CSI:NY Season 7 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Solitaire, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

So, its that time of year again :) Hopefully 5 wont mess around with the times too much.
    Except the info about Stella, I have avoided all spoilers.
    I enjoyed last nights epi. Although I have always liked Stella, and I didnt like the fact that she didnt have a proper exit, I think I am going to like the new character, Jo. Her scenes with Adam were a little annoying but she seemed to have good chemistry with the rest of the team.
    I am hoping that Lindsay's angsty storyline disappears rather fast. I dont mind Lindsay, but I think that dreadful 'deep dark secret' storyline from a few seasons ago proved that the actress is not very adept at that kind of drama storyline. She did ok in last nights epi, I will give her that. But now it can stop.
    So, what did anyone else think?

2. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I had already seen this episode online, but I totally forgot about Sean MacGuire being in it, ha - his acting is so much better than his singing career.

Overall, I though it was an OK episode and a good introduction for Jo - I really like her, more than Stella I think.

3. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

haha I'd forgotten about that too. seeing off grange hill/aidan off easties in mac's interrogation room was just weird!

4. lal

lal Pathologist

I thought i recognise him :)
    overall i thought it was a good episode , i like the bit when Jo freaked Adam out .

5. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Yeah. it was pretty strange seeing Sean MacGuire there. Did the voice over person at the end get confused and say something about him being in Neighbours? Maybe they arent allowed to mention Eastenders on 5, they have to plug there own soaps!

Getting back to the episode. One thing that did annoy me was when Flack told Danny it was his turn to chase the bad guy, and he promptly jumped off a balcony. Not really a good idea for some one who not too long ago was in a wheelchair and may never walk again! They seem to have forgotten that fact completely.

6. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi i notice that as well .

7. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

yep, that scene didn't go down well when it aired in the us either, if i remember right, i think a lot of people said then that it was ridiculous that he'd expect danny to do that so soon after his injury.

8. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Yeah. It was stupid that Flack would suggest Danny jump the balcony and even stupider that Danny would actually do it. I never liked the Danny in a wheelchair story, and this is one of the reasons why- he seemed to miraculously heal and so what was the point of the storyline. It did nothing for character development.

9. CSIRufus

CSIRufus Victim

Well I personally thought it was amazing! The first scene was awesome, he deserved to die! Jo seems cool, but I loved Stella :/

10. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

There was not enough proper police work and too much reliance on computers in this case for my liking. But, that being said I did enjoy it. I loved the fact that Adam was front and centre and that he had some good, emotional material to work off of. Adam is a great character but too often he is used as the comedy element. So it was fab to see a different side to him. I would have thought Mac would have been harsher with him for hacking that computer, but maybe he is mellowing a bit.
    I thought it was sweet at the end, when Adam was upset and the boys came in and kinda cheered him up with there Jedi impressions.
    One thing I didnt like was that there was alot of jo. I know they have to try and introduce the character but I wish it wasnt so full on. Im not sure about her yet, I didnt like the scene where she was going on to that suspect about his swallowing. It dragged on too long. Maybe I just need to get used to her, because I did really like Stella.
    New York does like its technology episodes. First that second life thing and now this!

11. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi i thought this episode was good , i thought the storyline with Adam was good , i like the bit when Danny and Hawkes were trying to cheer him up with their Jedi Impressions :) i also thought Flack look very hot in this episode :drool: I'm still not to sure about Jo yet .

12. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

I wasn't sold on Jo until she showed NYC to the Marine. That got me a bit emotional. I do like her but she is a bit of a know-all! Not saying that's a bad thing but it's a bit too much at times for me.

The Adam storyline was good and I enjoyed Hawkes and Danny teasing him at the end.

The Danny/Lindsay interaction about Lucy not being allowed near a computer was cute -- Danny does the protective Dad role well!

13. makkem

makkem Hit and Run

Jo is starting to grow on me but I miss Stella.

Perhaps the could bring back Vanessa Ferlito as Aiden's identical sister?

14. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I also miss Stella, but I think that Jo will probably grow on me.
    Another good episode, last Saturday. Lots of twists and a good plot.
    Both me and my Mum were convinced taht the son was the attacker, because 'Mac is never wrong' so we were very pleasantly surprised when it turned out the son wasnt the killer. It made Mac seem more human, especially when he went to the hospital at the end.
    Sid's reaction to Jo was rather wierd, I didnt get what that was about. But other than that, another good episode!

15. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

I was a little so-so about this weeks episode. Whilst I liked the fact it wasn't immediately obvious who the killer was, the rest of the episode was just a bit lackluster. It didn't really excite or intrigue me.