Review: CSI: Miami--'About Face'

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Mar 29, 2011.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Natalia is kidnapped by an escaped convict hoping to prove his innocence. Synopsis: Horatio and Frank look at the body of Cara Landry. She was bound and gagged, and her neck was broken. The murder seems to fit the MO of escaped convict Patrick Clarkson. An eyewitness named Greg Calomar confirms their suspicions—he saw Clarkson [...]

More...

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Great review! Though I was frustrated to see one of the female CSIs victimized once again, i liked that Natalia more or less saved herself and that her read on Clarkson was integral to exonerating him.

I love the actor who played the real killer, but it was so obvious it was him from the moment he started going on about reward money.

I love Molly!! I've seen that actress in two other shows, and I think she's really good. It's about time Ryan finds someone who likes him back and isn't using him for some reason.

3. Arkle

Arkle Dead on Arrival

What was up with everyone being so condescending towards Natalia? The baseball mitt thing would've been good enough for a halfway competent defense attorney, but Eric drops the "Stockholm" bomb on her for it? I'm aware that Stockholm syndrome is a legitmate mental condition, but I'm pretty sure it takes more than a few hours (tops; I don't think Natalia was in that van for even that long given that is the CSI-verse where everything takes about 1/50th as long as it does in real life) to take effect. Calleigh was a tad rude too. Show's how little they think of Natalia doesn't it?

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Maybe I missed something but this is what bothers me: how did the CSIs 4 years ago concluded that the bottle was used to assault the victim only to know now that there weren't female cells on the bottle but dusty prints? Just because it was beside the victim?If (4 years ago) they already found out that the bottle didn't have cells in it then they could have easily considered it to be planted on the scene and the "suspect" wouldn't be in jail.

5. Arkle

Arkle Dead on Arrival

It's probably one of those "the other shift did it" thing. The flagship show used to do this a lot; Day Shift (Ecklie's) would inevitably be wrong in any episode where Grissom's shift found new evidence. Then again, they never out right say it was another one of Miami's shifts that messed up, which is odd since they usually never pass up a chance to affirm Horatio's 'Mary Sue' status.

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I think it was more about them being concerned for her than being condescending. She was fairly emotional about the whole thing (as opposed to calm and collected) and with good reason since she had just gone through quite the ordeal. So I too would've first made sure about her well being and line of reasoning first. Like I said, more out of concern than rudeness.

7. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

That was a great and exciting episode!Thanks for the review!!