CSI:NY Season 7 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Solitaire, Jan 9, 2011.

1. danlynsey011

danlynsey011 Civilian

Yes i thought Sids reaction was weird,he looked at her like a lovesick puppy!!

2. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

A good story, last night. Although I had guessed the culprit halfway through, the plot was still intriguing and the ending was done well. The guy who played the killer was very good, very convincing, and I enjoyed all of his scenes with Mac.
    It seemd abit much having it look like both Mac and Flack were shot, I think the beginning with Mac was enough. But I suppose it made it more dramatic, in the car shootout, when the guy pointed the gun at Flack.
    Not much character stuff going on, but I like having a break from that. I think it works better that way.

3. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

I didn't really rate the episode last night. All the split screen stuff and the slow-mo shootings and then the replays that show you who they actually shot/missed just didn't do it for me.

The main guy/killer was good and I think the story behind it was interesting but I didn't like how it all came together -- it was more the editing than the story that put me off though.

Mac and Flack both out on their own though? I'm not entirely familiar with police procedure but I can imagine it's highly unlikely a Detective would be sent into a gang neighbourhood to arrest someone without any partner or back-up. Same with Mac, why was he off in an abandoned building or whatever on his own?

I did love Jo's post-it notes with the sad faces though! Not entirely professional but they were a nice touch.

4. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I agree, probably both Mac and Flack would have needed someone with them. Especially Flack. He went there specificly to arrest the girl didnt he? I also dont know the police procedure, but surely police must go to arrest someone with back up. If there was just Flack and the suspect, the suspect could make up all kinds of allegations against him, and there would not be a witness. I would think they would cover all that. And, apart from the fact it could be dangerous, especially in a dodgy area.

I didnt really get the post it note thing.

5. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

Agreed, that made no sense to me sending them off on their merry way with just a protective vest, a gun and a prayer.

6. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

The fact that I cant remember much from the last episode doesnt say much for it. It was far too obvious right from the start that Danny's old partner would be the guilty party. But hey, we got to see Danny in uniform, and with his galsses on again. So not all bad.
    In HMV they are selling off some of the NY dvds. They seem to be replacing the old, 2 different sets per season boxes with the all new complete seasons. So it is only £5 per part now. So a bargain at £10 for the whole season. I saw seasons 3 and 4 anyway. Only instore, not online. They also have Vegas and Miami. So, worth checking out if you were thinking of buying one!

7. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I enjoyed the episode (though not as much as the previous ones) but yeah, I guessed Danny's friend/former partner was involved somehow almost straight away, or I at least had him down as one of the possible suspects, purely because he's Danny's friend and Danny has a record of not trusting the right people. I'm not particulary a Danny fan so perhaps that's a reason I didn't enjoy it more as well. An okay ep though. Three stars or a C+ grade, IMO. Looking forward to this week's episode!

8. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

I really didn't enjoy the episode. I thought the whole thing was really flat and didn't have much depth to it at all. A bag with $5m worth of diamonds (and some rather convenient tracking chips) just happens to fall out of the sky and into a wishing fountain...

Probably one of my least favourite episodes of all 7 seasons.

9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

It was definitely my least favourite of the season so far. I too felt very early on that Danny's former partner would be involved. Meh, disappointing.

Still, loving having the new NY season airing though. :)

10. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^Yeah, it was far too obvious. They could have done much more with the episode, made more of Danny's connection to him. It was rather flat. Hopefully tonights episode will be much better.

11. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I thought the beginning of the epi was very good, rather creepy in that unused block, and the car on the roof was quite cool. But the story kinda dragged a little in the middle. And although it was nice to find out that Jo has a family, I didnt think the family bits went that well with this particular episode- it all seemed a little disjointed. And no doubt the fact that we have seen Jo's daughter will mean there is trouble in store for her....

12. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yep, just my thoughts when she turned up. Family members always mean trouble. :lol:

Is it just me or was the episode on Saturday annoyingly predictable? I mean, from the second we saw the little brother looking sullen as the parents hugged the recently escaped older brother it was obvious he would be the killer. Not to mention the mitochondrial dna match, which could obviously be a match to the brother, with Jo and Lindsay later looking confused 'so who's the killer if whatshisname is dead?'.

I do always like how Mac is always right though. No one is sure if there is a sniper in the City, but Mac always knows! TPTB should learn to trust him more. :lol: The bullet blowing up in Sid's face was dramatic, I love how his glasses saved his sight. I love Sid. :adore:

13. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

^ I too found it annoyingly predictable. The past few episodes have really been pretty poor in my opinion.

They just seem to be lacking something for me, can't quite put my finger on what but they're just flat to me.

14. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Well, I think these episodes are an improvement on last season. But there is still a way to go yet, they do seem a little flat.
    I didnt mind the episode. I must have been a bit slow, I didnt click it was the brother until at least halfway through.
    The best bit was Sid falling. I love those glasses, and now they have saved his life. Coolest glasses ever!

15. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Bit of a strange episode. Not sure what I thought about the 'ghost' bits, seemed a bit out of place here. And I wouldnt have thought it would have been Hawkes knowing everything about them. Lindsay 'seeing' the ghost was pretty random, although I liked the very atmospheric park at night. But what was with Danny- he was a bit off with Flack.
    So, yet another of Macs bosses is dodgy. Thats becoming a bit old now. Obviously they are going to go back to that case at some point.
    The 'scared stiff' dead girl was unusual. Although that case didnt really become really interesting until near the end, when they knew who had done it. That was all pretty creepy, and I loved the interrogation with him.