"A Kiss Before Frying" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jan 14, 2011.

1. kittydu

kittydu Hit and Run

@Desertwind : Thanks !! That means I'll watch it friday because in here the new season is not even started :p

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Your so welcome kittydu. So you guys over in Venezuela haven't started S/11 yet?

3. kittydu

kittydu Hit and Run

^ No in here we watch in AXN and still the new 11 season its not on ... Maybe next month... Right now I have to watch season 11 online :)

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WOW, You'll love it. The premiere "Shock Waves" is sensational, Nick is incredible.. and you get to see Justin Bieber:lol: all the episodes are so far awesome.. enjoy..:thumbsup:

5. kittydu

kittydu Hit and Run

^That's what I have been doing, all of them have been great!! I loved the one with the cat and the parrot !! I loved Sara and Greg XD

6. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

This was tweeted by Dita today:

"..Going to watch CSI tonight with Eric, Jorja and our friends tonight! I'm so nervous!!!!"

cute :)

7. kittydu

kittydu Hit and Run

^ awww that's sweet im sure she did a great job on that epi !! :)

8. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

It's nice to see that Eric and Jorja are still good friends outside of work. I can't wait myself. Ninety-five minutes and counting......:lol:

9. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Alright. Let me get this out of the way. I both liked and disliked this episode. It was great to get a Greg-centric episode, I enjoyed Von Teese, and I love noir. But something felt off...

I feel they pushed the noir angle too much. The tone fits with Greg's character, but I don't think it meshes well with the show - not for a whole episode at least. I get the formula, which would seem to work here: tired cop (or CSI) working the long shifts, no luck or opportunity with the ladies, meets an attractive, interested woman with a mystery and falls hard. Turns out she's a femme fatale and he has to choose, though he knows already what decision he'll make. This would seem to fit well with a crime drama show like CSI. To me though, it didn't.

The beginning of the episode was great. When 'Lodges' :)guffaw:) first introduces us to "Ellen", everything seemed to go well. There was chemistry between her and Greg (thanks in part to Eric and Dita being friends in real life, I'm sure). Their first date went well, I thought. Even her sneaking a peek at his files felt right. But then it went somewhere else. The music, Greg's shifty attitude, and the way the rest of the case played out just didn't flow with me. I feel it could have been executed better.

That being said, I also enjoyed this episode. I felt Von Teese did a great job. I wasn't holding any expectations so I wasn't hard to impress. I mainly liked her in the first half, before Greg begins to suspect her. She felt natural there.

Greg's fascination with her smell was pretty funny too. His last line was great.

And I'm still very happy that we got a Gregisode (and the implications that Greggo got laid. I was rooting for you to hit that, buddy!!)

Overall, an okay episode. I feel there was a lot of hype for this ep amongst the Greg fans, so maybe that might contribute to my mixed feelings.

Basically, I think we can blame Nick for this. He kept on Greg to call her. Yep. Nick's fault.

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

^ Duuuuuuude....oh no you didn't! :lol:

I have to agree with your assessment overall tho. The whole noir thing fell flat and the music was weirdly sappy.

Very odd to see a tour group getting to see open case photos of a dead body. :wtf: Not to mention some other things that I'm sure other people will bring up.

Lodges. :lol:

11. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I agree, Nick's fault. I definitely got a 'Hitchcock-ian' feel during this episode. It almost felt like Greg was shooting a scene from North by Northwest, or maybe Rear Window. I did enjoy the episode, but a large part of it didn't feel like CSI.

12. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Great episode, Greg time was superb!!!! :thumbsup: The case was a little boring, I mean we knew she was involved and all but that's alright

Good to see the writers haven't forgotten Greg and his old Vegas stuff, I was sooooooo hoping they'd mention his book again :(

I think DVT did a pretty good job acting despite what some critics said a few weeks ago, "I've loved you since Tuesday" :) she's certainly a manipulator

Lodges :lol: How did she come up with that one?

How did Ray know that it was an electric chair, good grief

Glad to see Catherine being supervisor sending Greg home when he was tired and going all momma at the end there :):lol: "Why do the bad ones smell so good"

So appearantly they did sleep together, just didn't show it or did I hear that correctly?? I so hoping to see a shirtless Greg :drool: When they didn't show it, I was thinking they were going to do like a Grissom and Lady Heather 'did they or did they not'

Hopefully I'll be able to rewatch this one tomorrow, my siblings were watching with me and they kept talking and the school closings info at the bottom of the screen was distracting :scream:

The guy being dead then alive at the end, I didn't jump, but my sister did, and later they guys stepping back when Doc checks his TOD :lol:

Dave at the beginning, "Well my work here is done, unless I see him again" or however he said it :lol:

I don't think Nick is gonna play matchmaker any time soon

13. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Nice try blaming Nick for this, but it was all Greg. Nick's fault was that he didn't realize that Greg was too immature to figure out when things went wrong.

Once Nick knew something fishy was going on he tried to warn Greg, but Greg refused to listen. Nick learned his lesson the hard way and, obviously, didn't want Greg to make the same mistake.

Everyone knew she was bad, except Greg. Greg did so many things wrong here that Catherine should have suspended him.

Takes a personal phone call while in the lab and making your boss wait. Having lunch with her in the lab and then discuss part of the case with her.

Personal phone calls at a crime scene? Leaving the scene of a crime. Not reporting said crime.

He totally brought that whole case in jeopardy. (Ok, they've all done that, but Greg's done this job long enough to know better)

He did right at the end, though, but he still should have gotten in trouble.

I agree, though, that the episode was off. The noir feel and history fit Greg, but it was off.

As for Dita I guess she did ok, but I could see was this boy (Greg) trying to be with an older woman (Dita). :lol:

But love can make you blind.

14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I enjoyed the episode very much, although I agree it didn't feel like a normal CSI episode but I think that was their point, somewhat.

I loved Hodges being called "Lodges". :lol:

I was glad to see Greg be suspicious of her once she looked at the folder. I would have been pissed if he wasn't. Shows he was at least smart enough to think something was off.

I felt so bad for him at the end, but at least he was aware he messed up and even asked if he was going to be suspended for it. Glad to see Catherine stand up for him and realized they all make mistakes at times.

:guffaw: Yeah at least he finally got some.
    Funny thing is, I was thinking the same thing. I mean he really was the one pushing Greg to go for her. :lol: But then he did tell him later to stay away so I guess that makes up for it. :p

All in all, I was thrilled to see Greg/Eric finally get a well deserved story on the show.:)

15. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

LODGES!!!!!!!!!! :D

Did anyone else notice Marg's hair? I was in love with it (& her outfit) all episode!

DVT did a good job. The first date went well. When she brought him food it was sweet but something started to feel weird. Then Greg caught her snooping in the file and I was like "I knew it!" lol

I gotta say it must've been the hype because I was highly anticipating this episode. It was very good but in the end I just felt horrible for Greg
    "Why do the bad ones smell so good?" :( awwww