Ratings Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Desertwind, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

IMO they should've done a better job promoting Petersen coming back. I think the ratings would've been different.

ETA: Ok what Smokey wrote while I was typing too :lol:

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Well Dustin Abraham told me yesterday that "promoting it is not Billy's style. He's classy like that." Still, the show needs viewers. You need to promote something like this!

4. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

That says after a month of repeats... ? Wasn't the last new episode just two weeks ago? :confused: maybe I read that wrong, anyway... I hope rating pick up. I don't want any of the CSI franchise to lose more viewers.

5. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

The episode needed more promotion...I expected much better ratings for this one.

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Especially now that the show is on it's 12th season. The network is all about money and ratings so it's surprising for me that they would actually not promote something this big just because Billy asked for it. He's an executive producer and all but it's still :wtf:. I wouldn't think they would accept it. He is still Ex-Prod right?

7. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Well, WP was never into 'gimmicks', so I guess I'm not too surprised. (I often wonder what he thinks of Justin Bierber! LOL) Maybe it's small consolation, but I think the quality of the episode will speak for itself. Ratings aren't everything; just look at some excellent cable shows with barely a fifth of CSI's ratings. The networks are all about ratings, but I think Billy was more about quality.

I've seen posts on some other boards where people had no idea he was going to appear; and they wished they had known. Maybe the online viewing and dvr playback will increase with this one. Every show had a new episode last nite for Feb sweeps; and AI has changed the landscape of Thursdays somewhat by giving a strong lead in to Bones. CSI, on the other hand, has #*** My Dad Says, which is awful, IMO.

I know I'm biased as a Sara/GSR fan, so I'm very happy to see that almost everyone who saw it, whether they knew WP would be in it or not, or whether they were a Sara/GSR fan or not, seemed to have enjoyed it. I think it's an episode CSI, and Billy, can be proud of.

8. Ipstenu

Ipstenu Police Officer Premium Member

I wonder how much the ratings will change when they add in online viewing and DVR pick up? I mean, once everyone realizes Billy was in the episode, the numbers may change.

9. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I kinda expected around average ratings cause not many knew he'd be there

Yes A Kiss Before Frying aired 2 weeks ago and I wonder if their pattern of new ep, rerun, new ep, etc did any sort of damage to the ratings

I don't know, maybe their trying to keep him happy by giving him what he wants by not promoting it so then he'll want to make more guest appearances in the future

That is true, they do not have a strong lead in anymore, plus Bones as competition is probably not helping not to mention Idol is their lead in, I'll bet I'm also gonna see more and more 'I didn't know he was gonna be' or 'I might have watched if I had known' as the week goes by

10. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

I'm quite shocked at how low the ratings were. I figured they could easily up it but I guess with lack of promotion, no new episode last week, weather, etc I could go on lol.

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Here are the final numbers for T2MG:
    CSI
    - 13.976 million viewers
    - 8.4/13 HH
    - 3.0/8 A18-49

Bones
    - 10.197 million viewers
    - 5.9/9 HH
    - 3.3/9 A18-49

CSI's biggest competition might now be Bones. Before the AI lead in, Bones was averaging 9 million viewers, and a 2.7 demo.

12. Selphie

Selphie Hit and Run

I know CSI is in the same time slot as Greys has it always been up against Bones. CSI did win and it's a much older show.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Bones was on an hour earlier until American Idol started, so CSI wasn't competiting against Bones until recently.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I was a bit stunned as well, but after talking to family, friends and others no one even knew about this, so it was either bad press or no press at all about this on the advertising end of the spectrum. Or the hard-core Grissom fans don't care anymore. Out of sight sometimes means out of mind:(I thought it was fascinating, and revealing:bolian:

15. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Anyone notice that not only did WP not want Grissom's 'return' promoted but the only thing he was credited with was Executive Producer. He was not credited with 'Special Guest Star', ' Guest Star' or anything like that. Does this mean he wasn't officially in it even tho you see him on screen?

Susan