Calleigh is a bad-ass, Horatio is a dirty cop.

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Rizzoli, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

2. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Excuse me? How did you come to the conclusion that Horatio is a dirty cop?

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ Well, he isn't exactly fighting clean when he's after the truth (roughing up suspects, withholding medical attention, threatening suspects, putting his own team's jobs at risk by encouraging them to follow suit or to have them witness his actions etc.). I don't quite think he's completely devolved into 'dirty cop' area, but his concept of protocol and professionalism is a little twisted lately. I'd say borderline. Not that it would be so devestating if he was--the writers apparently have a plan for his future development.

Either way, I don't find Calleigh to be particuarly bad-ass, and I found that scene forced, badly choreographed and more of an artistically-driven "look what we can do!" instead of a dynamic real-life situation showcasing Calleigh's ability to think on her feet (which would have done a service to her character). But I'm sure some people liked it. Miami has a flare to it and I wouldn't have expected anything less. :lol:

Maybe I'm just putting too much thought into this.

4. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

There are 9 seasons of which this is the only one where he's done some questionable stuff but even if you totaled all the "Bad Horatio" episodes, there are more "Happy Horatio" episodes that outweigh the bad

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  5. ComicCollect_NL

ComicCollect_NL Witness

I don't like to like to see it.... but it's true. Going to Rio to kill Marisol's murderer? That's definately dirty. However, his heart is at the right place so far.... At least, he hasn't killed any innocent people.

6. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Thats a very good point, Comic. All 3 shows have shown their fair share of dirty cops, but they all did their deeds mostly for themselves. Yes, the business in Brazil was an all time low for H, but everything since has, at least, been done with the good of a victim in mind. Disallusioned? Yes. Dirty? I don't quite think so.

7. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

In regard to Rio, he and Delko went with the intention to bring him back legally but then the law of unintended consequences took over (i.e Delko getting in a jam with Riaz leading to Horatio's intervention)

8. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Calleigh a 'bad-ass'????? :rolleyes: I've NEVER been impressed with Calleigh trying to look tough. Her even pretending to look like she's capable of being tough is laughable to me.

Give me Natalia (CSI Miami), Ziva (NCIS), Olivia Benson (L&O SVU), Mary Shannon (In Plain Sight), Grace Park (Hawaii Five-O) ... heck even those gals on Smallville are more bad-ass than Calleigh.

As far as Horatio is concerned, I wouldn't call him 'dirty.' When I think of a dirty cop I think of a cop on the take. But his method of of exacting information needs some intervention and I don't care for him including other team members in his information gathering parties.