If you could pick your own CSI:NY dream team who would it be?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by PHANTOMERIK, Jan 4, 2011.

1. PHANTOMERIK

PHANTOMERIK Dead on Arrival

Happy New Year everybody, I was watching a few of the older episodes of CSI:NY recently and the thought came to me if I could pick my own team who would it be? So here is my pick lets see if you agree all the usual rules apply.

1: Mac (obviously a CSI:NY without everyone's favourite ex-marine is unthinkable) he's the guy you would want looking after you if you were in trouble. Kind, honnest, honourable and brave plus he fills out thoose black t-shirts of his too perfection. Right from the pilot episode he and Stella were and always will be the perfect double act with enough chemistry between them to light up Northen America and Canada combined for centuries.

2: Stella (again an obvious one) not only the perfect partner for Mac both in business and romantically but a woman of mystery too.Does anyone else remember the second episode of S1 when she took a shower mid case something that was never explained or repeated and was definately out of character for such an experienced investigator. Then there is her mother how exactly did she die? Was it an accident or was it something more sinister? We didn't even get her name did we and further more who is or was Stella's father? If it was Professor P why did he never tell her and why did he leave her in foster care so long? All these questions remain unanswered and many more it's one of the great tragedies of S6 that instead of exploring Stella's background more thoroughly we were give nauseating one night stands and idiotic love triangle story lines.

3. Aiden the late great Aiden Byrne is a long standing favourite of mine I loved how she interacted with Mac, Stella and Danny in particular. She had a brilliant sparring partnership with Danny that never failed to amuse I know Lindsay is very popular but she always comes over as wet to me something Aiden never was. I also liked how Mac and Stella took her under their collective wings particularly Mac as he showed her the tricks of the trade and took an almost fatherly pride in her accomplishments.I would like to have seen the character grow the way Danny as over the years she would have been outstanding I'm sure.

4. Flack the king of the quips, the day he can't think of some sharp retort at a crime scene is the day he should hand in his badge. I love how he's best (male) friend and confident to Mac and a sort of brother type for Stella (remember how he looked out for her during the whole Frankie thing for example.) Then there was his relationship with Jess which was a dellight to watch from start to finish something you really can't say about any aspect of CSI:NY sadly nowadays.

5. Angell, why Angell was killed off is beyond me and I'm not the only one not by a long shot, since not one single storyline in the following two seasons are even remotely worthy of her sacrifice. if anyone deserved a fulltime, perminant contract on the show I would have thought it was this actress after Stella arguably the most popular female character I would say.As already stated her relationship with Flack was perfectly written lets face it there arn't many women who can out Flack Flack are there? I loved her miscievous sense of humour and the partnership she formed with Stella the Cagney and Lacey of CSI:NY and an inspired idea.

6. Sid every crime show needs it's quirky pathologist NCIS has it's Ducky (incidentally TPTB you need look no further for a world class example of creating a long running show millions of people still watch without becoming boring or turning into a soap opera) Law & Order it's Rogers and so CSI:NY as Sid. The fatherly interest he shows in his colleagues, the sound advice he dispenses, the quiet way he as of putting sombody in their place and the obvious fun he has at work not to mention those glasses of his who could ask for more.

7. Hawkes my final pick is Hawkes as a character he is badly under used the man as a medical degree and is a certified genius yet Adam gets a better press. I hope this love interest works out althought no substitute for Smacked nothing ever could be but i'd love to see Hawkes character develop we know he had a sister does he have nephews or nieces for example.

So there it is folks my dream team I'll give Danny an honourable mention because of his earlier pre-Lindsay episodes and I do like the idea of him maturing to become the man Mac always said he could be but I'm afraid the whole Lindsay thing rather ruins the character for me. I never really saw much chemistry between them myself and since TPTB married them off it's like they haven't got a clue what to do with either of them. Lets see how you pick, have fun and remember this is a family board.

2. MoonyGirl

MoonyGirl Pathologist

My dream team would definitely include Mac (1st choice ALWAYS! <3), Stella, Sid, Hawkes....erm okay I give up cause I really gonna list every character of CSI:NY! :lol: Danny, Flack, Lindsay and Adam of course! :D All the main characters basically just cause all of them have their own streights and all complete each other making them the best team EVER! :)

The reasons are pretty much the same as you already mentioned. I agree with you. ;)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  3. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

My dream team

Mac-just because

Stella- My favorite:adore:

Adam- Because Stella slept with him:drool::drool: and I thought they would have been wonderful together

Sid- just because he is Sid

4. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

Mac- He's the leader and the heart, best paired with Stella
    Stella- The Soul of the team, best paired with Mac
    Flack - Excellent comic relief, best paired with Angell or Danny
    Adam - Adorable ,geeky and a loveable lab rat
    Sid - Creepy, compassionate and a great M.E
    Hawkes - one of my faves. He deserves a love interest, so thank heavens that he's getting one.
    Danny( Pre Lindsay)- Good detective , What happened TPTB? Why did you have to ruin this character by pairing him with somebody who clearly offers no contrast to him.
    Angell- Great detective, fine if paired with Flack or Stella
    Aiden- fine if paired with Danny, Flack or Stella , I thought that she and Danny were better suited to each other than he and Lindsay.

5. Wyntre

Wyntre Civilian

All the original crew...pre-Jo

6. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

The entire CSI Crew.

I would probably remove Lindsay and instead have Aiden, Angell, and yes, EVEN Jo on the crew, WITH Stella as well. :)

Mac would then retire and Stella becomes head CSI. :D That's my way of the show evolving or how it should've. :)

7. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

That's easy. My three favorite New Yorkers, of course.

-Flack
    -Danny
    -Aiden

I also like Sid and Adam contributes funny moments. Not to forget beautiful Angell and Mac. That's it. My favorite dream team and I'm sure I'd enjoy watching every single episode no matter how ridiculous the story lines or how big the plot holes.

8. pdegan2814

pdegan2814 Dead on Arrival

for my NY dream team, let's see...

Mac & Jo, definitely. They make a fantastic team. Adam, for sure. Between Lindsay, Danny & Hawkes, I'd probably just take Hawkes. I'm not as enamored with Danny as most fans. I'd also leave Stella & Aiden off the list. I didn't dislike either of them, but I don't really miss Stella, and I only missed Aiden because Lindsay was a very inferior replacement.

For an M.E., I'd probably take Sid, although I really liked Peyton when she was on the show. For cops, definitely both Flack and Angell, I really miss her.

And one more choice that hasn't been mentioned yet. I would bring in Quinn Shelby, the redhead from NJ who helped out on the Cabbie Killer case. She was a good guest star, and I'm always a sucker for a beautiful redhead. :) Plus, I've like the actress who played her(Kristen Dalton) ever since she was on Dead Zone, and wish she'd get another regular tv gig.

9. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

GREAT THREAD by the way!:thumbsup:
    My picks would have to be pre Lindsey and ad Sid Adam and Angel:)
    Mac and Stella cant be beat!:thumbsup: As Melina once said she is the ying to his yang!:luvlove: And Danny and Aiden I loved them together. :cool: Danny bending the rules just enough and Aiden covering his butt but not liking it!:lol: They were both so NY too. Wasnt Aiden from Brooklyn? Flack with Angel I just loved them together. I can still see those blue eyes and red face as Flack was "bustin out his game on her" ugh who was the faulty brainwave that let Emanuelle get away any way.:rolleyes: And then Hawkes with that sweet girlfriend from his past forgot her name Kyra? Then add Adam he was cute with Kendall especially when Adam was doing the diet thing!:lol: But Kendall as a recurring role only:). And dear Sid how I love Sid. So much can be done with him:thumbsup::lol: Well PHANTOMERICK I think your introduction of the characters pretty much summed up how I feel about them and agree with your choices:thumbsup: Thank you so much for bringing a smile to my face with all the good memories...Gee I miss CSINY:(

10. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

I'm with you Naughty or Nice. With Melina saying that Stella was the yin to Mac's yang, that she abruptly left CSI:NY like that, it's like MK has become somebody I no longer recognize. I miss Stella Bonasera so much, on a scale I haven't felt since yearning for Carmen Sandiego as depicted on "Where on Earth Carmen Sandiego" from nearly 17 years earlier when that show ended in 1996. I will never understand why MK did this. Never will. :brickwall:

11. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

mine wouid be mac. and that's all ;)

more seriously tho, if i had to have more than just mac... erm...

it'd be mac, aiden, jo, sid and flack.

12. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Danny and Flack jumping from roof to roof hunting down the bad guys!!!!:)

13. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

Mac
    Danny
    Flack
    Angell
    Aiden
    Adam
    Sid
    Jo

I like Lindsay she's a good character but Aiden was just so awesome and eventhough she hasn't been on the show for 6 years i still miss her a lot. i was such a fan of her and Danny together it was nuts as much as i like Lindsay i would gladly have Aiden back in a heartbeat.

Angell just needs to come back i will always be really pissed that TPTB killed her off.

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Mac
    Jo
    Stella
    Flack
    Sid
    Maybe Adam

Mac: good leader, knows how to do the job

Jo: funny, brings the lighthearted side of things, relaxed, fun, and caring. Brings out a different side of Mac which is really interesting to watch.

Stella: tough, caring, knows how to stand up to Mac but that doesn't stop them from working great together.

Flack: do I really need to explain? He rocks, he is funny, smart, witty, and a whole lot of good things :).

Sid: his eccentricities are just too much fun

Adam: he is funny...sometimes. Other times he annoys me a bit.

15. CSIRufus

CSIRufus Victim

Mine would be;

Mac
    Stella
    Jo
    Danny
    Lindsay
    Aiden
    Flack
    Angell
    Hawkes