Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2010.

1. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I loved this episode. My favorite part was definitely when Prentiss heard Garcia's message. I think Paget did a great job and so did the rest of the cast. I think it's great how they wrapped up the storyline especially since it leaves the door open for Paget to come back and I really hope she does.

The fact that Hotch has to carry that secret now will be especially hard and I'm looking forward to how he handles it. It's terrible that the team has to go on thinking she's dead but at the same time they had to do it as realistically as possible so others (Doyle) wouldn't suspect. This way their reactions were genuine and the probabilities of fooling him were greater.

Great ep!

2. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I really like the Prentiss-Doyle storyline - possibly my favorite in the show. The 5-episode build-up leading to the finale was perfect. Makes me want more of the storyline. It is well-written and carefully planned. A story on international counterintelligence and spies? Wow. Even Garcia loved it! It just became even deeper when it was revealed that Doyle was doing this whole revenge thing for his son. Clever. I thought it was only because because Lauren betrayed him - made him believe that their relationship was genuine. The conclusion was definitely satisfying. There is closure. Though it's evident that the writers left some doors open for a revisit when the show calls for it. Many possibilities. But for now I'm happy Emily is alive and safe.

Not sure how long the team will believe in this big lie. But honestly, I can't wait to see their reactions when they know Prentiss is alive - the relief, the happiness, the excitement to see her. But I'm pretty sure in the next few episodes (or for the rest of the series) we might see how they are holding up about Prentiss' "death." How they are changed by it.

This episode is definitely my favorite this season. It's almost like a season finale. They better came up with a season finale worthy episode on May. ;)

About Seaver, I really like her. I like seeing a rookie on the show. At least she's not being a know-it-all character like Ray Langston of CSI:.

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Not reading not reading not reading! I haven't seen the show yet. My cable went out about 10 minutes into the episode. :( And now I can't find it online to watch. Am I missing it on the CBS site? Or is it on somewhere else? Anyone know? Thanks! :)

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I got teary-eyed when JJ walked in even though I knew she was gonna be there.

Gimmel ring? I looked like a Claddagah to me.

In Garcia's voice mail she sounded like a worried sister.

Strange that they didn't do introductions between Ashley and JJ.

Clyde: She said you were the best. I'm not impressed. :lol: He rhymed.

Rossi covering Ashley looked very fatherly. I love how he's like that with the team members.

I like Clyde profiling along with the team.

They recognized Emily's hand in the picture?

Like that JJ hugged Spencer.

So only JJ and Hotch know that Emily's still alive? Or does Rossi know too?

I knew as soon as the Doyle storyline started that it would end with her faking her death. I wonder if Emily's mom knows she's still alive.

It's said that Emily trying to protect Declan resulted in those other kids being killed by Doyle.

So, no new episode next week?

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I guess, since they never showed the team greeting JJ, the Seaver-Jareau meet took place off-screen. It would've been interesting to see, though.

I love when he does that! He basically has the father-figure traits that Gideon lacked.

I couldn't really see it, but maybe he saw something with her nails, like he kept talking about (no, seriously, he mentioned her picking her nails about three times)? Or they realized that they were a woman's fingernails and just assumed that it was Emily? (I would've found it hysterical if they'd identified Emily by how she wears her watch backwards.)

No. Bastards. Hotch had better tell them eventually. I kind of hoping that Paget comes back and we get to have an awesome and heartwarming reunion.

Well, it would help explain why she wasn't at her daughter's funeral. That really bothered me. They couldn't pay Kate Jackson for half a second? I mean, maybe they have some random woman playing her and she's hiding off to the side, but you'd think that'd be something, I don't know, important?

6. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

They interview Thomas about the spoiler. He said, Hotch will have trouble keeping a secret from the teams. But he will do it for Emily's sake. I wondering how the teams react about Emily being alive and they find out Hotch knew about it. I will said, Morgan will be angry, he better not hit Hotch. Reid will be hurt like Garcia will. Rossi will be angry at Hotch, but he will understand that. Ashley, I don't know about her.

7. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I'm glad that it sounds like her "death" will at least have its own underlying arc. The writers are good enough that they shouldn't let something this big just fizzle out.

Guh, of course he'll keep it secret for Emily's sake. He's Mom. He shoulders more burden than anyone should, because he has to protect the people he cares about.

That doesn't make me happier about the lying. Poor team.

(Ashley would probably be confused and a bit annoyed about being lied to... but she didn't really know Emily long enough to have a strong reaction like the others would. And probably will.)

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree. I wanted to see the handshake lol... and maybe JJ giving her some advice on how to deal with the team lol.

Yeah, the funny thing is that Gideon had a son (he talked to him on the phone one time), but Rossi (as far as we know) doesn't have any children of his own.

Yeah, I think maybe they left her out because they wanted to make sure we knew Emily was still alive.

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

The funny part about that is that some people still don't realize. Don't ask me who they thought JJ was talking to at the end of the episode, since 1) there wouldn't be anyone else and 2) it was Emily's voice...

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Thanks to those who sent me advice on watching online. :) I went ahead and paid to get it on iTunes. Still haven't watched it tho, but thanks again!

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

When Emily entered the restaurant in the beginning of the episode her hand was focused while holding something. When I saw her nails I thought "my goodness Paget, you should take better care of your nails if your a star in a TV show, especially if they are going to focus on them!". When I saw that they recognized her in the pic I totally understood because I knew before they said it was her that it was her hand. Same thing in the end when she spoke to JJ in Paris. So I understood it was all part of a plan. The nails were just....well very unique :lol:

12. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I'm thinking it's the stress thing- the character biting her fingernails when she starts getting stressed about stuff. Lord knows the Doyle arc caused her enough stress to make her go back to a nervous habit.

I feel like I must post this quote, because it's the most adorable thing I've ever read:

“Paget knew that she was leaving, and they asked her what they could do to make her a little happier about it, and she said, “One thing you could do is assure me that Matthew will direct my final episode.” -Matthew Gray Gubler

I love them. I really, really do.

13. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I truly feel this wil be the beginning of the end for Criminal Minds. I don't want a new team, I and other viewers liked the old one just fine.
    Plus, I am still bitter at how shabbily AJ and Paget were treated. At least Mandy Patinkin and Lola Glaudini left of their own accord. AJ and Paget were simply given the ax with no warning.

14. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Well, in the episode before "Lauren" Reid noticed her nail biting and commented to her about it. It was the scene where she asked him if he was having headaches.

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yep he did. It was mentioned in "Lauren" a couple of times too.

That's just :adore::adore: I love how this cast is so close to each other and care so much. It's one of the reasons they work so great onscreen and one of the reasons I totally agree with this....

I am too :shifty: