Grade 'The Untouchable'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by vegaslights, Feb 25, 2011.

?

How would you grade The Untouchable

1. A+

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. A

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. A-

7 vote(s)
    25.9%
  4. B+

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. B

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. B-

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  8. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Not a bad episode, but riddle me this: From previous seasons, it's been established that the team have each other's contact information, including cell numbers, and surely Mac knows the number to his own damn lab and Jo's extension. So...why would he need 911 to connect him to Jo Danville at the crime lab? I thought that mayhap the kidnappers had taken his phone, but he had it with him a very short time later. Why not use it instead of wasting time and energy by staggering to the one remaining payphone in NYC, a payphone that happens to be in the middle of the suburban boonies?

I did like that Jo gently called out Mac on his hypocrisy about following his "gut" while chiding his subordinates with self-righteous tirades about the imperative to "follow the evidence, not your instincts." Mac can call it what he wants, but he believed Tessa in the face of an initial lack of evidence to support her ramblings. He believed her because he wanted to. It's nice to see someone acknowledging his hypocrisy without coming across as a whiner.

Too bad it did no good whatsoever. Because Mac is always right. Even though he can't remember the number to his own lab and needs the mystical intervention of a convenient payphone.

If Tessa was a lawyer who went around the bend, then wouldn't her fingerprints have been on file with the law firm for which she worked? Most law firms do background checks. If they knew she worked for law firm x, then they clearly had legal proof of her identity. There was no need for that stupefyingly treacly ending beyond the writers' clumsy desire to tug at the heartstrings like a cat on an Emery Cat. It was lame.

Oh, Flack, bless you. You keep me from chewing through my wrists to ease the pain.

2. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

very good point!

3. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

I thought that Mac was using an emergency phone that only connected to a 911 operator.

4. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Maybe he was, but it looked like a payphone to me, and even so, why would he need to use it if he had his cellphone?

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

There were two buttons on the phone, one to be connected to the fire department, and the other to the police. Maybe his phone was in his car?

[​IMG]

6. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

Finally got around to watching this online today. I liked this episode, although I don't think Mac Taylor would have the patience to listen to an noncoherent, rambling woman who stopped him in the street. I do admire Mac's photographic memory though. I'm also impressed with Danny's trivia knowledge of baseball. The woman who played Tessa was so thin that it was almost painful to look at her.

7. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Finally watched last night....I wasn't that impressed with the episode...It was a letdown considering the latest great episodes...B+....

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Finally got to see the episode. I gave it an A-. I am annoyed by how much shows start out with something happening and then go back so many hours. It's happened too often lately. But other than that, pretty decent episode.

When Lindsay said something about finding grease on the jacket, I thought Danny's response was funny "You better hope its grease considering where we found her" and then Lindsay saying "you're gross" and him countering with "Well, you wanted the jacket" haha.