Eva/Natalia #3: More of the Beautiful Compassionate Bionic Woman!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

I third that motion, Keep up the Nat scenes, they're awesome. Even in MMIH, she was rocking it. Nice to see her like a CSI now rather than a lab tech like previous seasons. If theres a character that has developed so greatly over the seasons, it's her!

With all these spoilers and gasp-worthy theories, I'm dying to see 9.15!!! Can't wait for news on it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make a pact to post asap guys? *puts hand in*

2. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Sure but now I am getting worried because I am not getting any more info!!! I hate to have high hopes then its nothing. :scream:

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

More info won't likely come until later anyway - they still have 4 more episodes to air before then (but from what I understand they are filming this episode at the moment, so maybe some BTS pics will sneak up soon).

I'm actually content with the amount we have (for now). With the 'Sleepless' episode, there was so much hype we saw almost all the good stuff before the episode even aired. I wasn't disappointed, but they could've held back a little & saved some of the shock moments for airtime.
    So, all in all, I don't want to be too spoiled this time. Give me an interesting press release, some promo shots, and maybe a little more detail....but that's it (note: this doesn't mean I can resist them if they do come out *holds head in shame*).

As for the possibility of it being "nothing" -- anything Natalia is good for me. So whether or not this incident will soak up the entire hour, or have a quick & painless conclusion (in other words, lame)....I still believe that these events are all going to add up to something bigger. My sniffer says something is a comin'!

Onto the present ....
    How awesome was she in the latest episode :cool: For being Natalia non-centric, it was quite a treat for us. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed seeing her spread out from the crime scene to the morgue, to questioning....just awesome, I love seeing this kind of progression! Not to mention she had some great lines, and the shared laugh/interaction between her & Horatio was a total bonus (a fine example of 2 leads if you ask me).

I have to say, after watching that episode, TPTB better not do a 180 on her --she's come too far at this point. It would be taking her backwards if she were to return to constant lab-mode. It isn't where she belongs, & the proof is especially seen in this last episode.

4. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I hope our info will come soon. I don't want to be spoil too much either but I do want to have a feeling whether it will be a big or just a small thing, so at least I can guess what will be going on. But knowing TPTB, I will be reserved about it.

I also hope your sniffer is right about something bigger is going to happen!!! Please, please, please! They also can't just leave it hanging. :scream:

Exactly! Proof had been seen long time ago though.

5. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I agree with you, MJ. Seems to be a running theme with them and I'm wondering if it's anxiety about the ratings slipping. What they apparently don't realize is when a viewer (whether they are a committed or casual viewer) see promos that get them excited about watching the show and then watch and realize the promos were actually the best part of the show ... it's a let down. While committed viewers hang in there, the casual viewer is going to see it as a lame attempt to pull them in and most probably walk away shaking their heads at TPTB thinking they are that dumb.

Definitely! I will take any Natalia I can get! I hoping your right, MJ, and all of these Natalia "moments" are adding up to something much bigger for our girl. :)

I know I've said it before, but I think Horatio and Natalia look and interact wonderfully together (in a non-shipper way!) and would be outstanding as leads if Eva were placed in that position. The palpable stress between the male and female lead actors on this show has been evident for the past 3 seasons and it has adversely affected the storylines and the show as a whole.

Horatio looks comfortable and more at ease with Natalia than any other person we've seen him interact with. He didn't even look that comfortable with Yelina (probably the relationship issues between the two. That said, Horatio and Yelina had the best "eye-sex" I've EVER seen!:guffaw:)

I think if they were to do a 180 with Natalia and Ryan, and go back to where we were with two characters and their relationship being the focus of the show, that would be it for me. There is nothing there for me with that storyline and I'm just tired of the jerking around fans keep getting with that.

I've gotten much more excited about this show this season then I have been in the last 4 years. People with real talent, who have been too long in the background, are finally stepping out to be recognized for their abilities and I'm LOVIN' it! :thumbsup:

6. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

I agree with you 1000000000000000%, Natalia/Eva have come too far and suffered through enough plot-droughts in previous seasons, not to mention barely any screen time (clearly shown in season 6,7& some of 8)

But I have high hopes for this episode, regardless if too much is given away in a spoiler. A Nat-centric is a Nat-centric in my mind, aslong as the plots good and Eva gets her chance to shine (like she always does) then I'm happy :thumbsup:

7. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

Can we count how many scenes Natalia had tonight?! I think she was in about every scene except 3 or 4! This season just keeps getting better! Besides white I love that green color on her. It goes good with her skin and hair color. She's just beautiful! That girl was quite annoying to me that came in to help her with the clothes. I did love, love, love when her and Eric had the "thong" scene. I loved what she said and her facial expression! It was priceless. And was it just me or did she look like she was punching that thing in the next episode? Can't wait for next weeks episode!!! I just love Miami this season! Partially cause Nat is finally getting the screentime she deserves. Keep Natalia coming! 2 :thumbsup: from me for this episode! :)

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Yes, we had wonderful Natalia-time again tonight! Loved the episode....loving this season! Finally, TPTB are using thier heads. :thumbsup:

Yes, I do believe I saw her punching the body bag. I can't wait to see that. :p
    I also think I saw her in the audience of the roller derby, if I'm not mistaken. She was clapping & smiling...looks like someone, or the others, are there as well. I think it'll be a fun episode to watch. Lookin' forward to it. :cool:

9. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Thanks for the early heads-ups on the episode, BD! :)

Eva/Natalia is awesome!! She is really living up to every scene she is getting. :thumbsup:This is truly where she belongs and she is such a joy to watch and you can see she is really enjoying herself too.

I wonder why she is a 'study' at the academy? She so funny 'Is this bad, good...?' Lol! But excellent scene!

Did you also noticed she was being all gutsy when apprehending that young dude? Scene was short but she made it noticeable.

ETA: ~ Oh and I saw a similar case before on some documentary, except the one who died was the young man who was shot by the older guy and the former died without knowing that the female was an older woman. Shocking, really. ~

Yes, good to know TPTB are using their heads. ;)

I also love these surprises, I mean we don't get to know whether she is in the episode a lot or not but this is good. Now I don't mind if we get lesser spoilers for 9.15 if we are in for a HUGE surprise, of course not getting any high hopes.

If you guys never mentioned it, I would have totally missed the part where she was slamming against the dummy. Had to re-watch to see it! Oh yes, she was in the audience for sure, you can't miss her smile. :D

And I heard it will be a loooooooooong wait till 9.15!!! :(

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  10. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

Greetings good people!
    I am going to keep this short and sweet. IMHO, this F-T-F epi was one, probably the best, epi of the season so far. I can be hard when I critique and epi, but this one was excellent!
    Lots and lots of Natalia out in front. It was great to see that. She did great and she looked great. Green suits her for a color. Maybe we'll see that more often. Like many of you have said, she's finally getting some serious amounts of screentime. Now all they have to do is crank it up a little! If I am not mistaken there was talk of an upcoming epi where Natalia actually gets into some sort of fight? This is gonna be great!

11. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

I am surprised no one mentioned about her being a study, I thought it was random yet odd. Why would she be one and does she even know it? Maybe it is nothing and just a way to bring in that new lab tech, since they were also talking about Travers' adventures out of the blue, haha. :confused:

Hmm, maybe the punching dummy scene in the promo is a training for Natalia to fight? Hehe! :p

Keep Natalia coming!

12. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

I found that scene very odd in general. lol I mean they bring up two things we didn't know about? Very odd. But at least we know what Travers has been up too! ;) I don't think she knew about the study cause of her reaction. I wonder what they were studying though???? Kinda interesting. I can't wait to see that punching scene! I can just see her flying off of that thing and onto the floor. Cause she's tiny and that thing is hard and it doesn't move! But I know she's strong. Does she hit the dummy with her shoulder that got popped out of place? I also wonder what they were doing at the roller derby in the first place. It was her, Ryan, and Walter. They looked like they were enjoying the time together though. I just find it odd. That episode looks like it's gonna be a good one though! And nooooo to the long wait for 9.15 :( I was hoping it would come fast!!! Do we know why there's a long wait?? I second keep Natalia coming!!!! I love it!!! :)

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I thought it was kinda cool though....Natalia being "studied" ... it makes her look like a bigwig. She may not be on the highest CSI level, but she's gone from the FBI, to heading a cold case project, to being a CSI. Add in her being considered an expert in DNA & a grant writer....she's got alot under her belt.

:lol::lol: I don't think she'll fall.

She uses both her elbows. The first slam is w/ her left elbow, then in another spot of the dummy's backside with her right elbow (yeah, I paused it :eek:)
    It's probably part of the case; recreating the attack on the victim.

14. Michya

Michya Lab Technician

Lol, I would love to see her flying off onto the floor and I can imagine it happening. :lol:

Interesting thought about her broken shoulder because whether she uses her shoulder or elbow, she could still her herself if she isn't careful.

I think they were all hanging out as colleagues after they closed this case. Someone mentioned Tom and Dave were also there, so it is good that they are being included too.

I am proud of our girl!

I would love to 'study' Natalia (don't know how it works)! Anybody wanna join? Hehe! :lol:

15. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

Greetings good people!
    I think I spotted one mistake in this last "F-T-T" episode, albeit small but important one none the less.
    In the epi when Nat found the "unmentionable" in one of the victim's pant pockets, they made a bet of magaritas.
    The bet should have been made with Midouri cocktails!!
    I trust everyone hasn't forgotten!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.