Speed/Rory #18 - A Different Shade of Badass

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Apr 16, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 21, 2009.
  1. Speed/Rory: 'Always Watching Over Us'

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Speed/Rory: 'The Dead Has Risen'

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Speed/Rory: 'The Dead Will Rise'

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Speed/Rory: 'Welcome To The Company'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Speed/Rory: 'I love Hotel Rooms; Body Fluids Everywhere'

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Speed/Rory: 'Even Eric's Head Tells Us He's a Great CSI!'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Speed/Rory: 'Solving Cases From The Beyond, Circa 07'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Speed/Rory: 'A Different Shade of Badass'

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  9. Speed/Rory: 'Finally fired his gun!'

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  10. Speed/Rory: 'Greg Seaton or Is It Satan?'

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  11. Speed/Rory: 'Sometimes Bad is Hot!'

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

2. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

The look on his face is too cute here:

[​IMG]

3. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Hey everyone! So glad Speed is still being remembered around here - he was my favorite character when the show started - sarcastic, witty, kept Eric on his toes and also had a sense of humility about him. I miss him. :(

Just rewatched "Dispo Day" and I have to say it's very heartbreaking. I know Rory wasn't too happy w/the way Speed was killed, but I have to say it kind of made sense to me. I keep remember that episode "Wannabe" w/the kid who really looked up to Speed but later committed suicide. I think that really affected him and sent him into a deep depression, hence he stopped cleaning his gun again. Why the others didn't notice this depression is the sad part. :confused: Of course, Speed never really "opened up" to anyone, not even Horatio that much, so even if they asked, I'm sure he'd just blow it off. :rolleyes:

Sadly, it looks like Rory is NOT interested in coming back anyhow. He could've come back for the Season 8 flashback premier ep. but declined, which was very disappointing. :(

One way they can get Speed back in the mix, though, is to maybe have a younger brother or something involved in one of the episodes. I enjoy writing fanfic occassionally and have a scenario in my mind where this brother would come back and uncover the real reason behind Speed's death (Remember Cal covered up that his gun wasn't cleaned...)

Oh well, we can all watch the Season 1-2 DVDs and relive Speed's glory days. I LOVED the team back then, and wish they were as close now as they were then.

Addictedtospeed: I love your profile pics - it's good to meet a Speed fan who also appreciates Ryan :) I really loved Ryan and thought he was very different from Speed (and respectful of his memory) - always thought Eric gave Ryan a bad wrap simply b/c he was replacing Speed. :( Even now I'm not so sure that's dissipated.

4. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I don't think Speed was depressed never really saw anything to that. The cleaning the gun thing still irks me.

Oh look, I got my name change! Sweet! *ahem* Anyways, thank you there are quite a few Ryan fans who don't like Speed and vice versa. I was a Ryan fan first but then got into the earlier episodes of Miami and love Speed a bit more. Eric did always give Ryan a hard time as if he was replacing Speed it was annoying.

5. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

New pics of Rory!

Love the first one!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Rory!!!!!!!

7. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

It maybe a bit belated, depending on the time zone, but I too, wish Rory many happy remains of the day (or evening). You are missed on Miami, but we all hope you are having a wonderful birthday. I sure wish that Adam could convince his buddy to come back to Miami...*wishes*.....

8. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

We can only hope can't we?

9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

10. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

WOW! What a difference....several years make! It's nice to see the torch still burning for Speed. I miss him terribly. I have to echo what I've read in previous threads, Speed would not be a great mix for today's CSI team. Too much has changed...

*Gasp* so many great pics! I must come back:D

11. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Nice to see Speed fans as always! I really miss him too. I watch Seasons 1 & 2 a lot. Love your sig!

12. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Howdy all i'm a Speed fan as well and i've seen Right At Your Door and i freaking loved it and i miss Speed too. I watched season 6 episode 4 and just seeing Speed make me emotional and i miss him on the show...

13. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Welcome to the Speed thread! Loved Right at Your Door! I went to see Public Enemies three times just to see Rory, lol! I wish they would say something on the show or visit his gravesite. I think it sucks that they never do.

14. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

15. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge