Wallace/Hodges: Full Experience #3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by mrb105, May 10, 2007.

1. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Okay, so I had a little dilemma on exactly where to post this, but decided to post the following here.

So I was checking out the little preview for Liz's upcoming web-based series, and as I was watching, to my surprise!! Wally is a part of this series as well. I always thought that after CSI, the two actors had enough chemistry working together, that it would be nice to see them team up on other projects, but I honestly didn't know it would be this quick. Mind you I don't know if the two will have any interaction with each other on this project, but it was nice to see.... Just thought I'd toss this out there.

The man never seems to rest. He got two movies in the works, this web-based series, of course CSI and he's been spotted several times in another web-based series.

Yeah, it's not one of his better articles of clothing, but I suppose it could be worse. Remember the shirts that Greg used to wear way back when he was still in the lab? Could be one of those...:lol: Now that jacket though....I wouldn't mind that one bit. :p

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thought all you Hodges fans would like to see this cap of him with two of his co-workers, in "A Kiss Before Frying" the experiment:eek:

CATH..HODGES..RAY

3. Desertwind

Some of Hodges dialogue from "The Two Mrs. Grissoms" talk about putting his foot in his mouth:vulcan: He's so good at this, with no clue that he's offending another person:(

Cath and Sara siting in the office, and Sara already suffering angst from learning about Grissom and his ex. girlfriend. So he enters and starts his rambling rhetoric. "It seems that Grissom [brings up Lady Heather] goes for sexual adventrous women whose voracious appetites, dangerous yet unbridled passion:wtf: I thought Sara was going to smack him upside the head:brickwall:, but she just stares at him with those :wtf: expressions. and he digs himself deeper "although you can have sexual passion, it doesn't hold a candle to spiritual, intellectual, not to say you don't have a great sex life, when your in the same city" Cath steps in and goes "Isn't that you phone ringing" and he mumbles about and splits. I think every fan that saw this scene was cringing and going "shut up":scream: He's so good at delivering this kind of out-of-line rhetoric:(

4. Desertwind

:guffaw:He did it agan in "All That Cremains" he was telling Gloria [Ray's ex] he didn't know they were divorced [none of us did] "You've got youself a really good man":eek:Not meaning any harm, but he acts before thinking, like a two year old. Nick was so funny like "Hodges:rolleyes:[come on man] with all the expressions and head movements Great scene, Hodges is the man who never knows what he's saying, nor the right time to say it:wtf: Also in this one when they were going over the "ashes" he goes "I want a tombstone, where someone can worship me at":rolleyes:

5. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

I know I haven't seen the episode yet.... :cool: so most probably I am totally wrong about my interpretations ;)
    but a change of perpsective regarding Hodges' sayings....
    the first one... I think it's a kind of endearing to say something like that..
    about the second one... isn't it a possibility he said those words in a self mockery meaning? (in dutch we call it "zelfspot")

6. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Either way, I thought it was funny! :lol: And as for Hodges running his mouth, I think he's always just...in his way...trying to say the right thing as well as trying to impress people. Endearing...yes, that's the word I would use. I like him. :)

7. Desertwind

OH, gosh I hope this didn't come off wrong, he's great in this role, and has good intentions, but says off the wall things, once again without thinking it through. Who doesn't laugh and roll their eyes where he's concerned, Great role for Wallace as Hodges:lol:

8. DJRideout

Well he's an all around great actor, and loves getting stuff he can really work with. And if the character traits were originally to be awkward, snarky, curt, socially inept etc., then Wally has once again shined in the role after watching the last two episodes aired.

The character seems like most times, he has good intentions, but it doesn't always come across to others as just that. But I love how the others have adapted to their quirky trace tech. It makes for an interesting shift with someone like Hodges. :lol:

But I was kinda wondering if something was going to be picked up on, on Nick's part about the whole "six feet under" comment from Hodges. Well, more so from the writers. They've done great so far with little shout outs to past episodes/comments/situations, I was surprised when there was nothing on this. But then again, I don't think guys really dwell on the past as much as some girls do. But it would have been great to get some kind of reaction from Nick, even if it had been a shutter while Hodges spoke of the topic.

**now wondering if there are any screencaps out in cyberspace, of Hodges in this past episode...looks around :shifty:**

Just a reminder that Wally will be in an internet series starting February 15th. Along with LizVassey.

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

An internet series? What's that all about?

I agree about the six feet under part. I cringed! Since they mentioned "Stalker" in "Sqweegel" I was surprised that passed without mentioning GD.

I'm going to snag a few caps tonight, so I'll see if I can grab some Wally for you. ;)

10. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I didn't even think about that (I'm a bad Nick fan :(). I was too busy thinking "you can still be buried and have a gravestone after cremation." :rolleyes:

Since you hinted so nicely, I'll stop slacking and cap/post some. :D

firing six!
    a great man
    still talking
    alright, Nick, I'm coming
    in the lab
    wants to be worshipped

11. DJRideout

Awww.....I knew I had good people out there that would answer my Hodges deprived needs...you know, cap wise that is. Thanks Raynn and thanks in advance Smokey. :lol: I'm still holding you to your word. :p

The series he's in is about teen pregnancy. And from the looks of the preview, it looks like Wally portrays a doctor. Man he gets himself involved in everything. But I won't complain. At least this way, I get to see him somewhat regularly...outside of CSI.

If interested, I'll drop a PM of the link.

12. Desertwind

13. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

How surprising ... me too :cool:

It didn't came off wrong... no worries there :)... As already pointed out in this thread by a few of you.. he (Wallace) is doing a great job portraying this (imo) adorable character.. considering the fact Hodges is subject of discussion.. if an actor can cause discission about the character he or she is playing, he or she is doing well..

I'm interested :cool:

14. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

Ok here i am. I don't know why but Hodges is growing on me this season. Yes, i admit i guess i like him ! I mostly find/found him annoying but i guess his weirdness has finally found a place in my heart in a weird way and it makes me feel weird :lol:

His behaviours seem so natural this season to me...

15. DJRideout

Hodges is definitely an acquired taste. :lol: But it is nice to see that most are starting to warm up to the character, even if it's just to a tolerable level. I think it was his weirdness and sarcasm from the beginning that really made me like Hodges. And of course, the fact I am a Wally fan in general did help. :p

Apart from all of that...welcome Gremine :)