest!
    And, IMO, they are leaving us in the dark, hanging by a thread, sorta speak, because they want us to tune in every week, just to see if there's any EC interaction; which is exactly what's happening right now. Think about it: if they officially ended EC, how many hiphugger fans would keep watching the show?

2. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Well, I wouldn't. Other characters are just not enough for me. I would watch it occasionally, like NY and Vegas probably or maybe not even that.

3. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I stopped in today (bored at work - don't tell my boss) to see what was going on and just had to comment...

THIS... so. very. much. They have made things way more complicated than they ever needed to.

I think the reason the crappy Miami writers gave up on trying to write EC while Emily was pregnant is because they don't know how to write anything but over-the-top drama. Why in the name of all that is holy they couldn't just leave Eric & Calleigh alone, keep them in a solid relationship is beyond me. As many have noted, it would have been so very simple to have had one very small scene every few episodes - a touch, a glance, a few words here and there. But no, since they apparently can't write anything but soap-operaish drama and they couldn't write that and keep the camera from filming Emily below the chest. So they had to do their drama-writing by giving us the unexplainable "I love you like family" B.S. in the 2nd episode.

The writers single-handedly made the entire season stink to high heaven - worse than season 4 ever thought about stinking. I own seasons 1 thru 8 (yes, even season 4) on DVD, but I for damn sure will NOT be spending my $$ buying season 9 on DVD - would be a complete waste of money. And the level of suckage this season isn't even due just to the utterly crappy handling of EC, but having Natalia repeatedly encounter trouble (if I were a Nat fan - and I am so NOT - I would be pissed), having Horatio become the savior of the downtrodden damsel in distress (this is me whenever Horatio is on screen - :rolleyes: ), the reuniter of long lost family members. I could go on, but I bet you guys get my drift.

I would not watch the show if they ended EC for good, or if Emily left the show.

It is no secret that of all the characters on this show, I dislike Horatio the most. Given my utter dislike for what the writers have done to that character - making him the laughing-stock of the entire CSI franchise (if only they'd get new writers who could bring back the Horatio of seasons 1 and 2), if it weren't for EC, I just could not bring myself to watch at all. There are several episodes I haven't bothered with this season, simply because I know there wouldn't be any EC, and we'd get Calleigh for one very short scene. I love, love, LOVE The Hotness that is Adam Rodriguez, and of course I love Emily, but as much as I love them, my dislike for the other characters is so strong that if they ended EC, or EP left the show, I would not watch at all. I wouldn't be able to tune in just to see Adam, or just to see Emily in one very short scene, and have to endure the utterly crappy storylines and Horatio in all his comic-book-character glory.

So I'm with you silentdisco, I'd rather know for sure if they're planning to keep EC together, rather than waste my time watching this show for something that will never happen.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Interestng reads. So why couldn't the writers of had Calleigh [while pregnant] have the baby be Eric's and her's? Like on N.Y. Danny and Lindsay? That would have made may fans happy:thumbsup:

5. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I would have absolutely loved that. But yet again, we are left with nothing.
    As I look back on this season, I am sadly disappointed. I was so excited when Adam came back to the show and then well "love you like family happened."

I mean really, c'mon after all that has happened between them, they reduce them to THIS! :scream::scream::scream: Its a slap in the face to the fans who have wanted this storyline and even the actors who have portrayed this story line for so long.

I really do hope that they can get them back together next season.

They don't have to take over the show, but showing them together, as a couple would be great. I would love to see them leave the lab together, go home, or go out for a night on the town.

Here's hoping that season 10 goes better for our favorite couple, because if Horatio & Ryan can get some love, then why can't Eric & Calleigh get back together. :confused:

6. Desertwind

I agree wholeheartdly, write, write and write I can't believe they've just thown this under the bus so to speak. They've got to put this up-front soon... And Eric is delicious, those lips:p

7. Desertwind

Any news on this beautiful couple yet? I know this show wasn't on Monday due to the playoffs, but it sure is time for them to get it together with this couple:bolian:

8. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon... :( well, there is always the next season, like Adam said, hopefully the next one will be worth watching again for me...

9. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

^^^ My sentiments exactly :(!
    When it was announced that Adam was coming back full-time this season, I had such high hopes for EC! Turns out, last season was so much better, even with Adam making only guest appearances :wtf:! We had nice EC scenes in almost all the epis he was present, and some real good ones in: In the Wind, Backfire, Time bomb...:drool:!
    I said it right from the start, and I'll say it again: Emily's pregnancy should've been written in the show :scream:!

10. Divot

Divot Victim

Hi Folks question for everyone: how low will the ratings have to go before you think the TPTB will get rid of their excessive case of Writers Cramp in terms of Eric and Calleigh getting back together? The ratings were pretty gosh darned high when their relationship was starting up, and this year ratings and viewership continue have declined without them together. If there were any hints that they were back together or starting to get close again, I sure would be watching intently. Thoughts anyone?

11. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I'm not sure if the ratings and viewership are low because the show's aging or the writing sucks, or the appalling way the EC relationship was handled; but the exodus of all the EC fans couldn't have helped.
    I can't speak for anybody else, but I'd sure be back watching the show again if they properly addressesd the issue and put Calleigh and Eric back together again.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  12. CSI4evr

CSI4evr Rookie

well no EC scenes again tonight, but i guess that was kind of predictable. Calleigh really only had one scene in this entire episode again. We only have two episodes left in the season, so hopefully we'll get something EC related.

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I just saw the promo for sunday's episode and OMG Eric and Calleigh share a scene :eek: :lol:. It'll probably last for about 2 seconds and be nothing more than case stuff... Since spoilers are lacking A LOT this season I have absolutely no idea what this scene is about or if there will be a future scene with them and it makes me miss the old times so much when there were tons of spoiler around, and good ones too ;).

Anyway here is the promo:

G.O.

Nothing to get really excited about but something nonetheless...

14. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

I miss E/C csi miami is not the same with out them...this no eric an calleigh scenes is killing me...I still have hope..

15. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Thanks for the promo. I'd love to get excited, but as Cal and Eric share what it looks like a work scene I don't get too excited. I want them back together as a couple so simply talking to each other or even being friends is not enough for me:scream: I hope we will get some new spoilers from TV Guide's Megabuzz next week and hopefully they will be the right ones;) For the time being I can't wait for this season to finish and fresh new one season 10 ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.