"The List" Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

^Agreed, Princess, about the Nick comment. :wtf:

Okay, all those guys....all those COPS....slept with that woman and all knew about the others??! I don't EVER want to hear from anyone again about Nick sleeping with a hooker. :lol:

I really liked this one, except for the weird Ray behavior. I loved how the whole gang was involved, and I even liked Ecklie's part. Catherine running the show was great! And there were a lot of great one liners from everyone.

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I think he said that because he thinks Nick gets away with doing stuff like that, which is sort of true. That's how I saw it.

3. Rainack

Rainack Hit and Run

I too am a huge Nick fan, but I totally agreed with Vartann. That's Nick. That IS his character. :) I had to laugh when Vartann said it.

I thought the episode was a bit anticlimatic, after what I thought they were going to build up to in the previews. I thought they were actually going to treat Ecklie, Brass, and Vartann as suspects. It was more of a quick questioning to find out why they had stayed on the case when they had been involved with Annie, then they were all on the case again.

4. Otie

Otie Hit and Run

Well I guess now we know how/why Ecklie ended up on that list too... she didn't seem to be all that picky about her bedfellows. :eek:

I really am starting to wonder about the direction they're taking Langston. He's getting an awful lot more aggressive... and yes, I realize that when dealing with convicts, one needs to step it up a notch - but there was something very disconcerting about his interrogation with the one suspect.

The cell search he and Nick were doing bothered me as well. The way they were throwing everything at the men... I dunno. It just rubbed me the wrong way, I can understand their disgust/anger... but acting out like that felt like they were going down to the level of the convicts, instead of trying to take the high road.

Maybe I'm just naive though.

5. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Not to bad of an episode. Kept my interest enough. It wasn't quite as good as I had expected. I too kinda thought they were gonna make Ecklie, Brass and Vartann out more as suspects then how it actually played out, but it worked.

I wasn't to keen on the attitude adjustment on Rays part either, but perhaps he felt to get a better response from the inmates, going in with a little attitude was the best approach....I dunno. I just left it and accepted it for what it was.

A side comment. As for the earlier comment about why Ray is wearing sunglasses inside. Perhaps they were prescription glasses, for the character does wear them. I wear my sunglasses often inside. Well that is if I'm stopping in somewhere for a short time. To much hassle to be constantly changing from one to another.

Greg running through the lab hallways? Made me giggle for some strange reason. The first thought that popped into my head was from back in school and the teachers constantly telling us not to run in the halls. And though he didn't stop to help the girl up, he did pause long enough to apologize. Which was nice to see. Speaks of his character...at least to me anyway.

Again, liked how the writers made little shout outs to past episodes....well more so certain scenes, but still.

As a Hodges fan? Sad times for me. Two new episodes and a rerun in the past three weeks and they were all episodes with no Hodges. And someone mentioning his name doesn't make it any better. But yes, Wally is working on a couple of movies and was working on a series on the internet, so I wasn't completely surprised at his no shows in the past couple of episodes.

Episode overall? Probably a 7 out of 10 for me.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, at first I was like "hey!" then I thought about it and thought that yeah, he meant it like "you're complaining about me not recusing myself, but yet Nick didn't and you didn't complain about that". In other words, he was saying it was a double standard.

7. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I liked this one. Though I did figure that Anne-Marie was alive early on. And really? All those cops slept with her? Really?! :wtf: That's just... ew. "Hey, Rookies! Welcome to LVPSTD."

I really liked all the attempts by the cops to recuse themselves. And Catherine's little jab about double standards regarding the genders made me smile. You tell 'em, lady!

Ray was okay. His behavior still reminds me of Samuel L. Jackson. Not sure if that's a good thing yet. Although I did like the scene where he's telling the Aryan Brotherhood member to strip. :lol:

I loved the references to past episodes too. McKeen, Warrick and Ellen Whitebridge. Good stuff.

My two other favorite scenes were when Nick first finds the list and Brass walks in. Really awkward moment for Nick there. You can just see him looking at Brass and mentally telling him to shut up. Plus, Brass was kinda creepy in that scene. Awesome.

Second was the Greg running scene and the comment by Catherine. "Running from a stripper?" "Burlesque dancer. And that's not funny." Actually, Greg, it kinda is. Sorry buddy. :lol:

8. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Summary:
    - All of the prison stuff was reminding me of Oz, with the rioting, the killing, someone ending up being “the bitch”. That was a great series (not to mention the occasional naked guys, but Shhh! I didn’t say that!!)

- I’m SO glad that Dina Meyer wasn’t a dead corpse in this one. At least she got a speaking part – even though it was short. I love when she gets to play the sexy, sultry bitch. Now, if she would have had a chance to match wits with Catherine in this one. *sigh* Alas, the CSI writers blew it – for a second time! Then again, I guess if they put those two together in a scene, the screen would burst into flames with the overall hotness of the two sexy, sultry redheads!

- speaking of Catherine: it was great to see her totally in charge of this thing – right from the moment Nick shut her door. She knew with many cops as suspects, “the shit was gonna hit the fan”. You could tell that she knew if any of it was gonna come back at them, she made sure it would be directed at herself.

- LOVED seeing more of Conrad Ecklie – although his story about “friends with benefits” with Anne-Marie made me cringe! And I really loved the Conrad/Cath/Brass interaction. Having these three most-experienced ones together was very refreshing.

- There was actually quite a bit of continuity to this one – finally. I also loved hearing about some of the backstory with Brass, Ecklie, Vartann, etc. But there were great references to lots of older stuff – like Warrick’s murder, even an inference to the reverse forensics with Keppler - and recent stuff too – like Lou’s leg, Greg’s burlesque dancer, etc.

- Greg was our labrat for the night. I guess I’ll take him getting the screen time rather than Ray, but I would have loved some snarky Hodges about now.

- I was very puzzled at their rush to judgement in arresting Lucas Martin. I guess it was supposed to mirror the rush to judgement/frame that Vance got at the beginning?

My full review can be found here

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I enjoyed the continuity as well. That's one thing I like about this season.

A mention of Cavaliere and Vega, too!

10. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

But no O'Riley mention! :scream: I miss him!

11. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

She got enough chunky monkey from Brass. ;)

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I liked this one a lot. It was fun to watch all these cops having to confess to this weird relationship they all had with the same woman. Vartann's scene with Catherine in the dinner was awesome. He's little quip about how it was unusual to see her outside the office made me laugh.

From the moment they said that Anne-Marie's body hadn't been found my husband said she was alive and totally spoiled it for me :lol: but I found it interesting nonetheless.

I was surprised when Lucas called Catherine "bitch". Just like that in front of everyone. I was like oh no you didn't!! :eek: :lol:.

I agree that Ray was way too pissed in this episode to make sense. My husband kept asking me why he was so angry.

I give this one an A :).

13. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

One of my favourite episodes of the series and definitly the season, i always enjoy the episodes where we have a good mix of csi's and cop's.

So the opening scene in the prison was a bit blah, Nick's awkwardness when Brass entered the cell was great, one of those moments when you're thinking *please stop talking and leave*. As Ray was dealing with Aryan Brotherhood i could understand to a point the way he was written in these scenes, still felt a bit cheesey at times though.

Really enjoyed the banter between Doc and David, moments like this must be born of spending your time surrounded by dead bodies :).

I like that they had Cath know Vance and Anne-marie, as well as adding some nice backstory to Cath/Brass/Ecklie/Vartann. It was a neat way of bringing up past detectives. I was a bit confused timeline wise as i seem to remember Cavaliere was a late entry to Las Vegas, maybe they all overlapped at the Academy.

The scene with Nick and Cath was good, i like the way he broke it to her that Vartann was on list and how Cath shrugged it off as 'Ancient History'.

I did wonder though, if Brass and Vartann were meant to have recused themselves previously, shouldn't they of had to for the cop/sister/anne-marie cases as well? I suppose with the number of cops involved with Anne-marie those who could run the case would fit on a post-it note.

A little aside but could someone explain the Gold Coast reference that Ecklie made (or do i not want to know ;)).

Despite being a cath/vartann fan i really enjoyed the Diner scene, they both have strong personalities so it's not like either would back down from defending themselves. Some nice continuity as well with the Warrick mention. I agreed with Vartann's comment about Nick but didn't take it as a necessarily spiteful remark, it's just the way Nick deals with emotional situations. Over the years Nick has certainly become less CSI scientist and more Cop with a gun in one hand and a swab in the other.

The fact that Anne-marie was still alive was pretty obvious early on but there was nice science with the planted evidence and the numerous possible suspects.

The end scenes to this ep were great, although when Ray said 'should i stay' i was screaming NO at the TV so we could have one more private Cath/Lou scene :lol: (Lou's 'you only need one' comment will have to suffice).
    I took Vartann's working on finding the link as a round about way of apoligising to Cath for the moment in the diner.

Really wish Dina had had more screen time, she played the sultry character perfectly, it's a shame she can't come back to the show as a cop.
    I'd seen Dina and Alex work together on a different show before so it was great to see them have that scene together, her face when he frisked her cracked me up. What would of made it perfect was if Catherine had been there as well. It was nice to see an episode end on Brass and Vartann, the look they shared at the end was great (reminded me of Meat Jekyll and the stripper).

Best line of the night:

'i think you mean screw you CSI Willows'

14. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I'll preface this by saying that my review might be jaded because there was no Jorja; still, I wanted to like this episode. But, it was soooooo predictable.

When I saw the prison officer in the beginning, I recognized him immediately from other roles, as well as another episode (Playing With Fire) when he was a bad guy, so I knew he would be involved; and with no body being found, I knew Anne-Marie was still alive. It just always seems to me that when they briing up an old case, the CSI's doing the original investigation look like idiots. It was all so contrived.
    Ray's performance in the beginning was so OTT it was laughable. Sorry, I know where they are going with his character, but it's just not working for me.
    Are we to believe that Anne-Marie actually slept with all those men? Going back maybe 20 years, or so? And, her husband knew about all of them? IDK, the whole thing seemed exagerated and too far fetched for me.
    I would like to see or hear something about how McKeen is doing. Shouldn't he have been killed in prison by now? Maybe that'll be another episode.
    I did like the continuity (I really want to see Vega back!) and the character moments that others have mentioned, and I thought Catherine was great throughout. Greg running through the lab reminded me of the old Greg, and while amusing, it seemed a little OOC for him now. I did think it was cute that he was still defending his 'burlesque dancer'.
    My favorite line from the episode was Doc's out of the blue comment about his wife not waiting for him. :lol: 'Dinner' was certainly not the first thing that came to my mind.

Only a 'C' from me for this one. Predictable, and not enough believable twists, and no Sara. But, it was saved somewhat by the continuity and the character moments.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  15. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

IDK maybe her ex just THOUGHT she did, but she only did with some?