Episode 9x18 About Face ****SPOILERS****

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by MelxxWhoLuvsYa, Mar 24, 2011.

1. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

ok episode but really feel that the team should have more compassion for a man wrongly accused who lost his family over this AND spent YEARS doing hard time as a murderer..hope he sues. Gee, they wouldn't believe him cause 'case closed' but thankfully Natalia put on her best convincing argument and won that debate. Didn't understand H needing to compose himself guess I got confused and mistook it for some 'inner' bad feeling that Nat was being kidnapped-like spider sense tingling or something dramatic..nice if he's concerned about all the escaped cons if that shows some empathy on his part. Episode was fine and loved to see Dave techie guy back..

2. Zipster

Zipster Witness

Thoroughly enjoyable episode. Loved the filming of it, the quite moments. Yeah so it wasn't original, and yeah the bad guy was obvious (was actually kinda hoping that the new husband would turn out to be the murderer, would have been a nice twist...) but still, really enjoyed it.

I do like the Doc in Miami now, so dry.

A+ :thumbsup:

3. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

I doubt he's concerned about the scumbags that broke out of jail; he's worried about the harm they'll cause to society unless apprehended quickly. But H needs to quit blaming himself and understand that their crimes are not on him :(

4. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

A good episode. Nothing too special about it and like many of you, I suspected that dude from the beginning.

I had to admit I found Ryan's "Here's Molly to save the day" line funny. Perhaps it was due to Togo's deadpan delivery. I wish we could see more of him and Walter. This season's scenes with the two seem flat compared to last seasons.

Natalya is the Queen!!

Rating 3.5/5

5. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

The episode was too predictable, I knew what would happen when Natalia got kidnapped and I knew that guy who wanted reward money was the killer.

I am glad Ryan is getting a new love interest even though I am not a fan of their pairing yet, there is still time for them to grow on me.

I understand Calleigh's lack of screen time but still I wish we could see more of her instead of just one scene. I miss her.

6. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet (probably has) but didn't anyone think that when Molly said whatever about Ryan's schedule and then he was like "I didn't realize you were watching my schedule so closely" and she said something like "just paying attention" or whatever, that is was possibly foreshadowing to Molly having a photographic memory? Thought that seemed likely, unless they've dropped that or something but I haven't exactly been following the spoilers lately.

Other than that I liked this episode. I never liked Natalia that much before this season. I never disliked her either but she was just sort of there and I didn't care. This season, I love her! I'm glad they've given her storylines even if people think they're sort of too many for one season or they're too similar or whatever. I don't know if that'll keep up once Emily is back completely (no offense meant, it has just always been that way with Calleigh) so I'm gonna enjoy it now.

I was kind of hoping that Natalia would be with the guy a bit longer, rather than just him kidnapping her and then her getting away right away. Would've made it a bit more interesting I think.

I don't really have an opinion on the Ryan/Molly thing yet either. I don't really care either way. :lol: I think Ryan deserves a love interest but I also know that ships usually turn out bad, in my opinion. And being a Ryan fan I would rather it not turn out annoying. If they do eventually get together (seemed like H sort of kept poor Ryan from his coffee date :lol:) I just hope it doesn't turn out dramatic and stupid, and that we actually get a conclusion to it if/when it ends.

Other than that, pretty good episode.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  7. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

Very good episode! it was interesting from beginning to end.
    Natalia was great as usual, I'm so glad she has a more prominent role this season.
    I loved Ryan and Molly interaction, they're really cute together.

8. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I agree the "case" was predictable; however, the real focus this week was on the team, which was quite unexpected and pleasant. They spent more time exploring Natalia's feelings and building the relationship with Ryan and Molly. We saw a worn out and very disturbed Horatio. Just viewed this episode again, and enjoyed it even more.

9. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

WHile I found much of this episode to be cliched and predictable, I did enjoy the ending.
    Far too oftens episodes end like this where everyone lives happily ever after and no charges are brought. It's nice to see that wasn't the case here.
    While I have a feeling the charges might reduced to time served, I sadly think the relationship between Clarkson and his wife is over. He should be allowed to see his son,but she has moved on with her life, and so should he, just like many wrongly convincted people in real life have had to do.

10. Titaneers

Titaneers Victim

am I the only one that thought right when Natalia freed herself that she shouldn't have attacked him? lie low and surprise him when the car is NOT moving...

lol... ryan's such a lucky lucky guy...

well... H didn't go Jack Bauer on the guy... even though he did kill and assaulted women... but the final scene made me nervous

11. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

I think that I remember that Leven said she'll be getting only three episodes in CSI: Miami. Sssooo, I'm sure that this will be her last appearance, just like that Sam chick in Sunblock, etc. Next!

As for Calleigh/Emily NOT getting enough screentime, I'm sure that we'll see more and more of her episodes later as she is, in fact, second to Horatio/David throughout the entire show and not just some random guest star. :rolleyes: I'm not a fan of episode reviews, though, I find it upsetting that the analysis of Calleigh's/Emily's mimiscual screentime has been due to "disappointment" on the reviewer's part. Yeah, SURE!! Girlfriend's just given birth, and now let us PLEASE have her have more screentime with our nachos and popcorn! Give her some time to adjust. She's not going anywhere nor disappearing off of the show as well as the show's credits.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  12. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Not a bad eppie. Full of action and again Eva knocked it out of the park!:thumbsup:

Random Thoughts:

--I kind of thought that Natalia would have been gone for more of the episode and the team would have to work to get her back, but I liked it better this way. Gave ELR more of a chance to shine!

--The victim in the morgue's head being bent in that matter bothered me for the rest of the eppie.

--Glad to see Dave Benton and I do like the haircut.:thumbsup:

--Love Ryan in the blue tshirt:devil:

--What kind of man lets his wife sell herself for money?!!:wtf:

--Horatio looked tired and stressed.

--I love Frank:)

--The victim's ex-roommate was a b*&^%ch!

--Not sure how I feel about Ryan and Molly. Thought their first interaction in this eppie seemed kind of snarky to me. The next ones seemed more friendly.

--Greg was as nutty as a fruitcake

--So did Ryan get his coffee with Molly?

I enjoyed this eppie:)

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I believe she also appears in episode 19.
    He looked as if he were going to work for Horatio and skip the coffee.

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

And then what...talk him out of it? She only had the strength of her arms since the rest of her body was behind the seat - he could've easily just gave her a massive backhand & knocked her out cold had his hands been free from the wheel & he wasn't distracted from driving. Sure it caused a car accident, but if it were me I'd rather risk a few injuries than be raped & murdered.

15. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

I thought Leven Rambin was going to be a recurring guest star for quite some time??