Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Part 2

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by happyharper13, May 19, 2009.

1. TheDefence

TheDefence Victim

Re: Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Crime Scene Investigation, Par

1. Greg's "storyline" stretched two episodes and after that we had no continuity whatsover.
    2. Keppler was rushed and he went out in rather cheesy fashion. Not that I didn't like him, but it still felt forced. If Ecklie had been Undersheriff at the time then I think he would have been well recieved as Day Shift Supervisor.
    3. Even on sabbatical, we had a secene with Grissom writing love letters to Sara, no less. The writers simply could not leave it alone.
    4. Warrick had been gradually written out since season 6.
    5. I personally liked Riley, but Ray/Nick shoved her into the background.
    6. I understand the situation with JF and the contract, but the manner in which it was executed was still incredibly cheesy. The S& finale was possibly the worst ever, barring "All In". I didn't care much for the premiere either.

2. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Just wanted to point out that, technically, Greg's storyline was featured in three episodes: "Fannysmackin'" (the actual incident with Demetrius James), "Post Mortem" (Greg's hearing), and "Big Shots" (The Drops case involving Aaron James). You also had references to it in "Double Cross" (Greg bruised and battered), "Leaving Las Vegas" (Greg and Grissom discuss his options for the hearing), and "Empty Eyes" (Greg finds out about the payout to the james family).

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I'm going to have to agree with Defence, Season 7 was totally for GSR. Grissom and Sara worked nearly every frickin' case together, they had their moments, etc.

Yes, there were other storylines, but that season was totally GSR and it ruined the show, IMO. I've said it once, I'll say it again...Grissom and Sara have no romantic chemistry whatsoever. :rolleyes: Even now, there is no chemistry and Sara doesn't even bug me anymore. She is a little better since she came back. I like the 'sibling rivalry' she has with Nick at times.

Riley being shoved into the background has nothing to do with Nick, it had to do with Ray being brought him and tptb focusing on him. It's about time Nick had more screentime.

Nick and Riley together, ummm no. Never would have worked; no romantic chemistry between them.

Riley and Greg, yeah, I could've saw that. Tptb had a potential to form a strong friendship or love between those two, but they blew it.

Sofia? She had no chemistry with any of the people on the show and I was so happy when they got rid of her character.

4. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

Defence, I have to agree with you about 7th season, almost the whole season, it's about Grissom and Sara.

But I have to disagree with Defence and I have to agree with SpeedyStokesgirl.

1. Nick did not put Riley in the background, Ray did.

2. Nick and Riley don't have no chemistry together.

3. Nick and Sofia don't have no chemistry together.

4. I was glad Sofia left the show, but I'm not happy, she is back. Along she stay Deputy Chief, I'll be happy.

5. I see Greg and Riley have better chemistry then he does with Sara.

5. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Greg's storyline was also mentioned in Burn Out, Meet Market, and Monster In A Box

Warrick yeah since around season 6 was when we started seeing less of him, but maybe Gary asked for less screentime or that's when he started causing trouble on set

Season 7's ender was WAY better than All In, we didn't know what to expect in the season 8 premiere (which I agree was disappointing) or if she'd make, All In Ray shot a guy...that's it

Oh please Ray's the one that's ruining the show, he was the new guy a level one now two, a lot of times acts like the supervisor which should be Catherine and Nick, and the only one that knows anything and the one who knows everything

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Nope, GSR ruined it first, but I do see your point. :) See I actually like Ray, I just don't like how tptb handle his character, so I'm with ya. His character has ruined it in that it's so much focus on him, but with Grissom the show was an ensemble.

So I do agree with you, but GSR ruined it first. :D Which is funny, because if they had gotten those two together in the first couple of season, it might have been different. But with how Grissom's character changed, nope should never had happened. :shifty:

Oh, let's just face it, the only ones screwing up this show is CM and tptb. :lol:

Guess we can't 'technically' blame a fictional character, but it's fun. :lol:

7. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Yeah putting them together at first would have been different but the show was doing great, looked like it had lots seasons to go so why rush into anything? Cause if you do, what will be left?

And all the characters have changed really so how do you mean Grissom changing meaning GSR should never of happened

Sure we can ;) why not :lol:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  8. TheDefence

TheDefence Victim

@NHRfan

I think that you might have misunderstood. Ray and Nick have practically worked every "A" case together since mid-S9 so I was referring to the pairing not one of the two.
    I personally think that Sofia was a great character, especially with Brass. I know that the GSR shippes hate the way she was introduced(way over the top). I know that most of the fans are angry that she could even be REMOTELY intersted in a relationship with Griss. yes, she sucks at interrogations and her character wasn't really developed, stereotypical female cop etc.
    I never said Nick/Riley had romantic chemistry, but it would be a nice idea.

The problem the writers have with Nick is that GE has such great chemistry with everyone that he's simply overused IMO, starting with Warrick. I can't even begin to count the number of cars they've processed together. In Warrick's case, he gradually faded out. Nick/Riley/Greg during S9 was overkill. I'm speaking under correction, but Riley has NEVER worked a case with Catherine or Ray except for one case with the 14yr old kid in the basement.
    It got even worse after Ray arrived. the writers saw a good thing and they simply abused it. when was the last time Nick and cath worked a case by themselves? When have you last seen Cath/Ray in the field? Has there ever been a Ray/Greg pairing? Once. Ray has been there 2 and a half years and what do they give him? One case with Greg, about 2 with Sara and 5 with Cath. The Ray/Nick combo is simply beating a dead horse at this stage and I'm sick of it. I'm also irked by Nick/Greg in the field by themselves. They work so much better with Cath.
    (I'm getting off topic I know, but bear with me) They really, really, really need to [1]. Get rid of LF OR [2] Replace MH with a female lead that has chemistry with Ray OR [3] Convert Hodges to CSI asap. I think that Ray was at his best with Hodges and Wendy, I don't know why?

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Totally agree with this. TPTB even admitted that it was because they brought in two new characters around the same time and they just couldn't fit both there.

I agree. I think they had kind of brother/sister chemistry kind of like Nick and Sara do.

Well, I was a Greg/Riley shipper, so I definitely agree with this. :)

I agree that Sofia was good with Brass. I liked their chemistry. And I think she had good friend-ish chemistry with Sara. Didn't really care for her interaction with the others though. I'm not a GSR fan at all and I hated the way Sofia was introduced with the whole flirting with Grissom thing. I don't dislike Sofia though. Once they stopped having her flirt with Grissom I liked her better lol.

Riley worked with Catherine on that case where the mob guy's daughter was killed... something about a blood transfusion to pump drugs out of her system or something, but it killed her I think. I didn't think that girl was 14. Was she? I thought she was college aged. There was also that case Cath and Riley worked together where they were talking about pot and Riley made a joke about having some in her locker or something. I can't quite remember the conversation fully, but I don't recall that case having anything to do with a 14 yr old kid in a basement. The lack of Riley/Cath working together was probably due in part to Marg asking for less screentime (I think that started during that season).

As for Ray/Riley, they worked that one case where they got into it about him going over to check on the injured suspect when the suspect had a weapon. After that, the two of them didn't get along, so them not working cases together was probably done purposely to indicate that Cath kept them from working together since their personalities clashed.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  10. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

Riley & Ray were taken hostage by a 14/15 year old in a basement in one episode, Riley & Catherine both worked the blood-transfusion "Keith Richards" case...

11. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Glad to see this thread active again. :)

So a few reminders before I give it a go...

This is a debate thread. People can and will disagree with you. The idea is not to belittle or berate another member because they disagree with you. It's to get your point across in a civil manner.

So far it's all good, but I'm just throwing it out there because this thread can get a bit heated.

Onward,

I have to say the return of Lady Heather didn't do it for me. I only saw bits and pieces of the episode.

Gil and Lady Heather had SOOOO much chemistry, it was oozing off the walls.

I have always thought she would be a better romantic match for Gil than Sara.

So when she was described as someone with ulterior motives, I was so disappointed at that description. Is that was CSI has reduced her to? Someone who wasn't loved by Grissom or whatever that she went a bit nuts and therefore is out to ruin everything? Hardly. I really found that offensive to her character.

In her earlier episodes she came across as a strong, self confident woman who also dealt with the worst part of human nature. Except she dealt with the living.

Gil was incredibly turned on by that and was fascinated by her. He saw her for who she was, not what she did. That's why he came back on more than one occasion.

I get tired of people saying that she is a whore or a slut because she ran a business that had to do with the seedy side of people.

To me, they clicked from the beginning. She got him and he didn't like it. But yet he kept coming back. They had such an attraction and chemistry it was hard not to see anything come out of it.
    He made sure he saw her before he left Vegas. She told him what he wanted to hear. Men and women who are attracted to each other don't always have that great of a friendship. So when he did say good bye it made it that much more special.

So that's my 2 cents on Gil and Lady Heather.

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I was first and foremost a Cath and Grissom shipper, but if there was someone else he had to end up with I would've had no problem for her to be Lady Heather. So much chemistry and they just really got each other. That chemistry and understanding I always saw between Griss and Cath or Griss and LH I've never seen between Griss and Sara. Especially the chemistry part.

13. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I am a GSR fan, I have always seen chemistry between the pair. But as I have been on the opposite side of cannon ships on the other csi shows, I know that people see these things differently and that if they are against a particular pairing, when lots of time in a show is devoted to them it can become very frustrating.
    I never saw Cath and Grissom than anything other than good friends and colleagues. I dont think Cath could have put up with Gil's peculiarities. She is far more passionate than Gil and Sara, and I just couldnt see it working between her and Gil.
    On the other hand, I could have seen Gil with Heather. Although on paper you wouldnt have thought they would go together at all, together they just blended so well.
    ladyhunter- I agree, Heather 'got' Grissom. She had him sussed, and that intrigued him. I think they would have made an interesting pair.
    As for Lady Heather's return, I havent seen it yet, so cant comment im afraid.

14. GreatTyrant

GreatTyrant Dead on Arrival

Geez...I haven't been here or anywhere CSI in ages...2008 I think...Totally missed everything since Griss left the show...But I saw a commercial that had LH coming back and since I've always loved that character, decided to have peek...

Wow, are GSRs still looking for a confrontation between LH and Sara???...I've read several places how Sara "showed LH" and "really dominated LH"...

Seriously???...It amazes me that even after such a huge lapse in time, I STILL don't understand GSRs, its supporters and the hostility directed at LH...

From what I saw, TPTB tried to write Sara as being snarky towards LH, but they also wrote LH as effectively waving the naughtiness away as childish and inconsequential...I wish TPTB would give it a rest already...The way LH wordlessly dismisses the character of Sara by simply ignoring her remarks and turning to speak to Ray makes Sara look silly...Those scenes always make Sara look woefully unsophisticated and attention seeking...

And after having GSR RELENTLESSLY spoonfed to non-GSRs, lemme get this straight, Griss and Sara are so evolved that she's back in a job she supposedly hated, in a town she supposedly hated, AWAY from the guy she supposedly luuurves SO much that she gave up any semblance of self respect to chase him to the ground like a lioness chases a gazelle in the wild despite his desperate attempts to practically gnaw his own foot off to get away from her...but now it's all good cuz "they're married" and it's CANON?

Are you kidding me???

GT;)

15. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ It was never implied that she 'hated' the job, just that she needed a break. Sometimes you need to get away from it all to revitalise and realise that what you had wasnt so bad.
    And people have all kinds of relationships. This marriage works for them, and although the majority of people wouldnt want a relationship like that, me included, they seem happy with it, So thats all that matters.