"Unleashed" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Apr 3, 2011.

1. byline

byline CSI Level One

Yes, but you'd be amazed at how many university profs insist on having both included in their formal title.

Good point. I'd forgotten about the many different versions of doctors (and how sensitive some of them can be to those distinctions).

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  2. TheDefence

TheDefence Victim

Like everyone else here, i enjoyed the 'B' case way more than the other one. To me, LF seemed to have a slight problem with his timing in this epi. I'd also like to point out that the scene where Sara cme to Ray and told him she'd found the gun to be totally unnecessary.
    When Ecklie was Day Shift supervisor, I always wished they'd give him a case sometime, to se if everything that Grissom had said about him being unscientific [waaaaaay back in S1] was true. This was pretty good, though he wasn't actually a CSI.

3. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Do lots of people not like Ray Langston? I like him and I can't wait for his final confrontation with Haskel. (if that is how you spell it)

4. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Around here nope, on other sites some

I get tired of him, he almost always has plenty of screentime while absorbing others screentime, knows just about EVERYTHING, dumbs down the other characters, acts more like the supervisor than Nick and Catherine do while he's a level 2/new guy, shall I continue

5. Kasey47

Kasey47 Police Officer

I like Ray. Always have.

6. Washington Pride

Washington Pride Rookie

I totally agree with you. Raymond is an amazing CSI. I have no idea why people don't like him.

I can't wait for the final show down either. It should be great :thumbsup:

7. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I'm with sharp on this, not a fan of his. And I am not happy that the end of this episode focused on his obsession with Haskell and pretty much the rest of the season will.

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Mom likes him, but I'm still rather meh myself, for aforementioned reasons. (but we both miss Gil)

9. byline

byline CSI Level One

I like Ray, but am not happy with how his character has been written lately, especially with regard to this impending showdown with Haskell (which feels totally forced to me). I wish the powers-that-be hadn't chosen this path with that character, but we're stuck with it, so as far as I'm concerned, the sooner it's resolved and put away for good, the better.

10. Robinjn

Robinjn Prime Suspect

It's refreshing that a board will admit to this. I was on another board where they denied they were anti-Ray, but it was pretty obvious that they were. They managed to chase off anyone who liked Ray. I appreciate the honesty.

For the record, I also like Ray.

11. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

So i skipped through the Ray/Sara case but watched the Nick/Doc bullying case, i like the way Nick and Ecklie pursued the fact that 'but for' the actions of the spitefull cheerleaders a young girl would have lived. It's a real world issue that highlights how difficult, within the definitions of the law, it is to police and prosecute cases such as this.
    I wish the episode had ended on Nick and the young father in the hospital as to me this was the A case of the episode (and i'm not just saying this because i skipped the other case). Nick's grown soo much over the series and i hope the writers reflect this next season, when Marg leaves, by making him supervisor.

AND just to lower the tone i nearly hurled when Doc was trying to resusitate the baby.

12. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Interesting episode. Like many other Nick fans, I loved his storyline the best, of course. ;) Was awesome seeing him "doing lunch" with Doc Robbins. We don't always get the little snapshots of all the other interactions these folks have in their day-to-day lives (aside from working cases), so I always enjoy the little vignettes.

The whole case was interesting and I think it was nice the writers let us all get to see the bullies get their's in the end, since that's usually not the case in real life- and a frustrating reality for all of us who have witnessed its effects on real kids.

The second story was so-so, but it still kept me watching. Any episode with Melinda Clarke has my attention- she's really established an intriguing character with Heather, so I'm always happy to see her return. I liked her interactions with Ray. And I agree with the comments that she was not so much encouraging him to "release the hurricane" so much as asking Ray, "How do you see this turning out, realistically, for you?" and to just be aware of the outcomes.

Side note- I love Tony Curran (he played an awesome Vincent Van Goth on Doctor Who this past year! :lol:) so was glad to see him working on something this side of the pond. :)

As to Ray- I am a fan. It saddens me to see the dislike on here so often, especially when it's usually based on people thinking their own "faves" are getting shafted in episodes so he gets more screentime... I for one have been a huge Nick fan since "Who Are You" in season one, and I've never looked back. However, this is an ensemble cast format, as well as having some more headlining actors- getting Laurence Fishburne was probably a bit of a coup for the show when Peterson left, so it seems likely that a) they're paying him pretty well and they want their money's worth, in addition to b) the fact that they want to capitalize on his famous face. And you can pooh pooh at his level of celebrity, but Peterson, Sinise and Caruso were pretty much all at that same level upon joining the various shows. He's the first guy you see in the opening credits for a reason... That's all I'm saying. I ALWAYS want Nick on screen at all times! :lol: But I'm realistic enough to know that's not going to happen. And if you watch an ensemble show thinking you're going to get anything else, you're always going to be disappointed. ;)

Sorry for the digression. :)

13. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Ray and Lady Heather scenes were forced. I don't see the need to involve a CSI icon like Lady Heather to the ridiculous Ray/Haskell story.

Three more episodes and I bet those will be Haskell heavy. Annoying. I get it the writers wanted Haskell to be Ray's nemesis as long as he's on the show - like Wo Fat as a series nemisis on 'Hawaii Five-0' or Red John on 'The Mentalist' - but on CSI, the Haskell story is an overkill. But honestly, I can't wait to see how this ends!!! I just want to see this end. I hope this story ends permanently in the finale. (Sorry for using the word 'end' 3times! :lol:) I'm so ready for a more creative season 12!

14. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Watched it a second time

The guy telling the Nick and Doc the girl was dead was kinda random, wished they had looked more into him, it'd be different if it was the mom, boyfriend, or a friend

No Heather didn't look at Sara much during the conversation, was that cause Sara made remarks or she was just too interested in Ray and Raskell

Interesting how Heather was wearing the cat type patterned clothing

Dr. Nete does remind me of Heather and when we first met her in Slaves of Las Vegas, why did they choose a name so close to Nate

"For now" :lol::rolleyes: Sounds more like Heather to me, the part with you'll have use the dark side of Ray to get him, doesn't sound like Heather to, too out of character for her, OOC is what it's called I think, think like him to catch him yes perhaps, but ugh anyway

Most of the animals or human pets were cats, the more popular animal of human pets I guess, I guess it be hard to be a goldfish

"None of these girls are bad kids" :wtf::rolleyes: Yeah right

Me too Geeno :), if they hadn't squeezed Raskell into such a short time it'd be different

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute