Why Lindsay Must Go, Part 4

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 22, 2009.

1. CSIRufus

CSIRufus Victim

However, I am new to this site and I giving my opinion on this 'thread' that is all :)

2. LassieComeHome

LassieComeHome Victim

I have only seen Anna Belknap act in CSI: NY which I have watched since the beginning. I never thought that much about Lindsay either for or against. But I have been reading these threads and thinking a little more critically about her (both Anna and Lindsay) so I looked her up to see what else I could watch her in. In the next week she will be in two shows.

The Handler (with Hill Harper) will air on the Universal-HD channel on Friday, March 18 (episode 1.15 "The Wedding Party") and Friday, March 25 (1.16 "The Big Fall"). Without a Trace will air on the ION TV channel on Friday, March 25 (episodes 3.23 "End Game" and 4.01 "Showdown").

I don't get the Universal-HD channel but I do get ION so I will watch that. I am also going to keep an eye out for her Law & Order: SVU episode (2.18 "Manhunt"). I want to see if Anna does any better as a different character with different writers, or if the problem is her. This will be interesting.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WOW, Anna/Lindsay is one of the reasons I watch NY, she's great, in her acting, in the lab where she's so good and finds out what happened. I think everything she says and does is wonderful and she's adorable to look at. I can't for the life of me understand how everyone doesn't feel the same. My 2 cents worth:confused:

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I have only seen one episode of The Handler and didn't catch her SVU episode, but I did see her in Medical Investigation and thought her somewhat better in that than she is in NY. Overall, I think she's just kind of a limited actress... she doesn't have a lot of range, and when she's called upon for deep emotional scenes, she just doesn't get the material across convincingly.

To be fair, I think she's gotten better than she was in the first few seasons of New York. Her crying in the morgue and reacting to getting bit by a snake are a few examples of truly cringe-worthy performances from her. But I do think she's done better with the material in more recent seasons.

I'll be curious to hear what you think of her in the other shows, LassieComeHome!

5. DannysGirl

DannysGirl Hit and Run

Hey

I'm not ashamed to say...even yell from the rooftops...that I do not like Lindsey at all. The actress is fine but Lindsey is just to bland a character for me, when compared to the awesomeness that was Aiden.

Now I know they're complete opposites and I'm all for that but lindsey is just no good at all. I think the character has that top of the class, goodie goodie, always needing praise thing about her, and instead of giving the evidence she has to do all these presentations that we all know even Mac seems to be over.

In no way was she a good match for Danny. I think Danny always needed someone that would challenge him. Lindsey and him have no chemistry whatsoever and their scenes are just too bland. Preferred Danny season 1 and 2 before he began getting it on with her.