"All That Cremains" Discussion **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Good old Hodges, never knows when to stop. :lol: That was funny.

That had to be my favorite part of this episode. :lol: Mostly due to the fact that I was thinking, poor Greg, no weapon so he has to stand in the background again and then I was like oh crap, they are heading his way. I totally did not expect him to whack those guys like that. Who needs a gun when you got a wooden board around. :lol:

Go figure Greg would volunteer to go back to the house to search for the "sex tapes". :lol:

Overall the story was okay. I really thought it was messed up that the little girl was so cold-hearted and did that to her own father. I just found it hard to believe that she did ALL of that on her own.

And I think it was silly that Ray never told anyone and still didn't really tell anyone until Nick at the end that he was not married to her anymore. Move on, man!

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Loved Nick and Hodges! :lol:

The personal stuff with Ray was fine, but I'm with GNRFan...why didn't he just tell them?

I suspected the daughter, but I still have a hard time thinking she was able to drag the body and get it into the tub, much less saw through bone with that razor wire.

Although I continue to love the consistent presence of Nick onscreen :) I have to say that the episode had a big void in it without Catherine OR Brass. :(

3. Dizzney

I missed Catherine, but how did I miss Brass not being in it?? It didn't even dawn on me until you mentioned it now. Well I think this was the first episode they shot after the holidays, so maybe those Marg and Paul had an extra week off.

4. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Nick must've heard about his over-talking last week - he was so fast getting Hodges out of there! :guffaw:

Greg was awesome at the crematorium! Who needs guns anyway?!

The girl reminded me a bit of Hannah, from The Unusual Suspect. So calm, and with such a warped sense of right and wrong.

Ray really seems to be in denial. He should've taken the ring off a long time ago. His wife's new husband thinking he'd remarried, and everyone at work thinking she was still his wife, then "my wife's getting married." :lol:

I didn't notice Brass wasn't there either. :confused: All these one-case episodes, we don't get to see enough of the detectives!

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I thought that too. I didn't know if she could have the strength to do that on her own. Seemed a bit far-fetched to me.

I know Marg/Cath isn't going to be in all the episodes, so I wasn't surprised she wasn't there.

I realized about halfway through that Brass wasn't there either and I was wondering where the heck he was.

6. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

Well, at least it got him out of the lab. :lol:

7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

If the episode was filmed after the holidays, Marg was still on vacation. She and her new boyfriend and her son were in St. Barts.

That explains why Catherine wasn't in this episode... I have yet to see. :lol:

8. Dizzney

Another thing is that little girl can't weight that much so how did she leave such big old bruises especially since she was wearing those knee pads?

9. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Decent episode. Nothing spectacular, but alright.

I had a feeling it was the daughter when she was introduced to us, but I'm with Dizz, how could a a girl her size inflict such bruising? Unless she laced him in the gut with her knees, I would say it would be rather difficult. And stuffing the ashes of her mother down her fathers throat? Just plain sick. Blah.

When Frankie and Nick were after the two guys, and they headed back in Greg's direction, I expected Greg to somehow improvise to stop the two punks....and that he did. The look on his face was good too. The "That's how you stop them" kinda look. :lol:

I noticed Brass missing from the episode before I realized Cath wasn't there.

Oh Hodges! *shakes head* What am I going to do with you? Will you ever learn? Good thing you had Nick to watch your mouth....and to drag you away before anything could really be said. And your tombstone?? It would probably read; "here lies David Hodges, who put his foot in his mouth one to many times." :lol:

10. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

Omg Greg was so awesome in this episode. I loved when he whacked the guys, but my FAVOURITE part was the look Nick gave him! It had so much meaning...it was like...'yeah way to go' but also 'did greg just do that?' and 'what's gotten into you?'. Just a great little character interaction. And Greg was so suave lol...

Also, I'm really liking the red-haired detective. I actually laughed out loud when she said 'Grosss'

I agree about the implausibility of the ending. Haven't they eliminated suspects many times before because they were average women who couldn't possibly have dragged a body somewhere? Limp bodies are heavy..

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  11. EmmaMay

EmmaMay Hit and Run

Hi, i'm new here! Just watched the episode and I absolutely loved Greg hitting those punks. Proof that being smart is just as, if not more, useful than having a weapon.

I kinda liked the episode..I thought the character interactions were good in this one.

12. EmmaMay

EmmaMay Hit and Run

Also..this might sound a little random..but did anyone think that when Greg was wearing those goggles he looked a bit like the lizard thing from Hellboy?

13. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Not bad. Enjoyed the peek into Ray's life... felt so bad for him. I have to agree, the look between Nick and Greg was priceless. I was so proud of Greg for doing that... He was just so calm and collected about it. I wondered why he hadn't followed them into the store room.

Got a giggle out of Greg and the sex tapes, too. So him!

I missed Brass, Catherine, and Vartann, though. That's really my only complaint!

Over all, great ep! Still loving this season!!!

14. LionsHeart

LionsHeart Lab Technician

I figured it was because he didn't have a gun with him.:) Though then Greg proved he doesn't need a gun to tame a suspect. :lol:

I think it was a pretty good episode. I was little afraid that it was going to be all about Ray, so it was nice to see Greg and Nick get some good scenes too.

15. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Welcome to the thread EmmaMay. The more the merrier to the discussions. :) But just a friendly little reminder, that you have up to 24 hours to edit or add to a post. That is unless someone else posts after you. If that is the case, then you can continue on as usual.