"Targets of Obsession" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

This episode is WAY better than last week's. I really like the A-story. I enjoy seeing Catherine and Nick work and bond together. Well what can I say, they are my favorites! :) Their hug scene in the hospital made me a little bit sad because I was imagining how things would be in Cath's good bye episode. :(

The B-story is good though it is a bit pointless in my opinion. Haskell is serving two life sentences! What's the point of charging him with attempted murder? And because of that he managed to escape! :scream: :wtf: However, I'm still interested how this Haskell story will end. Yes I'm sick of seeing him but what can I do? I won't quit CSI just because of him.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I've seen lots of witnesses in the courtroom before they got on the stand, and Brass was there too. Was he supposed to stand out in the hallway? It was beliveable to me. I think the writers study all things before an episode. So it was viable:bolian:

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Trust me, in real life he would not be or would Brass be allowed in the courtroom before their testimony. They cannot hear any of the proceedings before their testimony. That's they way it really is.

ETA: it's to ensure that one witness testimony doesn't sway another witnesses' testimony.

4. Desertwind

Well when I lived in San Diego and was a witness in a muder case, long story but I saw the guy that did it running away from the scene. I was sitting in the courtroom before they called me on the stand. So I was going by my own experience~

5. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

^^

The whole courtroom thing confused me. Ray was there as a victim and an expert witness? I think in one regard, Ray would have to have seen Haskell's doctor's testimony in order to refute for the prosecution. However, as a victim, his testimony in such a matter should have been rendered moot due to questionable bias. I know the whole thing was set up for Ray to deliver his surprise confession concerning that gene thing, but surely the prosecution could have obtained an unbiased medical expert who's specialty was neuropsychology. And Ray could have still taken the stand and announced his own condition as proof. Oh well...

6. Desertwind

OK all you brilliant CSI fans how the H did Haskell escape, and who was the guy who switched with him? But more to the point, what happened to all the police force who were transporting him. They seemed to be electrocuted, how did Haskell pull that off?

7. *NickStone*

*NickStone* Hit and Run

Haskelll is a Sith! He used force lightning like Emperor Palpatine. ;)

8. *NickStone*

*NickStone* Hit and Run

So about the episode. I felt it was two episodes jammed together, the Haskell stuff should have been seperate, with its own episode, then they could have focused entirely on the The storyline with the teeny-emo-anarchist-terrorist plot. The teeny-emo-anarchist-terrorist storyline was excellent. Some real suspense created and some cool action scenes, especially in the warehouse.

The Haskell stuff was okay, never been a big fan of that plotline, so wasn't completely enthralled and honestly thought his escape from custody was a bit contrived and silly.

9. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

Oh my god..I can't believe they resurrected Haskell's storyline from the grave...I'm getting so freaking tired of it...

Like before, Bieber has no acting chops whatsoever. It's like his face is Botoxed...come on man, show some emotion! His 'angry' look is like a twinge of mild annoyance...like a fly landed on his sundae...

Also, why does Nick say he has 8 lives left? Shouldn't he have less? Stalker incident, grave danger, bombing, and those are just the big ones. So he's down to 6 lives, and now with this episode it's 5 :p

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  10. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I think he said he's used 8.. I only counted 6 before this episode, but I may be forgetting something.

11. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I think Nick is using an analogy with cats having "nine lives," which of course have only one life that's why he said he already used 8. Something like that.

12. Sinclair

Sinclair Rookie

They were shot.

13. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

Good to see Cath and Brass. Cathy and Varty ; they are cute together... The episode was fun in some ways but not better than the last week i think.

The weak point is Haskell in my humble opinion. The guy was really creepy at first but 'to see him with a suit inside in a glass trying to mess up Ray again' was funny and pathetic. I am not even a Ray fan but it's our third season Haskell with Ray and i think it is time to move on something different ,some fresh story for Ray's development. So what now? Haskell will kidnap Ray's ex-wife? :shifty:

Nick did what he needed to do as a professional. He was there for Cath when she needed, he didn't let his emotions get him during the case...
    The kid is dead. Nice to know we won't see JB again on CSI. His death or his break dance? in slow motion was fun ! :p
    For God's sake, i just write the letter ''j'' on youtube search and Justin Bieber is everywhere!
    So my JB quota is full enough for the rest of my life...

Greg with a gun saying Nick ''don't even think about it!'' was nice and hot.
    But i prefer him throwing some chemicals in a tube instead of a gun or throwing his cell phone to Jason :p :angel:

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I wonder how long it will be fore they discover Haskel's girlfriend's body?

15. electra

electra Pathologist

The character moments saved the episode for me.Catherine and Nick are just awesome together.And Catherine is such a strong leader now that makes me happy.

I like Haskell mainly becouse he is creepy but I was bored with his storyline.Like someone said,too whiny.And he is coming back!