Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Ghawazee, Aug 3, 2009.

?

Choose New Stellarina Thread!

Poll closed Aug 10, 2009.
  1. Stella/Melina #7: 'Cause even Athene and Aphrodite worship her.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  2. Stella/Melina #7: The perfect combination of brains, looks, and personality.

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  3. Stella/Melina #7: a goddess came down to earth !

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. Stella/Melina #7:Athene in her mortal form.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Stella/Melina #7: Zeus' gift to Hollywood.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Stella/Melina#7 'Cause she is the angel that enlighten our hearts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Stella/Melina #7 'Cause everything sounds better in Greek

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  8. Stella/Melina #7: Because she´s the Greek Goddess of Crimonology

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. Stella/Melina #7Because she´s the heart and soul of the CSI-team

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. Stella/Melina#7 Because Lady Liberty speaks in Greek!

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  11. Stella/Melina#7 Because she is the light and soul of NY Lab

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Stella/kelina#7 Because we all love Rambo Stella

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Actually she will be on tomorrow night in Death House! And YES!! There are SO many of us who cant WAIT to see Stella AND Mac together again even if it is a repeat! Just make sure you get the right time . Last time they aired it an hour earlier in Mediums old slot at seven and then two blue bloods in a row. And it would be fantastic to see them together again and since they choose to keep Stella alive it isnt impossible :thumbsup: Besides even it is a repeat much more enjoyable and way easier on the eyes dont cha think? :lol:

2. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

...erm. Well, how to put this then :lol: -- I'd be very, very (very) surprised if the show had Stella back for an appearance, at least this season. If there is another season in the offing, who knows. I shrug in no particular direction on that front. I'm dubious to say the least, that the show would go there, especially so soon after introducing a new character, and also that MK would want to make the return, so soon after leaving, if nothing else.

As for the seemingly perpetual question of whom, if anyone, the show should write Mac with, I'm pretty much at the point of simply deferring to the Couch option from a certain other thread :p. Suffice to say though, I think it would be ridiculous to expect a show to somehow essentially "reserve" a character for such a speculative/dramatic reunion storyline, especially at the expense of anything they might want to explore in the meantime :p.

Gotta say too, that in my eyes, Jo can stay in NY as long as she likes. With the overall improvement in the show this season, I really don't think I'd trade Jo for Stella. S7 is a whole new entity. On the one hand, it's too bad MK didn't sign for another season to partake in some good eps; on the other hand, one could speculate that part of the turnaround and new life that the show has seen this season is a direct result of having a new main character, and having to scramble to alter earlier plans to accomodate the change. The transition has overall been a pretty damned good kick in the keister.

:lol: it does rather go without saying, but with NY, ya never, wholly, really, truly know :p.

(Nice to see ya back, btw. Been awhile :).)

Yep, agree, kinda sorta, but not necessarily because Jo is now supposed to be the only woman with whom Mac has any regular interaction,and people shouldn't wonder about Aubrey, or Peyton, or yes, Stella. But of those likely to make another appearance on the show, well, again, I can't see MK making a return anytime soon. It's also certainly only appropriate that Jo does get some additional focus as the newest character.

With the finite airtime available weekly, I really don't think they'd drop mention of Stella for the sake of it, though there was that one ep where it felt like the show was grudgingly tossing a bone at continuity and a large4r realm, with Flack, Danny and Lindsay each suddenly made mention of some relative they had :lol:. Mighta been Redemptio, or some such ep.

Possibly, but I'm not certain they wouldn't just try for any Big Name to guest on the show, as opposed to chasing MK for an ep, whether ratings are an issue or not. I'm also not convinced that MK would, in comparison, be as big a draw as WP would theoretcially be in making an appearance on LV (were he to alter his stance in being interested).

Should the show wrap up instead of getting another season, I'm still not sold that they'd try to write Stella material in lieu of not simply using the roster they now have in place. And with SW now no. 2 on the call sheet and the main leading lady of the cast, I don't see her being dealt short on material to do so.

I get the impression that some fans would have remained thwarted of certain wishes, even had MK signed to do another season on NY :p.

Given that Jo has gotten some substantial scenes, I'd like to think that MK would have been written to have some too, and TPTB had indicated that some scripts did have some strong Stella material. Who's to say what quality those scripts were? Some no doubt would have liked them, some no doubt would have remained unsatisfied or hoping for different. That't s just the way it goes.

What I'm glad about is that Jo has gotten some attention and storylines this season, and further that SW can pull them off. The same can't really be said for Lindsay's integration into the show, in S3 especially. Well, IMO, of course :p.

I'm certainly not saddened on MK's behalf, though. I can only assume she's pursuing whatever it is that she wants to focus on, and the timing felt right to do so.

Depends on the ep, m'dear :p. I'd by far prefer Death House to, oh, say, the likes of Grounds for Deception, for example :lol:.

As for what's easier on the eyes, I think both actresses are quite easy to take, and that attitude counts as much as looks, and that the combo of both in each Stella and Jo has been part of why I like both. We'll simply hafta fall back on to YMMV ;).

Wow, break went fast. Hmm. Hope that was sorta coherent :lol:. Whaddayado.

3. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

LOVED LOVED LOVED Watching Death house last night!!:thumbsup: And the very BEST part...NO Lindsay!:lol: The ending was my favorite ever...Mac Stella Flack and Danny walking in slow motion out of the building ah my most favorites of the orginal cast, oh to have THOSE days back again sigh:) Just something about Stella she is just soooo classey and elegant. She has it so together and the "I'll kill you if you say ladies first"!!:guffaw: What a team Mac and Stella are they are just so comfortable and easy with each other, I'll always Love them together!:adore: He sure was quick to make sure she was O.K. after the contraption came flying out of the air:lol:. And then there was Flack with his Do Do Do DO, he cracks me up.:lol: I will always treasure his relationship with Stella as well. Having the four of them doing the main investigating was like the good ole days and made me long for more!:p

My all time favorite by the way!:thumbsup: Written by the lady herself.:)

And I agree to a certian extent. As I am extremely fond of Stella and her natural beauty I am biased I will admit, Personally I dont like how they have introduced Jo and in the scope of which she is center stage. As you said it is point of view and I see Jo as overbearing, self absorbed, and a "Know it all" who feels the need to be cajoling to everyone... The admission of botox by the star makes her looks artificial to me as well:p.

4. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

quoting naughty&nice-Depends on the ep, m'dear :p. I'd by far prefer Death House to, oh, say, the likes of Grounds for Deception, for example :lol:.
    My all time favorite by the way!:thumbsup: Written by the lady herself.:)

And I agree to a certian extent. As I am extremely fond of Stella and her natural beauty I am biased I will admit, Personally I dont like how they have introduced Jo and in the scope of which she is center stage. As you said it is point of view and I see Jo as overbearing, self absorbed, and a "Know it all" who feels the need to be cajoling to everyone... The admission of botox by the star makes her looks artificial to me as well:p. -end quote

M'dear, if you think the looks thing (botox) with Sela are a problem now, please don't EVER see the movie 54 made many years ago- you too, will be positively green (and it won't be from envy...) :eek:That was my real introduction to the actress and I saw more of her in it that I had ever hoped to see (thank heaven this is Network TV and thus full nudity won't be possible!). :). I also don't like her interaction with the cast- it's about as warm as a 3 day old dead mackerel- just so people don't think I'm ragging solely on looks. There hasn't been a scene she's done this season with anyone that I could have seen Melina do and do better, with her warmth and essence which is like a breath of pure fresh air!

I guess if Melina isn't going to be gracing the screen in NY on a regular basis and they are going to do this Jo/Mac pair up, I'd best get to practicing lots of head turning and hoping for more scenes with the rest of the cast....oh give ME strength!:)

Melina Please come home....

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  5. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Ah man, if they pair Mac & Jo up, I hope at least half of La Palma Island breaks off, crashes into the Atlantic Ocean AND wipes Mac and Jo right off the face of the Earth before that happens! :mad::rolleyes::lol::guffaw::rolleyes::guffaw::lol::rolleyes::mad:

Then again, I seriously doubt that they are stupid enough to pair them up, especially when many fans of our beloved Stella would feel not so much disappointed but betrayed, robbed. That is a whole can of worms to be avoided.

Stella is like a keystone in an archway and removing it results in the arch collapsing, hence why I no longer watch new episodes CSI:NY anymore. I just now pretend that they cancelled it, period and that this 'seventh season' is simply a completely different show with a different universe and time line, with the same cast save for Sela in MK's place.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  6. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

*Knocks on door*

Hello. Anybody home? :(

I had vowed to not watch ANY CSI at all for the rest of 2010 and kept my word. Miraculously, I mustered up enough guts and watched a re-run for the first time since May of last year. I really, truly miss Stella on CSI:NY immensely.

Why, oh why did you leave MK? :( You are sorely missed by everyone on this show. I've watched clips on Season 7 and it feels like the neighborhood has changed, almost completely beyond recognition. :(

There are a few here and there who wish your character Stella were forgotten. I won't let that happen. :scream:

7. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

:(You are not alone. I watched the first couple of eps of season 7 and hated jo so much that I have not watched it since. It is not the same without Melina:guffaw:I do watch the reruns. I will admit I am not happy to see it doing so well. I was hoping the ratings would fall and cbs would cancel it.:p I am hoping Melina will be back on tv soon in something else whatever it is I will be there

8. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

I hope she gets a guest spot on NY soon.

9. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Yes PLLLEASE!!!

The few that I watched do feel like a different show. Melinas absence is really noticeable, to me anyway.

Watching the rerun "Death House" really made me notice how much I miss her she was so...Stella!!!

Your not alone!:lol:

It would be great if both parties would come to the table and work something out...Well I guess since she is not dead she could come back!:)

10. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

You know, I mustered up the guts and bravery to watch CSI:NY since it's snowy and windy out and try out this episode with Jo.

While Jo herself, contrary to my angry rants, turns out to be an okay character, so far at least, Melina's absence is truly noticeable and the show feels completely different, like a neighborhood you lived your whole life in is gentrified so much, that you no longer recognize it. :(

Melina, please either come home, or establish a new outpost (New TV Show or movie) for us to settle in. You're sorely missed by all of us.

11. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Me too. Flack was my draw but you are right! Ugh she is so noticably absent!:scream: I dont care for Jo this I have found hasnt changed. And I think they are trying to portray Lindsey as the "tough" new Stella GAH! good luck with that!!!:lol:

12. Duke

Duke Witness

I agree with everyone - last nights premiere fell flat for me (and it wasn't just the bad storyline) Stella not being there left a huge hole in the episode, one which - quite frankly - Jo Ward will never be able to fill.

It also annoyed me that after 6 seasons as one of the show's best characters, the only mention she got was a rather clodding note to Lindsay. The gift however, was perfect - so typically Stella, with her gentle understanding.

She deserved more than she got last night and I hope that won't be the last we hear about Stella on the show. She touched the hearts of every single character and therefore I find it hard to believe that they would all forget her so easily.

I certainly won't.

13. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

I agree the episode fell flat, having avoided any spoilers at all, I was on a downer when I thought it strange when her name didnt appear in the opening credits. Even more so to see Stella leave with no send off at all. Especially having been an intergral character throughout the show. As regular viewers of the show we have more vested in the characters than for them to be just dismissed with a quick note.

14. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Melina didn't leave them any choice. She chose to leave and not come back to give Stella a proper exit. TPTB did the best they could under the circumstances.

15. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

And I have to wonder if they didnt give Melina any choice but to push her into the decision she made because up untill a couple of weeks before shooting she still loved playing Stella. Neither of us were there so neither of us know for sure. One thing I do know is, there are varying opinions and opposite conclusions that all of us have come too and looks like untill we hear from someone of authority it will probably stay that way.., And then again things could get resolved and she will come back:) By the way what the heck is up with Sela Wards eyebrows :wtf::eek:.