Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Except they would probably just replace it with another new show, rather then....

Thing is we don't know exactly what is in Pagets contract, or what went fully on in negotations. I am not saying Paget lied, so don't get me wrong, all I am saying is when you don't know speculation runs a muck. We know only what they [PB and TPTB] want us to know.

As to the character Ashley, I actually like her (and still don't see a real resemblance sorry maybe counsins) as to why they would bring her in, as a cadet, she had and has the experience with serial killers first hand, both sides, the family side of the killer, and the side of the family the killer has the affect on. As to why they are keeping her on, I am not sure how much of training was done. But also doing it this way makes her [the actress/character] expendable in the long run.

I will post my opinion of the spinoff in it's thread (though I know where you were going with using it).

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Since I'm on my laptop, I'm typing these thoughts as I'm watching.

Emily has a kitty named Sergio. :) He almost blends in with her clothes though LOL.

The ominous silent unknown caller.

Sunny Los Angeles. haha, first thing that popped in my head was "sunnydale" lol.

Cutting a piece of skin off the victims' feet? yikes.

He didn't like that she was a smoker. Lady, this is your lucky day, truly.

So he gasses them with methanol inside the cab. I was wondering why he shut the window on the first girl.

Garica: Taxi's are tracked more than Gaga's Twitter.
    Reid: What's that mean?
    :lol: That's so funny since MGG has a Twitter hehe.

Now Morgan's doing the press conference? Interesting.

"I hope you know what you just said cause you just lost me" LOL.

They got there just in time to save that girl.

Good eyes, Rossi. I didn't even see the cab there.

Wow, glad the guy died cause a trial would have been even more traumatic for that girl.

Uh oh someone left Emily a gift. That's usually a nice thing, but in this case, probably not.

Emily: thank you for being you.
    Reid: I don't know how to be anyone else.- LOL.

Her new cat? She must have gotten him from a shelter cause he's fully grown.

A purple flower? Oh wait... flashback.

"Kill me or arrest me, but I will not lay on the ground like a dog" - I don't know why, but that made me chuckle.

Are there subtitles when she's speaking in Russian? Cause I can't see them due to the weather thing running across the screen.

Anyone know what she said?

Oh whew! I was worried that the bad guy would have killed the cat. Thank goodness he didn't.

Is it just me or does the unsub in the preview look like the same actress who played the killer in the tea party episode?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  3. TylerDalton

TylerDalton Hit and Run

4. GregNickRyanFan

Someone asked one of the cast or crew on twitter about this.
    They said they were only shooting NEAR a cemetary and were just sitting there waiting for shoot time or something.

5. TylerDalton

TylerDalton Hit and Run

And you actually believe that? Look at how they are dressed.

6. GregNickRyanFan

I was just stating what the cast/crew member said, not my opinion. Frankly, I think we're getting mixed signals from the cast and crew. We have the above comment from one member and then we have comments like this:

that this will be more shocking than the episode titled "100" which was where Haley (Hotch's ex-wife) was killed and that "fans aren't ready for this episode". That sounds like Emily will die. But, they could just be trying to throw us off. They could have the team think she's dead and have a funeral for her, but she's really going into the witness protection program under a different name because of the dude from her Interpol past that is after her and her old team. I'm personally hoping for this because I'd rather they write her out in a way that she can return someday rather than kill her off permanently. I think permanently killing her off is very risky. Some fans have already quit watching due to the network execs firing AJ, but if they kill Paget's character, there will be even more unhappy fans and more that would quit watching and the ratings will suffer. I'm personally just keeping my fingers crossed for now lol.

Oh and there was also the comment from Rachel Nichols (Ashley Seaver) that Paget "exits the show with style". I'm not sure if killing her character off would be considered "exiting with style" or not lol.

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Last night's episode was ok. The case was original but at the same time hard to follow. He wanted to make candles out of them? The perfect scent? I just didn't quite get the unsub.

Now Emily's scenes were :eek:. Now that was interesting, and creepy, and had me anxious and nervous and in the edge of my bed. I thought the first scene was very well done and the tension was just right. Her setting the place up and then sitting with the gun was great. The last scene I too was worried sick they had killed the cat :lol:. I kept saying to my husband "I'm going to be so pissed if they killed the cat!". It's a great storyline with the huge downside that it's her exit storyline.

The pics really look like funeral pics. Ugh, we'll see what happens.

8. GregNickRyanFan

I think he was making perfume or something.

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Yep I believe what GNRF said. As to how their dressed... see spoiler box for my opinion on that.
    I just saw the three pics and honestly it looks like they are waiting for the scene to start. You can see the chairs for the casts in the back ground.

Besides if they are at a funeral, doesn't necessairly mean a character (ie main) it could be like in many eps, they are at the funeral to catch the unsub.

I have no clue if any of that is true or not in tag. besides it was the makeup artist who took the shots behind the scenes, what did she have to say about each of them....

Also anyone take notice that AJ went back to being a blonde?

From JM's Twitter
    Q: about AJ Returning to the show full time?
    A: As far as I know she is only doing one episode.

AJ & Goob

10. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

The episode was "influenced" by Perfume: Story of a Murderer and the CSI:NY taxi killer.

11. electra

electra Pathologist

Episode was OK.It was not that I did not liked it but it reminded me too much of the CSI NY case.Reid was his adorable dorky self.Another thing I liked was Emily storyline.I need to watch again,but was she working undercover or what? I want her to tell Morgan,Rossi or anyone about it.And I am really worried for her as well.I can not even look at the pictures!!

12. Meadowhawk

Meadowhawk Victim

I absolutely got the Perfume feel

13. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

So word is now that Paget has been offered a contract next season, but she can still attach herself to a pilot and opt out of her contract if a new show gets picked up. I'd go with the stable job if I was her, unless she wants to "stick it to the man".

14. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

A few words on

I have to admit cheering the abusive ex-boyfriend when he broke free and charged upstairs. And Emily, it's way past time to fill in the team about blast-from-the-past Doyle.

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I'm kind of annoyed that Hotch hasn't suspected that there is something wrong with Emily. At least it hasn't been presented to the audience. He is the boss, he always notices this kind of things, and Emily (as good as she might be putting up a front) it's still obvious there is something going on. Reed and Morgan both suspect. Oh and I'm waiting for Rossi to suspect too. He was there for her through the abortion thing and I would like them (Rossi and Hotch) to at least notice something is off. I guess I would've expected Hotch and Rossi to notice before Morgan and Reed.

The case was ok. The unsub was crazy and creepy. I actually thought she had killed Molly when she hit her with the car.