American Idol- Thread #2

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by GregNickRyanFan, Aug 4, 2010.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think my top faves didn't make it through. I kind of liked that John Wayne guy and Chris Medina (the guy Jennifer boo-hooed about having to let go).

As for those left, of the guys I think that Robbie boy and the boy with the Aspergers or whatever are the best of the bunch.

Of the girls, I think Naema Adidapo (sorry if I butchered the spelling of her name) is the best with the blonde Lauren a close second. Julie Zorilla is also pretty good.

2. oliviacage

oliviacage Victim

Thank you for this wonderful post. I'm a very huge fan of this show and I really enjoyed it ever. Still, I'm enjoying American Idol season 10 and Jennifer Lopaz looks stunning in this season...
    I lover her... <3

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011
  3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Of the 12 guys last night, the ones that stood out for me were the last 4, amazing Stefano, beautiful voice and Paul, who sang the old standard by Rod "Maggie May", he's got a unique voice. The black guy [didn't catch his name] WOW, what a voice:eek: and the judges thought so too. And the last one, also don't know his name, but I will down the line. [Time to get out my trusty notebook] singing an old "CCR" rendition "I Put A Spell On You" his own version, which he did great.:bolian: The girls tonight~

4. GregNickRyanFan

I didn't realize the show was on three times this week, so I missed it last night lol. I did see a couple of the performances on HLN or rather bits of some of the performances. It took me a while to realize whose voice Scotty's reminded me of, but I realized today that his voice reminds me of country singer Paul Brandt (whatever happened to him anyway?).

5. GregNickRyanFan

Robby should have been chosen. He was the only one I was really rooting for that was still there. Oh well.

6. Desertwind

I swear these contestants are the best, ever on this show. All of them are spectatular, the guys and the gals. What a tough choice they had. These judges are all fantastic, and so fair. I saw Simon on Jay Leno, and he even said they were good. Now time to narrow it down I don't know who is the best yet, but one girl that sand "Stand By Me" OMG, her voice & the range was sensational:eek:

7. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I'm pretty happy with the top 13, except I wish Brett had gone through and not Ashton. Both times she sang she didn't do well. I don't know why they let her back in. Everyone else is awesome. Some of my early favourites are Jacob Lusk (he is such an amazing singer), Lauren Alaina, and Casey Abrams. I like but I'm still not sure about James Durbin. I'll see how he does before I decide. xD He did sing Judas Priest though and that definitely gave him some awesome points, especially since he did it well.

A lot of the girls are reaaaaaally good though, Lauren Alaina just happens to be my favourite. I think Pia and Thia were other really awesome girls.

8. Desertwind

OMG, you already know their names,:wtf: luf100 wow I'm impressed, I guess I'll have to start writing them down, is Ashton the one who thinks she's so hot, but not?

9. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I don't know, she's the black girl (I think the only one unless I don't remember properly?), she sang a Rihanna song the first time I think and then a Jennifer Hudson song (that "you're gonna loooove meeeee!" one :lol:) for her second chance.

Haha, I'm just usually good with names. Any TV show I watch, doesn't take me long to learn the names. :p

10. Desertwind

Good gawd, I didn't care for her at all, she was so conceited and thought she was soo good, and I thought she was below par and mediocre to say the least. and I didn't know that was the one, she made it into the top 13? Geez well I don't see her as an "AI" do you?:rolleyes:

11. GregNickRyanFan

DW, are you talking about the girl who during Hollywood Week said, "I'm tired of seeing people come up here and try to do what I know I can do"? Cause that wasn't Ashton. Ashton is the teenage girl with the big hair. I think she's sixteen or seventeen. She's young anyway. That conceited girl is gone. She was eliminated during Hollywood Week thankfully.

12. Desertwind

She's the one, there's a huge photo spread of all of the 13 in the new TV Guide, and it is Ashton, She is so full of herself, I don't know who your refering to, cause' she's the one I was talking about:confused: time will tell who like who, do any of you call in?

13. GregNickRyanFan

I don't remember Ashton being like that, but then I didn't watch every episode. The girl I'm talking about was bigger than Ashton. And I think she sometimes wore sunglasses on her head. I don't recall her name.

14. Desertwind

AMERICAN IDOL's LUCKY 13

American Idol's Top 24 is down to a baker's dozen, including young performers who don't know the meaning of nerves. Randy Jackson raved aboout Lauren Alaina, 16, calling her a cross between Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood. There's the unusually serene Thia Megia, who also just turned 16. "I've been singing since I was 5, standing on a coffee table and doing Britney Spears song "Oops! I did It Again". she says. And don't forget the kid with the shockingly old-school Nashville, but wants nothing to do wth a cowboy hat, Scotty McCreery, 17, "I'm OK with them trying to change my look", he says, "but cowboy hats don't suit me" Idol's season 10 show-cases a number of performers who know exactly what notes to hit. Casey Adams, 20, wowed the judges playing the bass and mellodica and was labeled by Jackson, the most talented musician ever to compete. Casey says he has no intention of changing up his lumberjack style. "I want to set a new mold", he says "Maybe I'll trim the beard every once in a while". Paul McDonald, 26, channels Rod Stewart, wears sequined jackets and has toured in relative annonymity with his own rock band. The Grand Magnolias for 5 years. Paul says he couldn't change his way of singing or his look if he tried. "The wardrobe guy said he didn't need to do a thing with me, he was asking me where I shopped" Paul tried out for the show "as a lark". It was one of those things, like, they're down the road..might as well check it off my list, so I can tell my grandma I tried out for American Idol ~

Deborah Starr Seibel.. TV Guide writer, issue March 14-20~

15. Desertwind

WOW, this group of contestants to me is the best talent..ever..on "AI" their all so good it's difficult to choose who's the best, due to the fact, that they're all fantastic:bolian: a brief summary of my opinions~

LAUREN..she's very contry her idol is Shania Twain, a good voice, but sounded like of lot of other country singers, don't know this song~

CASEY..He's great, his idol is Joe Cocker, sang "With A Little Help From My Friends", and kicked it out of the ball park, he to me resembles in looks a grizzly bear:rommie:

ASHTHON..her idol is Dana Ross, and sag "Tell Me That You Love Me". she's OK, and thinks she's better than she actually is, there's a difference between confidence and conceit:(

PAUL..His idol is Ryan Adams, don't know who that is, nor did J-LO. He's unique a raspy type Rod Stewart type voice, and a great smile:D

PIA..Celine Dion her choice and mine too:bolian: sang "All By Myself", her voice is so strong she gave me chills:bolian:

JAMES..Paul McCartney, could he have chosen any one better? sang Maybe I'm Amazed". I was apprehensive, but he kicked it, and I was impressed~

HALEY..Leann Rhimes was her's and she did "Blue". She was great, the way she slid her notes on the very blusey song was really good, and she's unique too~

JACOB..Arch Kelly his idol. Don't know this song. A powerful voice, nice tone quality and great range~

THIA..Michael Jackson sang "Smile", only 16, good voice and good job~

STEFANO..Stevie Wonder sang "Time" I like him, he's so passionate a beautiful version..good job~

KAREN..Selena heridol, sang 'Fall In Love". She's great too, perfect pitch and a nice version of Selena's song~

SCOTTY..Garth Brooks, was his and he sang "The River" his deep voice so country, he's a natural~

NAIMA..Rihanna her idol sang "Umbrella" she's great, and so pretty, great stage presence. [she resembles Gary Dourdan]:thumbsup: