The Locker Room #12 - Real Men Cry

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by BittenByTheWolfe, Apr 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

Yeah, I felt like that too. There's an entire paragraph, or two or three, that confused the hell outta me. He's talking about Danny...I think and himself and he keeps saying I. It'd be a lot easier to differentiate the two if he'd stick to Danny for the character and I for Carmine. :lol: And I got the feeling that he talked incredibly fast throught the entire thing.

2. BlueGirl

BlueGirl Coroner

Yeah, me too. :) It was weird. But it is also very interesting. It reflects his personality, the way he is. It's confusing, but very fascinating. :)

3. MrsGiovinazzo

MrsGiovinazzo CSI Level Three

I noticed him saying "I" where he should have been saying "Danny" as well, but I think that's just an acting thing. If you've ever taken an acting class, when discussing character motivation, the teacher will always ask, "What do you really want?" By "you" they are referring to the character, not you the student. When approaching his scenes, he probably has a mindset of something like, "I desperately want Mac's approval" or whatever his character may want out of a particular scene. Do that day in and day out 12-16 hours a day for a couple years and I can certainly see how it would be easy to subsitute "I" for "Danny" without realizing it may cause confusion for those not familiar with the process or really just without realizing he's doing it, period.

And, yeah, I also felt like he was talking really fast. I think sometimes you have to pay attention to follow him because his mind seems to work really fast. I've always found that interesting about him because he's such a contradiction. He paints and that requires such a high degree of meticulous focus. I have no idea how he ropes in all that energy long enough to sit still for all the hours it would take to paint some of those really huge paintings we saw in the OK article.

4. BittenByTheWolfe

BittenByTheWolfe CSI Level Three

Interesting. The question was about the dynamic between Lindsay and Danny and he starts off by saying he's got it between Danny and Mac and Danny and Flack...and then says that sometimes the dynamic isn't what it's all about. Was he trying to be nice about saying that the dynamic between Danny and Lindsay is somewhat...forced?

5. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

Yeah, that is kind of funny. He even said in the interview that he's easily bored and not easily entertained. You know, he talked a whole lot and put a whole bunch of himself out there, and I still can't peg the guy. :lol: I can understand the whole easily bored thing though, with certain things. I cannot for the life of me pay attention to things I really need to or should, I just get bored and zone out. But I could hang out here or at the other board I go to, not CSI related and amuse myself for hours.

6. MrsGiovinazzo

I noticed that too. Occupational hazard. I always notice whether someone has paid attention to the exact call of the question and he doesn't always. I think all he was trying to say is that the connection between Danny and Lindsey is something that can be ever-present without having to dominate the scene. The way Danny has connections with Flack and Mac that are always going to be there even if that's not what the scene is about. Though plenty could be read into the way he said that. I don't know if he'd fess up to the feeling of the Danny/Lindsey thing feeling forced though because it sounded to me in points like he was claiming credit for initiating some of that.

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Actually, I kind of got that he was more interested in the other relationships (mentor/protege of Mac, friendship with Flack) from that, too. The question was directly about Danny and Lindsay and he was already off on another course.

I don't think he was taking credit for anything but the Montana nickname, which did strike me as very Danny/Carmine. :lol: I think Carmine is a tease. :lol:

As for the I thing for his character...I've noticed pretty much every actor or actress I've interviewed has done that at some point. Like Mrs.G says, I think it's about being into their characters and really relating to them in a way (and about living with them or "as" them for 10 months of the year in TV).

8. BlueGirl

BlueGirl Coroner

To me it felt like he was evading to answer that direct question about Danny and Lindsay. Maybe he can't talk about it, cuz as he said there'll be a surprise in the finale about their relationship and they probably don't wanna ruin that.

He got me excited about that. But it was a little disappointing to read spoilers in the interview. He didn't want to talk about them either and I understand that completely. But what the hell, at least we could read something new on him and that's always a good thing. :)

To me it's always interesting to learn new things about actors, so it was really nice to see how he was sometimes referring to himself as Danny and then later seeing him talk about Danny in third person.

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^I don't think he was evading answering a question about whether he liked playing their dynamic. :confused:

I thought the spoiler that something would happen between Danny and Lindsay in the finale was actually a pretty big one for him to give out! He was vague, but it's cool that he dropped a hint about the finale.

10. BlueGirl

BlueGirl Coroner

I didn't mean the dynamic, but the relationship between the two characters.

Saying there's a surprise in the finale isn't a big thing IMO. :lol: There'll be lots of things in the finale as I can see it, so it should be interesting.

11. MrsGiovinazzo

Thanks, Top. Sometimes written words can be understood in different ways, but to hear him answer you'd be the one to actually know what he was saying.

Hey, girls, not sure if any of you live in the Phoenix, AZ area, but I just saw that Carmine and Adam Rodriguez are playing in a Celebrity All-Stars softball game this Saturday in Phoenix. Tickets are waaaay cheap too. $9 reserved / $7 general admission. Tickets are available from ticketmaster.com. If you live near Phoeniz, jump your ass all over that one. :devil:

12. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

I agree about the spoiler with Danny/Lindsay. I was actually surprised that he mentioned it to be quite honest. That and being a girl that also has the mouth of a trucker (much to my mother's dismay) I was glad that the f-bomb was kept in the article (thanks Top) and it just reminded me that he is a real person and that I could probably talk to him using profanity and not offend him.

He did appear to be talking a mile a minute though in the article. All in all, I loved it :)

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi! i'm new here and i was wondering where i could find csi:ny screencaps. The website i was previously using (http://csiny.pastmyshoulder.com/) was great but the owner never updates anymore! I want my danny pics!! He's AMAZINGLY hot! no joke.

~Lizzy

14. rollinsgirl

rollinsgirl Victim

15. lookaboomerang

lookaboomerang Coroner

*Thinks*...Too bad it wasn't on the East Coast, I'd be all over that shit. Anyway, I didn't realize that Carmine and Adam were still going out. Wonder if Eddie knows?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.