Episode 9x10 - 'Match Made in Hell' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Dec 31, 2010.

1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Florry,sorry poor choice of words. I know a paramedic is not a porter, and I know their worth .I know what a paramedic does. I was responding to the previous poster that her boyfriend would have checked and driven him to the hospital,that's all,her words,not mine.If you got something else from that,so be it,but I know what I meant.I was simply responding to the situation in the episode and the previous message,period. I was not talking about immediate care,car accidents,etc.
    We all take things personal and I take it personal that people think the recovey position is ridiculous just because they don't or wouldn't do it.We all need a filter or two.
    I also know Ryan didn't need CPR,and didn't say that. I said the recovery position made sense to use if there was a danger of vomiting or aspiration,which is true.The recovery position is not exclusively used after CPR,plain and simple.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well, I must be honest: saying that he would have checked the person and driven him to the hospital, to me, doesn't exactly mean this person was referring to her boyfriend or paramedics in general as porters.
    Quite honestly, that's all Ryan needed at the moment...yet no ambulance for the guy :rolleyes:,

To me,she was only saying that he wouldn't have used the recovery position. Something I probably wouldn't have used either. I probably would have put him on his side, but I certainly wouldn't have been that frantic almost ready to give a mouth to mouth resuscitation as Delko almost looked like.

Let's just saying that calling us help/transportation isn't the best wording ;)

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Truthfully,I wasn't referring to him or paramedics as a porter either.As I said,I just responded to her answer that he would have "driven" to the ER.
    It's Miami, the frantic part wasn't that surprising was it?

I was refering to medical help,period.Perhaps I should have worded it that way.

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh for the love of god...how was is he supposed to bring the patient to the hospital after checking him out???? Walking him to the ER? How hard is it for you to understand this has nothing to do with her idea of paramedic????? Let's shoot her because she used the word "drive" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

He was to transport(drive) like I said .How hard is it for you to understand?It was just unfortunate wording. It has nothing to do with my idea of a paramedic either,it's only your misunderstanding that I think so. I know very well what a paramedic does.
    I'm dropping the subject, have a good day florry.

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I'm not dropping the subject.....no way I'm gonna do such a thing just because you asked for it.

You're implying I cannot read and understand someone's else statement only because I don't agree with you. Before you speak, please read carefully what someone else has to say.
    That's what you're implying....too bad I can read and I perfectly understand your post!!!!!!!!!!

Now...YOU have a good day!

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Apparently not.

8. Lady I

Lady I Hit and Run

First, do you really think I'm that idiot to define my boyfriend and his collegues porters

Second, the fact he would have checked him out and driven him to the hospital ( , he doesn't walk him to the ER) doesn't quite mean I think my boyfriend is a porter who doesn't know what to do he knows what to do and he would know that this entire discussion is pretty ridiculous

Third, don't try and defend yourself by putting the blame on someone's else just because she didn't agree with you!

Are you really arguing on the word "drive"....what if he is the driver of the ambulance does that make him a porter NO WAY

I just came here to give my comment on the episode. The world is good because of people who have different opinions. We can't think the same thank God!

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Think what you will. I didn't think you defined your boyfriend as a porter,nor did I say so.I used the word drive and transport in the same light.I didn't use the word porter at all in my first answer. Frankly,I don't care if a person agrees or doesn't agree with me,everyone is entitled their opinion. I do care if I'm misunderstood,that's not defending myself,just fact.Everyone knows that to drive or transport doesn't equal porter.I've said what I mean't as well as I posted in unfortunate wording so you can continue to think what want.

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

You need to cool down a bit, Florry. Whether or not the issue is personal to you doesn't excuse you from continually berating another poster after she apologized and attempted to clarify her position several times. It's fine for you to feel the way you do, but there are other ways to get your point across and I've noticed how very heated you tend to get when you're passionate about a topic. Perhaps it might best next time if you stepped away until you have a cool enough head to respond.

There's absolutely no problem with clarifying information for someone on either end, as long as it's done in a respectful manner. It's common to have misunderstandings when communicating over the Internet, which I think is what happened here and when someone apologizes, clarifies and wants to move on, it's probably best to do so instead of adding more fuel to the fire (on both sides).

So now I'm asking for it to be dropped. If you decide to take it to PM to work things out, go for it but it's not going to continue here.

Let's move on, please.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Horatio used profanity in this episode? I must have missed that somehow.

12. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Agreed with all of your points. This episode didn't do a thing for me... and H saving the latest damsel in distress is getting OLD fast.

13. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

I'm so with you about that, Florry86. My husband was a combat Army medic some years back, and for the most part, paramedics usually bring treatment to the scene and then may transport, depending on the case.

14. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

Honestly, I can't see what the big deal is about the recovery scene. It was a five second scene in a fictional drama that's not known for its realism. I think people just need to relax a little.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this episode. I was a bit disappointed that there wasn't as much Ryan as was thought, and that the ex storyline got dropped (will we ever learn anything about Ryan's personal life? :p) but I did enjoy the case. And yeah, I admit I enjoyed the dunking scene, as morbid as that is.

I've gotten used to H saving the damsel in distress, so that barely bugs me. Though we really should have more scenes where he's actually relaxes and has a bit of a laugh. That was the highlight of the episode for me.

I loved the humour that Tom and Frank provided. Wouldn't mind seeing some more of that either.

Overall, I thought it was an enjoyable, if somewhat unbelievable, episode. A from me :thumbsup:

15. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

Hmm, was this the first of the season that didn't include a full-on chasing scene? lol.

I really enjoyed all the extra humor tidbits here and there. Natalia and Calleigh joking about the pipes, Frank commenting on the motorcycle (he's a CSI in training, I can feel it!) Tom as always. Nice to see the team is a little bit light-hearted despite their jobs... =).