Nick Fic Song Challenge Thread #2- Ch #20- "Save Me From Myself"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Smokey, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Re: Nick Fic Song Challenge Thread #2- Ch #18-"What It's Like"

We have about another week and a half to get the stories in. Anyone writing? :D I have a core idea...just trying to work a story around it, but so far nothing on paper. :(

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I'm thinking, but nothing has come to mind yet. :(

3. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I'm having a hard time with this one. Reading comments about the song before listening to it didn't really help either. :( I have a vague idea, but not sure if I can actually turn it into something or not.

4. KFK

KFK Witness

Yahoo...Yahoo...Yahoo...I finished a story for the challenge, and yes I'm doing a little happy dance...because I didn't think I'd finish one for this challenge. (picture a 5 yr old little girl doing a happy dance...the I just got my brother in trouble kind of dance...and you got me right now.) Sorry to burn that image into your memory banks, please try to erase it at all cost, and I promise I won't do that again.

Anyway, I really am happy to finish a story for the challenge, as my last story was way too long, and I couldn't come up with an idea for the challenge before that. Finally, I did it right this time. Yahooo!

Hope everyone's stories are coming along, and all is well and good with all of you.

Take Care,

Kelli

5. Smokey

Yay! I'm so glad you were able to come up with something, Kelli. I got the story in my email. Can't wait to read it. :)

I'm going to have to buckle down and get mine done. I have an outline, but I'm missing a key piece to it...have to figure that out...and soon! :lol:

6. KFK

KFK Witness

I hope we have a good turn-out for this songfic challenge. I love reading the other stories, and getting other perspectives on the Nick character.

I know I'm guilty, of late, for not meeting the songfic challenge. I went long on the last story and couldn’t post (my fault) and the story before that I didn’t participate, but I've tried to review and encourage the other writers no matter what. (If I failed to do so, please let me know.)

I understand the grind of everyday life and it interupting the best laid plans, or that the writing muse may become an unwilling partner. Hey sometimes it’s impossible to finish a story...I get it...been there...done that.

Nonetheless…I hope there’s more interest this time around for the Nick songfic challenge. It’s a good song choice for the challenge, lots of way to go. I took the latest challenge to a place I haven’t visited for quite a while, and sometimes you have to think outside the box.

As Nick's father would say: Let's cut to the chase...

If we don't write, if we fail to take part, the Nick-songfic challenge will cease to exist. Simple as that.

I don't know about all of you, but if the Nick songfic challenge fails, I will sadly miss the creativity, imagination, and the thoughtfulness of the community we all created here.

I hope to read a ton of stories for this challenge, and to keep our little community alive and well...That's all I'm saying. :)

Take Care All,

Kelli

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I have an idea. :D Now let's see if it pans out. :lol:

8. Smokey

Have to admit I feel the same way about the challenge. Seems like people aren't as into writing fan fiction anymore and/or they are too busy with other things. The art challenges have suffered the same fate. :(

When we started this challenge, I looked at it as great inspiration and motivation to write some things that I might not otherwise write. Wait...who am I kidding? I NEVER would have gotten off my butt and written anything without the challenge! :lol:

Anyway, I wish other people could see it that way as well. I know a lot of those who have participated at times were new at writing, but I have seen people's writing here get better and better as we go along. I would love it if more people would give it a try! :)

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, this is totally going to sound weird, but I sat down today with the intention of writing the Nick fic (something I saw on a news show gave me an idea)... but with the way I started it out, it just kind of got away from me and ended up being a Supernatural fic instead. :lol: It went in a completely different direction than I had originally intended it to go. :lol:

I may take another try at it tonight. It's so weird how stories sometimes write themselves like this.

10. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

I am not a writer but a reader and I love reading the stories from these challenges. I would hate to see it end as there are barely any non-slash Nick stories being written these days.

11. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I'm still fairly new, so I'm enjoying both the fic and art challenges (I mostly watch Vegas though, so I usually skip the NY/Miami ones). I was quite disappointed that when I submitted some icons for the art feedback thread, to find out what level I should enter, I only got one response. I really appreciate the reviews and feedback, especially being new at this. It's nice hearing what I'm doing right, and what I need to work on improving.

I also really like the fic challenge, because I'm finally finishing stories! I'm great at starting them, but usually I don't have the motivation to actually finish them. :alienblush:

I love reading all the entries in the challenge - it's fun seeing how many different directions people take the same song.

I finally got an idea for this challenge's song - it was late coming, and is still only partly formed. Hopefully it'll bounce around in my head into something worth submitting in time!

12. Smokey

Well, have no fears about this challenge going away! :) I'll still do it, even if it turns out my story is the only one submitted. :lol:

That said, I'm having a hard time working on this one. *sigh* I don't know what it is, but I just can't put my mind to it.

13. KFK

KFK Witness

You can do it Smokey...just let the story happen, write it free will...make any corrections after it's down on paper. Have at it! I know you can do it! :thumbsup: The story line will work itself out.

Good Luck,

Kelli

;)

14. Smokey

Thanks for the encouragement, Kelli! :)

Any more stories coming in? The deadline was last night at midnight, but it will be awhile today before I can get them posted, so if you're hanging on at the last minute trying to finish...like...um...I am :lol: ...then please go ahead and send it to me! :)

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I was working on my to 5 am and slept late. :D

Struggling with a couple of parts. However, need to run some errands today, but I plan to get to you this evening. :)