Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Half

Half CSI Level Two

~Most painful Previously On ever, thank you very much.
    ~Dear friends: If you don’t stop talking, I WILL KILL YOU.
    ~Emily being a manipulative bastard is love.
    ~ “You’re just full of surprises, aren’t you?” “You have no idea.”
    ~GO AWAY BREAKING NEWS.
    ~Good boy Reid.
    ~“Why run, we’re her family, we can help.”
    ~“Doyle’s ready to wipe us out. She ran to protect us.”
    ~“She’s a trained spy; she doesn’t want to be found.”
    ~I will say that they figured this out a little quickly. But that’s what they do.
    ~WHAT? WHAT? THEY QUOTED ELIZABETH BEAR?!
    ~“Who was undercover on Doyle?” “Emily.”
    ~Oh, Morgan. You aren’t taking this well.
    ~“If he had us in his crosshairs, she wouldn’t run. She’d take the fight to him.”
    ~Meh. Meh meh meh. Although I really do love Emily as a manipulative bastard.
    ~I love you, Penelope Garcia.
    ~I whimpered. Even though I knew she had to be wearing a vest, I whimpered.
    ~“He views her as his stressor. Which means he’ll take his time.”
    ~Oh God. Oh God. Ow.
    ~I love you, David Rossi.
    ~“I’m pretty good with narcissists. Dated a few.”
    ~“Mind your manners.” Fatherish Rossi is, again, love.
    ~“Hello Lauren. Good to see you again.”
    ~I kind of love Ashley.
    ~“Yes I do. I’m the one holding the gun.” Oh, Emily. Oh, Emily.
    ~Emily, you’ve been in this position before, haven’t you?
    ~“Emily, tell me where he is.” “No.”
    ~WHAT? WHAT?
    ~“I never had a chance to say goodbye.”
    ~So… she’s gonna come back, right? She can come back. She’s not really dead, so she can come back. Please?
    ~Although I’m going to tell you right now, the reactions from the team broke my heart.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  2. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

That show is good. I love Emily. She protected the boy and the maid. She is alive. I knew it that Hotch and JJ working together to take Emily away. Doyle still out there. He will be back next years or so. Emily will be back. Hotch is keeping a secret from the teams. Seventh season, I don't think they will be happy with Hotch keeping a secret from them. Cylde is a good guy and he told Hotch about to protected Emily.

3. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

Well, you could see that ending coming a mile away. Good episode, though. Good to see JJ.

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Great send-off episode for Emily. Damn, Doyle got away. I'm happy Emily is alive. Jeez, I hope they won't bring back the Doyle story in the future just to kill off Emily permanently. That would be dumb, contrived and unacceptable. Anyway since he got away, shouldn't the whole team be protected, not only Emily? 'Cause he can easily kill them and force her to say to him where his son is. Well I guess the next episode might clear this thing up. Or maybe not.

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Well, I think the idea is that if everyone thinks that she's dead, than Doyle wouldn't have a reason to go after the team.

I posted this on Tumblr, but I feel like it's also relevant here.

There are so many callbacks in "Lauren," some subtle some less so.
    The most obvious two are Revelations and Minimal Loss.

Revelations: Team member tied to a chair, kidnapped by a psycho who wants to kill them. There is crying. There is pain. There is the threatening of another team member. There is a choice. (Unlike Reid, though, Emily chooses.)

Minimal Loss: Emily having a gun to her head. Sacrificing herself for her team. Getting the crap beaten out of her, and taking every single second of it.

Roadkill: ”You ever smoke?” “Used to do a lot of things.”

Children of the Dark: When JJ was talking to her about kids. (Think about it. If Emily was that close to Doyle, she would’ve been treating his son like her own.)

The Angel Maker: ”You’ve never been in love, have you?”

JJ: Reid’s reaction.

Demonology: In Demonology Rossi acts fatherly towards Emily, and he does the same thing in Lauren with both Emily and Ashley.

The Reaper Arc: Emily has to leave her family, just like Hotch had to leave his.

Amplification: ”Am I naive to think that lying is never the right thing to do?” (Of course she hates lying. But she’s also good at it.)

I wouldn’t be surprised if there were many more. God, writers, I love you so much.

6. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

But he knows/believes his son is still alive. He left Emily alive. He could have easily squeeze the stake inside her to finish her. Plus, he won't trust whatever the gimmicks the feds are showing (i.e. Emily's funeral). He will probably wait for the situation to cool down before coming back. The story is really left unfinished for a possible revisit in the future. In the meantime, I think the ending is satisfying.

One more thing, I don't think Emily's true condition will be kept a secret for a long time. Realistically, the team should be smart enough to wonder why they weren't allowed to see her body.

7. electra

electra Pathologist

This was the big Emily episode that I have been waiting for a while.She is definely a tough woman that can take anyone down.It explains why she is so guarded and the way she is able to "compartmentalize" like she told JJ.Hope this is not Paget last episode.

I do not like much Hotch keeping from the team that Emily is alive but I can understand it.The rest of the team reactions was as expected.Morgan was initially angry ,Rossi like a father and Reid as the little brother.

8. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I'm glad that they didn't kill Emily off, I think the most touching part is when Garcia called her and left that message on her phone, Emily truly loved each one of her team members. And then again when Morgan found her. I think at this point Emily made piece with what had happened while working undercover with Doyle. She gave his son a life that would truthful, honest and normal. She protected her team from him.

I do have to wonder if JJ told Hotch the two had a few words that no one knows. Then it shows JJ meeting a woman who we believe is Emily and telling her "good luck".

I guess we will just have to see where this leads us.

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I kind of feel like at some point Hotch will have to tell them. I don't know how long you can keep a secret like that from people that you care about.

About Doyle... I'm not sure. I think that's why he asked her about Declan while she was lying there. I feel like he realized that she was dying, and knew that without her he'd never find his son. But I think he'd believe it... I don't know. If they get Paget back, they could finish the storyline appropriately. How they could finish that storyline without her, I don't know.

10. Speedslady

Speedslady Police Officer

I think we will have to wait and see what will happen. I hope that the actresses is able to return she is one of my favorites on the show. I was suprised that Mathew Gray Gubler directed the episode. Very well done!

So does anyone know if the show is going to introduce anther newbie??

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I don't know whether there'll be a new character. I don't know how well that would go over, particularly internally. It's one thing to replace characters who leave (like Dave and Emily both did), it's a different thing to replace someone who "died."

About MGG directing- Paget specifically requested him. Which just makes my heart melt.

12. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

There haven't been any talks of adding cast members. I think it would just be a slap in the face this season after the negative reaction to the addition of Rachel Nichols.

I saw the ending coming about 6 months ago. :lol: I'm glad this storyline is played out and they can go back to CRIMINAL PROFILING. ;)

13. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

They have to get Emily back. This is going to be an all-boys club show, lol. Now there is just Garcia and Seaver. Garcia doesn't get TOO much screen time and Seaver...well yeah...I was hoping she would be taken out by the sniper on the rooftop. :p

14. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I actually like Ashley. I don't like the fact that they style her hair exactly like they used to style JJ's, but I like her. I mean, she's good as a newbie. I think that, especially in these upcoming episodes, she can be the team member with the freshest eyes, who isn't partially paralyzed with grief. She can be sad, but it's not as personal to her as it is to everyone else.

And I really liked her scene with Rossi, when he talks her into profiling. That scene made me really start to like her. I mean, she gets the chance to prove herself to Rossi, but all she can say is "Oh no. God, no. Not me." because she doesn't feel confident enough in herself to risk saying something wrong that will get someone she knows killed, even if she has the information inside of her.

15. electra

electra Pathologist

I agree that eventually Hotch will have to tell the team,especially Rossi.It just bothers me becouse they are a team and should trust each other.

I do not mind Ashley but they should give her at least good material to work with.Now that JJ and Emily are not here we need a strong female on the team.

And I agree with Colonel worf,Let's go back to profiling.We really need a strong case with a quirky unsub.:lol:I am even missing Foyet.