"Targets of Obsession" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

:lol: If he's not willing to go through it? Where in a CSI's job description does it say you might have wackos bombing your house?? And anyway, George explained it one of the interviews that was posted earlier...about how you can only take so much and when you're being targeted for just doing your job.

I was surprised that the Haskell stuff didn't bother me THAT much. Except that it was ridiculous and that those women looked like the Charles Manson followers. :rolleyes:

2. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Kept hitting mute on the Haskell stuff but other than that, as a Nick fan, I thought it was pretty enjoyable. :D

Knew from the paper that the McCann character was going to be talked about more than he was going to be seen - I was fine with that. :thumbsup:

I'd like to say to those (at CBS) who wrote the episode description - Kip is Bomb Squad not Bomb Tech I think there's a difference there!

Thought the bomb seemed a little more sophisticated than the ones in Shock Waves. But I could be wrong, after all what do I know about bombs beyond what I've seen on tv shows.

Sorry to see Vartann get that bullet to the leg but... you're in a warehouse with a bomb in it, always be on the lookout for more!

Loved Nick & Catherine at the hospital. Catherine always has looked after Nick and I'm glad he was looking after her. :)

Susan

3. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Not sure how I feel about this episode. I loved the character interactions. I really enjoyed all the key characters of the main cast here. Nick pissed is actually rather entertaining. He should be pissed more often. I liked the Cath/Vartann stuff as well. Greg and Brass were pretty good here too. And Ray was actually enjoyable. Yet I always like him when he's being all medical and stuff. And his 'surprise' in the courtroom was great. Loved the look on Haskell's face. :lol:

Speaking of Haskell... First off, I do enjoy Bill Irwin's performance. He plays a psychopath well. I just dislike the overuse of the character. And I'm no legal expert, but could he really defend himself here? I can't remember, but was he originally incarcerated and classified as being mentally unstable? Is that not a reason to deny him self defense in a court? Not sure what to make of the bimbo groupies though. We'll probably never see the main one again, if you know what I mean...

Best part, of course, was Bieber. The death of, rather. :lol: I was afraid the scene would have been all slow motion or something. I preferred the fast-paced version used. So undignified. Loved it! I was smiling so much! I think I'm going to make a gif and a wallpaper out of that scene. Whenever I get sad, I'll just look at bullet-holed Bieber. :lol:

Was Kip the bomb guy some of you ladies were looking forward to? If so, I have a confession for Smokey. I thought of you and chuckled when he died. :p :lol:

Overall, not a bad episode. I might be biased over the Bieber butchery, but oh well. :rommie: And best line of the night goes to Nick: "A stairway to Heaven". Gallows humor. Gotta love it. :lol:

4. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I wasn't expecting much from this episode and it definitely proved me right. The Langston/Haskell stuff I think I snoozed through. What a waste of time! And a completely stupid ending with him getting away with his psycho girlfriend. I am so mad he is going to be back in the future. Ugh!

The Bieber case really didn't hold my interest either, even with the bomb scene only because I knew the main cast were going to be okay through it. I figured the bomb tech would die. That storyline was weak overall and really didn't hold my interest too well either.

Overall it was one of the weaker episodes of the season to me.

5. Smokey

:shifty: Yes! Figures!! But he died a hero. :adore: :lol:

Best line? I don't know...I kind of liked Kip asking Nick what is it with him and attracting bombs. And I liked Nick in the beginning saying something about being careful because he's down to 8 lives. ;)

6. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I didn't mind the Haskell stuff until the last couple of scenes. I liked Ray's response to him in court, but how many times does Ray have to go 'gloat' afterwards? The last scene of course, just had me :brickwall:.

The A story felt kind of unfinished to me too. Hope there's at least some followup with Nick later.

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

We know, you never are when the episode doesn't feature enough Greg.

You know if you just be a fan of a main character, then you'd be happy. :)

Of course, I loved the episode. Sorry VL, Nick shouldn't have to expect that. He's a CSI, not a bomb tech. He's suppose to deal with the aftermath, not the before part.

I thought the bomb guy was cute. :D But, of course, they had to kill him. Hey, he could have became Nick's new best friend, since Warrick is gone. :(

Could have done without the Haskell stuff. I agree that Irwin plays him well, but come on, he's a serial killer and guards can't tell that's it him by looking at him. :rolleyes: They only go by a wristband. :rolleyes: Pathetic.

Loved Langston's surprise though and how he one upped Haskell.

Haven't seen the very beginning yet as I was leaving work, but I will when I get home.

I'm sure I'll have more to say after I watch the episode again.

I thought it was good episode. There was great interaction between all the characters.

8. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

The Bieber case with the Nick, Cath, Vartann, Kip stuff worked for me, even though Bieber was there, his acting has improved some, I'll give him that, the Haskell/Ray stuff is what destroyed the ep, it was POINTLESS!!!!!!!! I kept getting annoyed when they showed them and I was talking and complaining while watching those parts, I usually don't do that so much

I wasn't expecting there'd be that much blood from when he died, I figured they weren't going to since there were probably some young girls watching tonight, I wondered what would freak them out more Haskell or Bieber dying :lol: they'll probably never watch CSI again

Greg got a few more scenes that I was expecting, as always he was :drool:, I also noticed the Nike shoes he was wearing, and I wished they had shown him on screen when he was talking to Ray or at least we could have heard him, no explanation of the gun, I'm not surprised

Glad to see Sara, I didn't think she'd be in this one

Nick getting frustrated, very understandable given the circumstances, I would be too, he doesn't get that way very often considering everything he's gone through over the years

When they were in the courtroom talking about the gene and whatever, made me think of what Sara said in Fannysmackin about how the kids are perfectly capable of knowing right from wrong, I don't buy the gene thing that much, there are just sick people in this world

A few nice Vartllows moments :thumbsup:

Kip died :(:( I was hoping to see him again, he was hot :drool:

Glad to see Brass back, Catherine too, I wish they'd mention where they were last week

"My turn for the hot seat" Brass, from Who Wants to Be A Millionaire

I knew Haskell was going to escape when I saw him picking at something

Can't wait for next week, looks good :)

EDIT: You know I wonder if the reason why Canada has been showing repeats the past 2 weeks has anything to do with them accidently letting the cat out of the bag about Grissom in TTMG, or maybe I'm completley off base and they're just waiting and going to show them during March Madness

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  9. Smokey

Agreed. I didn't like it ending with Haskell instead of seeing the fallout from the shooting.

And Ray visiting Haskell! :lol: I kept thinking what an idiot! This is how you got STABBED the last time! :lol:

Would have been great to have Nick and Warrick there at the end going after Jason. :(

10. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

I'd disagree on both points. In both storylines there was a lot of action (physical in one, emotional in another). The episode wraps up the bomber story arc and allows the Haskell story to continue. You may not like that particular storyline, but sociopaths either fascinate people, or make them uncomfortable.

I thought it was a fantastic episode - great performances from the regulars and a surprising one from Bieber. There certainly are worse episodes from this season - the electric chair episode of a few weeks ago comes to mind.

11. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I now have the answer I think :D

/A\ is a TV channel that is an affiliate of CTV. The show was aired on /A\ at 9pm.

12. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I know me too, I was like "Ray do you want to lose your other kidney?!", I'd at least stand a few feet back and have guard close by

*Shuts mouth and walks away*

13. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Knew someone would figure it out. :) Here in the states the affiliated station for your CBS station is your CW station.

Susan

14. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

How is CW affiliated with CBS? You've confused me.

I know the Bieber death scene would make a lot of folks happy lol

I hope the Haskell thing is tied up before season's end...I'm also getting tired of him.

15. Smokey

Honestly I thought Bieber's acting was way better than in the first episode. Now I know...that's not saying a lot. :lol: But it was. Or maybe I'm just becoming numb to him after seeing him all over the place the past few weeks. ;)

That Haskell stuff was ridiculous. I was just gonna scream if the jury bought that act. :rolleyes: I had the impression that it was going to be all him and Ray, so I was glad it wasn't. Ray did a good job keeping his composure.