"SQWEEGEL" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Oct 9, 2010.

1. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

This was one scary episode. I had a hard time falling asleep after watching this one.
    I had to remind myself that he was just a TV character. :eek: :wtf:

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I liked this episode not just for the story, but good usage of all the CSI's. It was a real team effort episode.

Rewatching this episode, I just realized Sqweegel has two different colored eyes too. I didn't notice that before.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  3. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

I agree enjoyable episode. "Time to get kinky!" blahahahaha Hodges!

4. harddrive

harddrive Civilian

Missed this episode back in October and just caught it. Creeped me out a little. I thought the car wash scene was a little much. I mean, I know it's acting, but slashing a woman with her child in the car? C'mon...going for the shock value I guess.

After reading through this thread, I find it hard to believe that nobody else came up with a LOTR connection here. Sqweegel is a play on Smeagol..a.k.a. "Gollum" from The Hobbit and LOTR Trilogy. He crawls around on all fours like Gollum, creepy voice like Gollum. I guess it takes a LOTR nerd to spot another LOTR nerd!:lol:

Other than the over the top shock value in the car wash scene, I liked the episode overall. Wouldn't mind another episode with this villain.

5. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

Yeah I found Sqweegel creepy and spooky too. When he came down that ceiling he walked like a spider. Wow, I wondered about that paramedic. And to think the REAL creep is still out there. I wonder if that means he will make a return appearance later in the season. Hmmm :eek:

But that kid's music with the Itsy Bitsey Spider song. :wtf: See I agree with GNRF about the songs. So appropriate for the epi. I guess that is what TPTB wanted for the audience. Good epi though as scarey as it was. Nice to see Ann Margret. She looks great! I laughed when Ray asked her " aren't I cute?!" LOL :guffaw: taking her pic she tells him to go to h**l.

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I liked this one just as well on the second viewing. Still creepy, and Ann-Margret was great.

The scene with the kid in the car did bother me tho...mostly she was just a strange little kid, talking to her doll and calling it "Dolly". She seemed too old for that. Anyway... :) One of the best episodes of this season, I think.

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

This was a creepy, strange ep. but enjoyable. Anthony Zuikers' baby. The whole team were so focused, and on top of the crime. Greg finding the tiny window he slid in and out of. Nick and Ray, Cath and Hodges, Brass and the lttle girl l"If you let me, I'll talk to your doll" all of them. Superb. So apparently we will see this creepy character again. The last scene him talking to himself in the mirror " I AM NO ONE" insane dude:vulcan:

8. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I enjoyed watching it again too. I hear they are bringing the character back in a future episode, hope that's true.

9. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

According to Jeffrey Hunt we might be seeing him in the season finale.

Susan

10. nessy

nessy Witness

I finally got round to watching Sqweegel today after being told it was creepy by my mum and brother when it first aired over here, I had recorded it when it aired and not got round to watching it. I have to say I enjoyed it, quite creepy but as I'm also an X-Files fan I wasn't overly creeped out by it. Sqweegel reminds me of Eugene Victor Tooms from the 1st season of X-Files, the way he can hide in small spaces and contortion his body.
    I think he does need to re-appear again this season, the X-Files had Tooms appear in ep 3 and ep 21 of the first season and he was killed in the 2nd of the eps. It makes a change to have a killer that has a different M.O. from what is normally seen, I don't know about anyone else but after a lot of different murders on the show it starts to get a bit predictable.

11. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Scheduled to repeat 6/2. :)

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I do hope he comes back next season....it was too good a storyline to just drop. But please don't let him go after Ray. I don't want Haskell take 2 lol. It'd be really interesting to see if any of the rest of the gang have dark secrets. Brass maybe...IDK. But we need a break from Ray's dark secrets.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2011
  13. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

After watching the repeat of this episode I've discovered that Sqweegel still freaks me out and makes me unbearably uncomfortable. Something about it just makes me.:eek: I know a lot of people like the character but Sqweegel just doesn't work for me.

14. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

AMEN TO THAT!!!

I don't want Sqweegel to be personal to anyone, though most of the serial killers usually are, though Haskell took it the EXTREME :scream:

I hope if Sqweegel goes after anyone it's Brass, though really anyone BUT RAY, it's not like Ray hasn't gotten one before, 2 already to be exact

If Sqweegel does go after Ray I can find something to do on Wednesays this fall

15. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

You've sort of contradicted yourself there, you say the character doesn't work for you yet it freaks you out and makes you uncomfortable, which I'm pretty sure is what the writers want you feel. ;)

I saw the episode again and I still really enjoyed it. I'd say it was probably the only episode of Season 11 which really stands out. Creepy serial killer, excellent team episode, nobody dominated it at all. There's some really good team interaction as well, mainly Catherine/Nick in the sex shop and Catherine/Greg with the attic. The only thing missing was Sara really.

I echo everyone else who says that Sqweegel shouldn't be made personal, especially to Ray, who must be made of honey or something because he's attracting all the wasps. I'd like the season opener to be based on Sqweegel and then maybe have another episode later on in the season. The Millander storyline really worked, because it was spaced out and we weren't having it shoved down our throats every week, they need to do the same with Sqweegel.

Oh and also get Zuiker to write Sqweegel's episodes, he seems to be the only one who has no bias towards any character and distributes screentime evenly.

Still a fantastic episode though, I think I enjoyed it quite a lot more the second time I watched it as well.