"All That Cremains" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Feb 6, 2011.

1. electra

electra Pathologist

I found the episode disturbing.Not only did she killed her father but the way she disposed the body was scary.But overall it was better then I expected given that there was no Catherine .Sara and Nick are a great team.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Not reading others comments right now, but sharing mine. I love this character Ray and seeing the personal side of his personality was intense~Good episode all the way through:bolian:

The opening with the thrift store recieving body parts:vulcan:Can you imagine opening a box and finding a severed head.. SCARY AND GRUESOME~

Lab, Gloria enters "Does Ray Langston work here"? Nick: "Yes mam, follow me, I'll take you too him" She sees Hodges shooting she kinda of jumps. Nick:: "here he is, right now, looking more like, doing one of his experiments. Looks more like Dr. Dre [rap] than Dr. Ray" [good one Nick] He's suprised and looking a bit dismayed. Nick: "I really have alot of work to do, nice to meet you Mrs. Langston" Nick always the gentleman:thumbsup: And Hodges acting childish as always saying without thinking "you've got yourself a really good man" and Nick coming to the rescue. His expressions hilarious:lol:

Ray:: "Nice to see you" Gloria:: "what part of your job is this"? He explains, in that low deep seductive voice "What brings you to Vegas" "Gloria:: "I'm getting married" WHOA, that was a shocker to me and mine. Him swallowing and supressing his disapoinment [but no resolution on what happened to them] damm he's good. Gloria nice charming, sparkling personality Her [good job Tracee] "I know you won't come, but I'd really like you to meet Phil, and drinks. I still considered you my best friend, him looking uncomfortable. He goes "Can I think about it"? she says "You look really good" [why did you divorce him?:scream:]

Nick, Sara and Dave discuss her.. while going over the severed head. Finding the heart shaped guitar and other stuff. Ray and Doc going over the body. Henry finds drugs in him "Ray At these levels, he had to have been comotose"

Hodges and Nick on the moms ashes. Hodges "I want a tombstone, where someone can worship me at at "
    :rolleyes:

Ray goes to the bar meets Phil, his painted grin "I'm the guy marrying your wife" "Ray "Nice to meet you" [yeah right] knocking back a shoe of bourbon He sees his wedding ring and assumes he's married again. Ignores the comment..but instead says "I see that Gloria is still fashionably late" Phil tells him how Gloria raves about him, and wants you to come to our wedding. She arrives and is thrilled hugs and and says "glad you came" he's acting embarassed. He's so good with his expressions a master of that:cool: Says "I assure you I'll be early for you wedding to Phil":vulcan:so classy Ray~

Greg and Nick gold tooth & creamains with two different DNA profiles. They go to the Creamtorium a shady operation and take down the sleaze bags running it.

Nick, Sara and Frankie at crime scene. dauther, acting all grief stricken [good actress] Nick and Sar find samples of ashes in the bed and blood in the tub. Ray says to Greg "shoving wives ashes down his throat & slicing him up, that's a monster"

Ray goes to dance rehearsal find Sydney "Do you know a Ronald Pose" [gawd he's got sexy eyes, very provactive]. Down at the lab, Ray questions her and BTW Smokey he had on his glasses, see he takes them off and on:rommie: He had alot of women. They all think Sydney did it.~

Greg finds tapes all girls just dancing but #15 is missing. Sara & Frankie interogate the low life who made the tapes and Sara asks for #15, it's Sydney with her heart shaped guitar~

They find that Ronald had knees pads pressed on his body Nick goes to see Sydney and Cameron at the child center and she begs Sydney to say "I don't want to be alone" so Nick goes "I stay with you, get a pizza and watch a movie' Poor Nick foiled again, [he's so darn nice, much to his chagrin]:(

Ray with Sydney and the DNA on the knee pads. So it points to Cameron, I was going OMG no way Jose, but yup, she was hateful because her dad broke up with Sydney who she loved and she felt neglected and hated both her parents She tells the whole gory story. And her evil look:( So we see the reinactment of the crime. Another twisted, demented teenager,:klingon: who could do such a horrendous thing?

Nick and Ray watch through the other side of the mirror, Nick is stunned and so is Ray:confused:

Sydney almost hurls, Cameron:: "I belong to you"

Ray out side says to Sydney, "It's always very difficult to accept the truth about people we love [hidden meaning there?] Denying it doesn't make it go away":(

On her way out Cameron buries her head in Sydney's lap and says "I love you":shifty: sad all the way around~

Ray in the locker room all dressed up [geez he looked spiffy and handsome]:p Nick:: "Where you going looking so sharp"? Ray :: "my wifes getting married" Nick "HMM, like [say what] Ray :"My ex wife" Nick: "But you still wear the ring" Ray:: I don't know why I do that, we got divorced two years ago WHOA... I supposed it represents the best part of my life" Nick::"I thought the best part of your life was here with us":lol: [He always says the right thing Nick rocks:D] Ray agrees and smiles. "I loved her alot [more reveal we didn't know] When she was here I saw that look in her eyes when she's happy" Nick "So your happy she's happy"? Ray:: "Yeah, I guess that's one way of looking at it" Nick:: "Your a good guy, but you might want to to yourself a favor and take that ring off, before you go":wtf:

He painfully removes the ring and puts it on the self in his locker and slowly walks away.. so we still don't know what happened to them and their marriage, apparently he hasn't gotten over her, maybe down the line he will reveal it to his buddy Nick, but now he's divorced, a whole new ballgame. Good episode:bolian:​

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  3. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

From DLA about this episode:

And the link he gives to the actual story.

Susan

4. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I think it's kind of cute that he's defending his storyline. :lol:

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

He did that with the shark one too. Pretty defensive about criticism.

6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Yeah I have noticed that about his posts...he doesn't take criticism well but he sure can dish it out. :lol:

7. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

18 year olds are generally much more physically developed than 13 year olds. Bigger and stronger.
    LaSquisita

8. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

Having used one of those razor wire saws, at the age of the character, I have no problem seeing that as possible or plausible. Seriously, I went through a log in nothing flat, just for kicks. It's supposed to make things that easy.

9. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

I have two questions regarding quotes.

Greg made a reference to American Idol that had Sara laughing. What exactly did he say? I can't remember.

It's either false or I totally missed it, but I read online Sara made a baseball reference?

10. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I can't remember the exact words, but he was watching the 'supposed' sex tapes of the dancers, when Sara asked, "Where's the sex?" Greg responded to the effect of "I know it's like watching American Idol.

11. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Hahahaha thanks! Now I remember lol.

12. byline

byline CSI Level One

I seem to recall Sara saying something like "We're at home plate" when they realized the bedroom was the crime scene.

I see DLA's explanation for a precedent of a girl cutting up a body using razor wire, but I still have a hard time believing that a girl that young would have the physical strength to do it. She might be able to get started, but to finish the job? Seems implausible to me. The bruises from the kneepads seems more believable. Even with her not weighing much, if she was jamming her knees into his chest, that would cause bruises.

I can see her being able to drag his body across the floor, but then to drag it up and over into the bathtub? Moving that kind of dead weight (literally) is very hard work and again seems hard to believe. The "woman lifting a car off of her kid due to adrenaline" instance is plausible because it would happen in one quick motion. This was a sustained series of actions, and I have to believe that the rush of adrenaline would run out long before they were completed.

Other than that, I enjoyed the episode. I thought Ray's storyline was very well integrated into the overall plot. It wasn't too soap opera-ish and finally answered our questions about his relationship with his wife. Hubby and I both felt that Ray and Frankie blended in more naturally in this episode, felt less like outsiders than they have in the past. It was nice to see Katee in a much more flattering wardrobe this time around. I don't think women have to look like matchsticks or have perfect figures (far from it, it fact), but especially on television or film, the wardrobe should fit their individual body type. Looks like they've figured out that Katee looks better in a stretchy T-shirt than an ill-fitting button-down shirt. I like Frankie's sense of humor, and like others, I also enjoyed Greg's role -- especially him whacking the two crematorium guys with the board -- in this episode!

13. agneskenya

agneskenya Victim

Well, I kind of liked that ep, but it could have been MUCH better.

CSI has addressed the topic of teenage murderers a few times, and to me, this one was the weakest on that front.

Remember the ep in which a kid kills his little brother because he told the school that he was still wetting his bed? The kid killed his brother in a blind rage and went back to sleep...it's only at the very end that he realizes that what he's done was bad.

And the one where a girl kills her stepmum because she's divorcing her dad?

Those two eps were very powerful. The first was really describing what teenagers are capable of when they're not thinking (or when they ARE thinking), and also that some of them simply don't have the notion of right or wrong straight.

In this last ep, we do get that, but it should have been emphasized even more. The surprise of the daughter when she realizes that her stepmum is "mad" for what she's done should have been carried more convincingly IMO.
    When she spoke about wanting her father dead, I simply didn't feel it.

I did for the other eps...

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I thought this episode was electrifying and riveting and intense throughout. I like A and B stories, it keeps one guessing and wondering what the outcome will be. I think our writers are still the best on the planet:bolian:

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, but is a guitar string a razor wire saw? I used to play guitar and I can tell you, those metal strings I had, nowhere near sharp enough to cut through muscle and bone. I get that the show has to have a little dramatic license though...