Nick Fic Song Challenge Thread #2- Ch #20- "Save Me From Myself"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Smokey, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

Re: Nick Fic Song Challenge Thread #2- Ch #16- "Never Let Me Down Agai

That's pretty rich coming from you! :p

Mine was completely random - it's pretty off-topic but I liked it. For whatever reason, I thought of Nick riding horses. I figured he must have ridden a lot with his dad - his original best friend.

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

That's what I thought! :lol:

I like that idea. :)

3. KFK

KFK Witness

I apologize for being so late in reviewing the stories. I've been down with the flu, and now I'm trying to catch-up on everything that's fallen behind. I enjoyed all the stories, and thank the writers for their hard work and for entertaining us. Again, sorry for the late reviews.

Taking a Ride With My Best Friend – Raynn. Loved this as an addition to a CSI episode. I also thought the competitiveness and tension between Nick and Warrick was very believable. I loved the flashback to the case they worked together, and Nick reminiscing about it in a sad-sweet way. Great job Raynn, you write CSI characters so well.

Gossamer Wings – My story. I was in a bit of a reflective mood when I wrote this, blame it on the holiday season and missing departed loved ones. Anyway, my reflective thoughts became Nick's thoughts....though I can guarantee you, I would never go paragliding to feel closer to my loved ones. I hate flying in a plane, let alone paragliding.

Never Let Me Down – Smokey. I always enjoy a deeper look into an episode of the show, and absolutely loved this deeper look. As you know, I've never been thrilled with the way Grissom treated Nick compared to Warrick, Sara, and Greg. He was always so condescending towards Nick. Anyway, back to reviewing your story...I liked the way you wrote the conversational style between Nick and Warrick, the brutal honesty of their friendship. The ending was fantastic with them going on the coaster together, their own sense of therapy. Great job.

Save a Cowboy – Jacqui. Your story was such a fun journey back in time with father and son, oh and of course Buck. I agree with Bill Stokes, Nick's stubbornness and smarts make him a good investigator, which will be proven years later. You wrote Nick's father as I would imagine him to be, “a brush yourself off, tough it up” kind of dad. I don't think Bill's the type to suffer from fools. Great job, really enjoyed your story.

Out of the Hole – Nickyfan. Stef don't tease me like this, I need more of this story soon...I must know what happens next. As others have said, I too enjoyed the perspective of Warrick's reflection on the effects of Nick's kidnapping. This too is the missing scenes the show never delves into. I liked how Warrick knew exactly when and how far to push Nick. The dialog between the two is well done. I look forward to reading more of this story. Great job, Stef.

Again, I apologize for the late reviews. All of the stories were fantastic, thank you for writing them.

Take Care, and Happy Holidays! :)

Kelli

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Oh yeah..Smokey and Jacqui..well this is for you noyh:p:p:p:p:p:p:lol:

5. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Here are my reviews and I didn't look to see who wrote what before I did the review. Now, however, I will. :)

Taking a Ride With My Best Friend - Awww, that was such a sweet story. I loved this line from Warrick to Nick: 'I owe you. More than just this, y'know.' That about says it all. You captured their friendship perfectly and that betting 'they never did'. ;) This was such a perfect backstory to go with that episode.

Man, I really miss that friendship. :( Great story and great job!

Gossamer Wings - That was sweet. Yes Nick, I think Warrick will be there to greet you. :) How could he not? You two were like brothers. Very nice! :)

Never Let Me Down - I really liked this story. That about summed it up too. How Grissom always treated Warrick, sara, etc. better than Nick. I could see this conversation happening. Man, I was hoping that Nick would tell him the riddle and see that Warrick gets it wrong too. :) I did the first time I ever heard it. Besides calves do drink milk, so there. This was a great Nick and Warrick story.

Save A Cowboy - Loved it! That was such a great story of Nick and his dad. Yup, that's Nicky. He's a smart one. I just loved how you brought the cat into the story. Mr. toughy of a horse wasn't so tough with a little cat around now was he. One of things I loved the most about this story was Nick's talking to the horse. Had me chuckling a little. I could just imagine it. And I'm glad that he did better than his big brother. :) This was a wonderful story. Great job!

Out of the Hole - Ummm, a cliff hanger? WTH? I think this shouldn't be allowed. :D Just kidding. I really like the beginning of this story. I loved that Warrick one something and he's take Nick with him. Nick needs it. Getting away from Vegas would do wonders.

Hmmmm, wouldn't do much hiking, huh? Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Great start!

6. Smokey

Thanks to everyone for jumping in with your reviews! :)

I think we'll hold off until after the first of the year to have a new challenge. Happy holidays to you all! :)

7. Smokey

Anyone up for a new challenge? I'm still working on my last chapter of my other story, but given enough time I can do one for a challenge. :)

8. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Wellll... it's not like I have enough free time on my hands but given a good song and a great idea right after reading the lyrics, I might get one done :)

I would like to do another challenge :D

Wish I had already worked on chapter 2 for my more chapter fic though :(

9. Smokey

Thanks, Stef! I think I can do one. Anyone else??

10. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I'll try too. Always fun. :)

11. Smokey

Great! Thanks, Raynn! :) Okay, so then when I get home tonight I'll put it up.

We're running out of songs on the list tho. So if there is anyone who is still wanting to be a part of the challenge who has not submitted a song for consideration, please go ahead and send it to me in a PM or to the email address in my profile.

Otherwise, I think we're down to just my song choice! :lol:

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

My song choice should still be there too, it hasn't been used yet. I'm hoping that my CSI fic muse will return. It seems to have gone MIA or something lol. It must have ran off with my CSI: Miami fic muse LOL!

13. Smokey

Okay then! I'll put yours in the running as well. :)

14. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

I'm ready for one!

15. Smokey

Okay, so I've still got me, Jacqui, and GNRFan in the song choices. If I missed anyone, let me know and I'll make sure your song is included in the next round's pick. :)

The next person to post after me pick a number....1, 2, or 3. :)