The Last Movie You Saw - Thread 4

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by SunsetBoulevard, May 4, 2010.

1. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

Last film I watched was Raging Phoenix. It's a Thai film that incorporates many styles of fighting (Muay Thai, Drunken Master etc.) and mixes it with dance; the result really is spectacular. Plus the storyline is very emotional, with a touch of romance that managed to keep from being too soppy. It's one of my favourites I've watched this year :D

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It's Alive - Very very weird movie.
    A woman has a baby by c-section (because even though she's only six months pregnant, the baby has supposedly doubled in size), she's out of it basically cause of the meds and all. There are two docs and two nurses in the room with her. They deliver her son, say he looks fine... then a little bit later another hopsital employee finds the operating room all bloody. The two docs and nurses are dead. The mother is out of it and the baby is lying on her belly. The baby's father has been in the waiting room through the entire operation. The cops are baffled as to how someone got in there and killed the docs and nurses without anyone having seen a thing.

The parents take the baby home and strange things start to occur, only the mother notices it at first. She finds several dead animals in the baby's crib and he'd been eating on them. She also finds some people (who have visited her) dead as well. She's heavy in denial about what her child is throughout the whole movie.

Eventually she breaks down and tells her husband that when she first found out she was pregnant, she was scared and worried about losing everything she'd worked for (she was in college) and her friend talked her into getting these pills off the internet that make you have a miscarriage. She took the pills and got really sick, but soon discovered she was still pregnant, so she decided to keep the baby after all. I guess the writers wanted the audience to believe that these mystery pills that the woman got from the internet are what caused the baby to become violent and basically monsterous (although the majority of the time it looked perfectly normal). The baby's father soon realizes what's going on and tries to put a stop to his son's killing spree.

3. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

Role Models- Funny Movie.
    The Midnight Meat Train- Brutal as hell. Might not sound like that when reading about it on paper, but seeing it is a whole different ball-game.

4. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Plan 9 From Outer Space. So bad it was still bad...but funny.

5. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I watched:

The Town (RIP Pete Postlewaite! :sad: ) and it was decent. I'm not sure it deserved the raves it got, but it was still good. The performances were all really good though.

True Grit was quite good. It wasn't as great as I expected, but Jeff Bridges, as always, was amazing, and the Coen Brothers always manager to thoroughly conjure up the ambiance and mood of a place, and this time was no exception.

6. Washington Pride

Washington Pride Rookie

I watch "True Grit" over Christmas break. It was good, but I liked the ending to the original better.

7. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

The Box with Cameron Diaz and James Marsden. Sooo what was that? Who is contoling the lightenings? Aliens from Mars? What was the point of the whole test? Confusing but interesting. I guess.:cardie:

8. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

Due date - zach galifianakis from the hangover was so funny an this movie

9. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Lost In Trasnlation - I know the critics gave it rave reviews but I found it to be one of the worst movies I've seen in a long time.

10. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i have recently become obsessed with The Thin Man movies and any other movie that Myrna Loy and William Powell starred in. i have watched the first three Thin Man movies and love them. the first movie is a panic. Nick and Nora Charles are two of the best movie characters ever.

Black Swan- uh what can i saw about it... it was interesting and different which was great because i didn't know what to expect. some of the scene were a bit too much but other than those few scenes the movie was good.

Killers- cute movie. Katherine Heigl and Ashton Kutcher were adorable and outrageously sexy together. the plot was good and some of the scenes were really funny. is it weird that i liked the cool colors of the movie? haha

Auntie Mame- eh it was alright. i love Rosalind Russell in this movie she was perfect.

The Great Dictator- Charlie Chaplin's first talking picture. this is one of the greatest movies i have ever seen. it was so moving it was both funny and dramatic at the same time without going over the top. go on youtube and look up Charlie Chaplin's speech from the end of the movie it is possibly one of the greatest scenes and greatest bit of dialogue ever.

11. ModernDayDrifter

ModernDayDrifter Lab Technician

MakeTracksCowboy, Im kinda sad you didnt like Aunti Mame. Its been years since I've seen it but I think its adorable,but then again Im a sucker for classic comedy ;)

Last movie I saw was The Tourist. Overall opinion really good. Had interesting twists and turns deffinatly kept you guessing. However there were a few details I felt they overlooked, and made pieces of the movie kinda confusing.

12. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I've recently rewatched two movies that I watched over and over when I was younger; Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat Annihilation.

I'll admit that when I was younger I loved the films, but as I have grown up I have realized that they have seriously messed up the characters in the sequel :rolleyes: They think a die hard fan of the video game series is going to not realize that they're messing the characters up ie making black characters Asian and having Scorpion saying more than "Get Over Here." I don't think the word "Suckers" is in his vocabulary, the sequel was an epic fail. I can not believe that I actually used to call this film a favorite when I was young.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I watched two shark movies from the syfy channel the other day. I think the first one was maybe Malibu Shark Attack? I can't quite remember the title... but there was a tsunami and goblin sharks
    and they were attacking lifeguards who were hiding inside a lifeguard hut that was quickly filling with water... and also were attacking the crew of an unfinished building.
    It wasn't a terrible movie for the type of movie it was, but it's nothing I'd watch a second time. I don't think I've ever seen any of the people in it before. One thing that annoyed me about it was the little love triangle within the movie.
    the triangle was a woman who couldn't decide between her new boyfriend (the architect/construction guy) and her ex boyfriend (the lifeguard). Toward the end it seemed like she had chosen, but at the very end, both guys were fighting over her and she asked them how they were with sharing their toys... which sounded to me like she hadn't made a decision after all.

The second one was a four hour long movie called Shark Swarm. John Schneider, Roark Critchlow and Darryl Hannah starred in it. John and Roark played brothers and Darryl played John's wife. Heather McComb was an EPA agent. Armand Assante (I think that's his name) was a professor. Elisa Donovan had a small part, she worked in a bar/restaurant. It wasn't just one species of shark that was attacking people, it was many. Great whites and hammerheads included.
    This rich guy comes to this little fishing town and wants to develop property there. He puts a poison in the water that kills most of the fish so that he can get the fishermen to sell him their property. Long story short, the chemical they put in the water changes the sharks' behaviors and they attack people in swarms.
    It was a fairly decent movie although the last few minutes seemed kind of pointless, but I guess they were trying to show us that life goes on or whatever.

The only thing is that in one or both of the movies, "blood" and/or water would get on the camera and that was kind of distracting lol.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  14. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

Ugh, I agree Teddy, the first movie was good but the sequel is just painful to watch :rolleyes:

Recently watched some movie called Airheads. It had Brendan Fraser and Steve Buscemi, and overall I thought it was a pretty funny spoof of the music industry. I think it's definitely one to watch if you want an easy laugh.

15. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

Idiocracy: The movie shows an "interesting" vision of the human future... and definitely - sadly - an imaginable one.