Why Lindsay Must Go, Part 4

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 22, 2009.

1. ekwok888

ekwok888 Civilian

Hi, I'm new to this but I really need to say this:
    Why Lindsay Must Go is because she is so horribly UGLY!!! Look at that slab of repulsive hideous blob on her face that she calls her "nose"? Frankly, I believe TPTB has made television history by casting the UGLIEST actress in a prime time show as a romantic female lead! The only show that she should star in should be "The Elephant Woman".

If Lindsey were drop dead gorgeous we can all understand why Danny falls for her and acts the way he does, and we can forgive all her "disgusting" behavior.

If TPTB want to improve the ratings, they must get rid of this nauseating vile creature that makes the show unwatchable every time she's on.

This is my 2 cents and I apologize to anyone that think AB is beautiful.

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Let's stay away from insulting the actors for how they look. Thanks.

3. CSIRufus

CSIRufus Victim

This is so stupid, 4 threads about this. She is a great character okay, did you see her performance in the 34th floor in the first scene? :)

4. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

No, because as soon as she appears on screen, I start yawning and suppress the urge to fall asleep :lol: I gotta tell you, she is more effective than a sleeping pill.

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Why would you bump a thread that's been dormant for over a month to just post this? Borderline trolling--don't do it again. Everyone is entitled to their opinion here, whether they like a character or not.

Back on topic, there's probably a lot to discuss from the below article in this thread ;) :

The whole playing herself thing is kind of absurd. Like I said in the other thread, that's not what acting is.

6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yeah i said similar elsewhere too - if she's just being herself, she's not a natural actress, she's not an actress at all!

7. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

It doesn't take much to realize that she isn't even close to being an actress. I do wonder how many people would like the character "Lindsay" if she hasn't been involved with Danny or if there wasn't this whole story line going on between them. In my opinion, Anna would be pretty lost without the talented and mesmerizing Carmine by her side. She contributes absolutely nothing to the show!

8. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ i'm not convinced, i (and i believe i'm not alone) found lindsay much more likeable in season 2, before there was anything going on with danny. in fact it was the joining of her to danny at the hip that made her go downhill fast. in s2 she was far from perfect and not as good as aiden, but wasn't too bad, she had a nice dynamic with mac which went a long way. it looks like they're trying to regain that - the last ep definitely felt like s2 in some ways, especially with her and mac doing experiments together (which sounds so wrong) but it's too little too late i think.

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

It was pointed out in the Anna/Lindsay thread that all the characters have aspects of the actors' lives and personalities in them. But with Lindsay and Anna it's different. Lindsay is the one character who is supposed to be almost nothing like the actress, yet Anna chooses to play herself. As we've said before, that shows either a lack of talent and/or lack of a grasp of the character and maybe even a lack of give a damn on Anna's part and it's insulting to everyone else on the show and everyone who watches the show.

10. byline

byline CSI Level One

Interesting. Until I read this interview, I never would've said she was playing herself because that's a presumption we can't make if we don't know her personally. But to have her mother say it -- not once, but twice -- in an interview at least raises that doubt. I have to wonder if Anna really wishes her mother hadn't said that. He mother might not fully understand what acting is, but she does ... or, at least, she knows what it's supposed to be.

11. PerfectAnomaly

Your mother usually knows you better than almost any other person on the planet, so if her mom is saying she's playing herself I think that speaks volumes. To me that says Anna is the one who doesn't fully understand what acting is or knows what it's supposed to be.

12. MS1213

MS1213 Hit and Run

I'm sure, I'll be called a troll too. But how come nothing was said when this thread was brought up after 12 months a few months ago?

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

It's one thing to bump it to post content--an argument for or against the topic of the thread. But just to call the thread stupid seems isn't really contributing anything to the conversation.

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

ha, maybe on YOUR planet!!!!!:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

15. PerfectAnomaly

Obviously there are instances where that isn't true, but I'm assuming if she has a good relationship with her mother - which it appears they do - he mother would be the one to know if she's playing herself.