Grissom and Sara; #35 Forever Together, Never Apart

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by HellsBells, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

Hey guys. I haven't been on here in a long time. But I came back to say how excited I was about this episode. I had forgotten about CSI lately and i asked my roommate last night if Sara was in the episode and she said that it was all about Sara, so of course I had to watch it. This was the best episode that they have done in a long time and it is not about the case. We got to meet Grissom's mother how cool is that. I am just so excited! We also got to see Grissom. :)

2. Otie

Otie Hit and Run

Heh - I had actually sat there after the scene with Sara, Catherine and Hodges and found myself pondering if Sara's comment was somewhat directed at all the GSR fans.

Or even referencing some of the, uh, interesting fan fics that are out there.

Regardless... that whole scene STILL has me on the floor in tears laughing.

3. SA_Kate_937

SA_Kate_937 Police Officer

That scene absolutely killed me. I kept on thinking that Hodges is just totally, totally digging himself one enormous hole and Catherine handles the situation very well with her eventual, 'Isn't that your phone ringing down the hall?' and her reply to Sara which I can't quite remember, something like 'I'm sure you do.'

So classic and we finally get a GSR centred episode... sigh...

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yes, I wanted to ask Hodges "So how's that foot tasting?" LOL

I loved it, I didn't know it was coming, so it was a nice surprise. It got me into a bit of a GSR mood. And one of the recent novels helped even more. Skin Deep. I loved the teleconfrence with Grissom in it. Sara saying she did the filing and packing of what they were looking for in storage that might help with the case or it might have been buried forever. I believe it was Catherine says "I won't tell Grissom you said that."

The other recent one with Sara, Shock Treatment, has a few moments too.Sara is asked how she is about snakes and she goes "I'm married to Gil Grissom, I'm used to creepy crawlies"

Right now, if anyone has a great GSR paper, I'd love to add one or two to my rotator, so link me plz.

5. Otie

Otie Hit and Run

::chuckle:: Om nom nom, foot yummy? If I didn't know someone with an even WORSE case of foot-in-mouth than Hodges, I'd have found it unbelievable that he would keep digging THAT much deeper. I mean, really, you can only dig so far before you hit molten rock... and Hodges seemed to keep going past that. LOL

MacsGirlMel - How are the novels? I've been tempted to get them (I've got a graphic novel - Dying in the Gutters - that I found a couple months ago). Are the novels generally well done, in comparison with the way the shows are laid out... like does it have the same sort of feel as the shows, or does it feel sort of off?

I've also been wondering how the novels relate back to the show canon... and details with the GSR 'ship?

6. MacsGirlMel

Some of the more recent ones have some nice GSR, like what I just mentioned. The earlier ones understandably don't have as much. The one that came into the library today has some nice nods to Warrick too. As for how they're written, I'm not the best judge of that in the world, but they seem pretty good. (one of them also gave me some nice CatNip too *g*)

The one I have to kinda question is the manga, Intern At Your Own Risk. It's hard to keep track of who's who even though the story's good.

7. Otie

Otie Hit and Run

Oh... well that's good to know they're including some GSR in the recent ones. That right there will be reason enough to check them out.

CatNip... uh? I'm still getting used to the various terms. That one is Catherine and Nick, right? Where do the various names come from? The only one that REALLY makes sense to me is GSR (although obvious ones like Grillows and Sandles I get). I'm such a newb.

Ugh - The manga is like that too? Dying in the Gutters is, well... as my husband said he couldn't tell which of the bearded men were supposed to be Grissom, and I ended up with a BIG facepalm bruise from the way they drew Sara. Oy.

8. SA_Kate_937

SA_Kate_937 Police Officer

Ouch, I know. The graphic novels aren't the best... I have one of them that I wasn't too impressed with. But it's ok Otie, the names are confusing and the ship names are basically just names that fans come up with and the one that sounds the coolest sticks, there is nothing cool about mixing Grissom and Sara's names together, so GSR it was. :D

And the written novels are fabulous! I love them. Although I was super annoyed when Max Allan Collins stopped writing them and there is one with A LOT of GSR in it that is really badly written. And I would tell you which one it is but my books are on the other side of the country right now, boarding school, he he. But any of the books by Max Allan Collins are really worth a read and very true to the show and the characters. There is one novel where Grissom and Sara are at a conference where they get snowed in and have to solve a case which has some cute, innocent GSR references and has to be one of the most like the TV show references I have seen so far and it's a good book.

But, yes, they are totally worth a read! (But I'm an absolute CSI nut... :p ;) )

And as far as Hodges goes, it is so true about the whole, most people would have left much earlier but not Hodges, he just keeps on going. Haha. But we must remember that Grissom actually got slightly close to Grissom towards the end and consoled him a bit about the fact that Sara had left... So, Hodges isn't all bad... Although messing things up with Wendy was just stoooooopid.

Yes, that is my rant for the day, thanks all you GSR lovers. :)
    Kate.

9. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I think that was 'Cold Burn'. I haven't read another one since that one, but it sounds like I should. Nice to know that GSR is canon in the books, as well. And, thanks for the head's up, MacsGirlMe.

This is an excerpt from a radio interview that Jorja did recently, and was posted on JAA. This is how she describes GSR:

"Sara and Grissom are still very much in love and happily married. And you know, they were always two very, very independent souls who kind of always went where their hearts led them; and so I think that is a great thing about their relationship, that they can be together; and they're both people who have both wanted to do some really exotic, crazy things, and that they have the space in their relationship to allow each other to do that is really cool for me. I really like them as a couple, too."

The full interview and transcript can be found here:
    http://community.livejournal.com/jorjaallaround/

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  10. Otie

Otie Hit and Run

LOL - I dunno, Gridle, even though it's spelled wrong, kinda makes me hungry... but that might just be my strange love of Golden Griddle LMAO

Oh dear... snowed in? That right there sounds absolutely adorable... I think I *need* to get that one, like yesterday!

I rather enjoy Hodges lack of tact, and severe case of foot-in-mouth. His personality is fun, awkward and beyond socially inept. Kinda reminds me of my husband. :guffaw:

jtd94 - Ooo - I'm going to have to read that whole thing! Thanks for the link! It's interesting to see the actors thoughts on GSR. Adds a whole different perspective to it.

11. MacsGirlMel

*nod* That's the only CSI book we have left at the library where I work, aside from the guidebook. One got stolen and the other got a bit less than presentable and I snagged it on the delete. It's got some CatNip, so I had to LOL

BTW how is my new sig? I don't know if the letters can be read well or not. I love the song for them though. "I Will Aways Return" from the movie Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron.

Now I've learned it's true
    My every road leads to you
    And in the hour of darkness
    your light gets me through
    You run like the river, you shine like the sun
    you fly like the eagle 'cause you are the one
    I've seen every sunset and with all that I've learned
    it's to you I will always return.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  12. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

The ending of Cold Burn was good and really funny, I nearly died laughing :lol:

I haven't got any of the books in the past few years, I don't have time to read them, glad to hear they're still continuing GSR in the books

The last one I got was Nevada Rose by Jerome Preisler, it seems to take place during season 7, good GSR moments in there, and they don't exactly say it, but you can tell they're together

13. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I do love your sig, MacsGirlMe!
    I've never heard the song, but it sure seems to fit them. :adore:

Thanks for the head's up on Nevada Rose, sharp. I'm going to have to find that one. I also liked Cold Burn. :hugegrin:

It may be awhile before we get any more GSR on the show, so it's time to hit the books! If anyone has any other suggestions, please feel free to post. :)

ETA: This is a scan from the new TVGuide that talks about Grissom's return (thanks to ricker at YTDAW!).

[​IMG]

Click on the image for a larger view.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  14. MacsGirlMel

Late, but I saw that. I'm glad it was there :)

How do people look at something and see such different points of view? I just don't get all the people who're still saying there was no chemistry here. I think the fandom's still split like it was when GSR first broke :(

15. Otie

Otie Hit and Run

You read my mind there!

Though, at the same time, I can kind of appreciate just how people can look at things in completely different ways.

I always saw their chemistry as subtle. Chemistry in and of itself is not exactly something that can be quantified, or even really qualified. There's so many different forms of chemistry.

What always surprises me is the folks who are so certain that they're marriage couldn't work in reality because of the distance and time apart. Yes, distance does make things difficult, and yes, a lot of relationships cannot survive it. However, a lot of relationships CAN survive it, and even become stronger as a result (I may be biased from my own experiences though). I certainly believe that's the case with Grissom and Sara. The two of them were both shown from the start of the series to keep personal issues private. Being in a situation where physical proximity has been removed from the equation, the only option left is further build their emotional and mental connection via communication. That can result in an extremely strong bond. From what we could see in TTMG, I'd have to say that it's working well for them, and not against them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.