**Season Nine Spoiler Lab** - Take Two

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

I am done talkig about the age difference and I'm sorry I brought it up. True love, if this is what Horatio and Renee are going to find, knows not boundaries of time. So what if David is 19 years older than his lady? His real-life companions are far younger, but that is another topic entirely... and yes, daisymay, Horatio is supposed to be 50.
    David is the daddy and Omar is the baby.

2. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

In season 1 Horatio says he is 45. The show going into its 10th season would mean H and DC are the same age.

3. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

Natasha is a wise choice for CSI:M and for H. I hope it works out for the new cast member. :)

A fun fact, Natasha Henstridge is from a little town in Newfoundland Canada and it's down the road from where I grew up. She is from Springdale and I am from a city called Corner Brook Newfoundland. How cool is that! :thumbsup::):bolian: Thought you might want to know.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I noticed my last post somehow ended up on here twice in a row. Don't know how that happened. I hit edit the first time, but for some reason it reposted it instead of saving an edit. Sorry about that. I've deleted one of them. :)

5. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

I am just looking forward to him connecting with a fellow law enforcement person on a 'personal' level-even if they only wind up friends or falling in love-it'll be interesting to see how this plays out-will he be looking at her with puppy eyes or just that secretive little smile DC does so well...she's pretty enough even if she's gained a little weight-let's hope she's not so taller than DC is like Julia was...

6. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

:wtf: What's wrong with a woman being taller than a man? Height difference has nothing to do with how a relationship works or doesn't work. I'm a little on the short side (a little over 5'3"), and while I can't lie and say I've dated guys who are shorter than me or around the same height, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to it.

7. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

well it says on the IMDB site that natasha henstridge is 5"10 and David caruso is 6ft so a bit of a difference

8. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

So David is 2 inches taller than Natasha. Ok? How does that affect anything? And why would it matter if she was taller than him?

9. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Please keep in mind that even if posts are on separate pages, it's still double posting if it's in the same thread.

10. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I agree that there was absolutely no chemistry between Horatio/Marisol. I think there is absolutely no chemistry between Eric/Calleigh.

So when TPTB start telling us that they see real chemistry between David and Natasha ... it honestly scares the hell out of me. Because they have a pretty dismal track record when it comes to recognizing real chemistry! :(

As far as how Alana de la Garza portrayed Marisol? I don't know that it was so much her portrayal as much as it was what she was given to work with. The writing for her character was simply atrocious and it appeared that the direction she was given for portraying Marisol was to appear innocent and child-like. If that was what she was told to do ... she nailed it!

I wondered for a long time who Alana was related to that she was able to get that part because I didn't see any real talent at all. After seeing her on L&O I realized it wasn't Alana. She is actually quite talented. It was the writing and directing, along with zero chemistry with David, that made her character and the part she played, so difficult to accept.

Agree totally. Ms. Henstridge has already proved she is a good actress. So the pressure is on the writers (and let's hope TPTB know what they're talking about when they say they see 'chemistry' :rolleyes:) to pull this off.

And as far as the height thing is concerned ... who cares? :lol: If it bothers you I wouldn't get too comfortable knowing that Natasha is a couple of inches shorter than David. Once they put those 6 inch stillettos on her, David will again be staring at cleavage!

And the age difference in years doesn't matter to me at all. I want someone who is age-appropriate in maturity and experience. I don't want a clingy female/child that Horatio has to 'protect'. I want someone who can hold her own so we won't have to see the writer's typical Horatio 'damsel in distress' scenarios or all the hospital drama we've been seeing with Calleigh in the past.

That seems to be the only type of relationships the writers on this show know how to write. :rolleyes:

11. fanilowchick

I don't really give a rat's @$$ about an age or height difference, as long as they are a good couple and can make it work. I'm super excited to see how this will turn out and I honestly think Renee could the the one for H. But for the record, I bet Renee will stand much higher than H, even more so than Julia. She was/is a fashion model, after all. I've seen David in lots of movies with other actors, and I really doubt he is 6'. Either imdb is misinformed or he lies about his height, he surely wouldn't be the first actor to do so. My guess is he's 5'9, 5'10 at best.

12. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

I just always found it amusing that Julia was way taller since H had to look up to her...it's good he can stand tall enough with any woman. I think Renee will be interesting to watch how she walks, moves if she was a former model but is playing a fed agent..walking with a gun might be different? will she be in heels if she's an agent? guess maybe since it is Miami..so wonder if Julia meets this lady since we've been told she'll be back in an episode around the same time?? would love to see some promo pics of H and Renee together..

13. fanilowchick

I'd love to see photos too, maybe CBS will release some next month??? Of course she'll be in heels!!!

14. jean10brook

jean10brook Hit and Run

You know, we talk about the bad writing. I notice on CSI Miami, it's like they have a different person writing the episode every week. I just don't get that. Is it like that on all the other procedural dramas? I guess I have never really paid any attention. It's no wonder they don't have continuity to the storylines and the actors vary in their performances. It would seem to me they would get a set of a few writers and stick with it, instread of having so many different ones all the time. I agree that Alena DLG is a good actress and that CSI Miami certainly did not do her justice. I just read today that Alena will be on Law & Order: Los Angeles. Good luck to her!

15. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Just found an interview with Eva that talks about the finale a bit but don't know how to properly post the link. Vegaslights, I'm sure you've got this, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.