Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2010.

1. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Am I the only that finds it strange or at least interesting that Strauss and Hotch have the same first name?

2. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I've always thought that was lazy writing. It's like they didn't even notice the Erin/Aaron thing until it was too late. I know it happens in real life, but... still. I always got pissed in lost where by the last season there was Daniel Faraday, Dan Norton, Danielle, Danny Pickett, Ana-Lucia's mentioned boyfriend Danny, a couple of guest actors who played Daniels, and the actors Daniel Dae Kim and Daniel Roebuck. :lol:

I didn't realize how much Rachel Nichols looked like JJ Cook until I saw last night's episode. That was just a slap in the face. And I can tell they're starting to make Prentiss slowly hate her job so they can write her out later this year. Truly pathetic.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

LMAO! Would you believe that it never occurred to me? I mean, I have heard them call them both Aaron/Erin, but I never thought about it like that. When Rossi called her Erin in the last ep, I thought it sounded odd (even though I knew that was her first name). :lol:

4. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

I have this picture of Hotch calling in and, in response to his question of "what's up?", Rossi saying, "Nothing much. Morgan recommended releasing a convicted murderer who went on to kill someone 51 hours after release and, in the course of investigating that, we discovered that the convicted murderer was framed for the original crime by a man who's a prominent politician."

5. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

I think the new girl(Ashley) is still not impressing me. It hurt me because they cut off AJ Cook for her:rolleyes:. Still gotta see how she does.She still has to prove herself. I'm sure because of this criminal minds lost viewers.

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Sorry but I am not seeing much similarity between Ashley and JJ other then their both blonde. I also don't see anything wrong with Ashley, seems a bit nieve but courious at the sametime. She watches and she listens.

While I do miss AJ on the show but I also think that they have written Rachel Nichols a good part, and true to her interview .. "I knew that JJ had left and then there was a lot of uproar. People were all wondering, who is this girl coming in?" Nichols told TVGuide.com last month. "What they wanted to do was introduce this character and have people like her because you can't have people angry and hate her right off the bat.

I find that they made her father a serial killer actually helps the team, she might have been young but she can give insight into the minds of the family members who have to deal with having a serial killer for a relative. While she still wants to know what all her father did, she still has enough info to know that she doesn't read his mail to her, she doesn't see him, and she can sympathize with both the families (related to a killer, and victimized by one) sadly that is something JJ couldn't have really given us, that personal connection.

Again don't get me wrong like I said I liked AJ/JJ, but Rachel/Ashley is a bit refreshing, and the fact that she has Em as a training agent, and she seems to soak up info and still asks questions, I don't see it as a bad thing. But honestly I don't see anything remotely familiar between JJ and Ashley other then like I said their both Blondes. Even their manner of speaking, and body language (or stance) isn't the same imo.

So I am not sure what anyone else saw that made them think that.

I like her, and I would have to say that while JJ was awesome (as was AJ) Ashley is just as good and the fact that they are easing her in and not cramming her down our throats gives them my vote for good choice. And should she become a regular more power to them. Should they decide to yank her instead again more power to them. Again JMO. :)

9. GregNickRyanFan

She looks similar, but different. Similar hair and eye color, similar body shape and height. I did notice that her face is more round where JJ's is more oval. But mostly she is very similar in appearance. Character wise she's different though. I like Ashley, not as much as I liked JJ, but I like her enough. It wouldn't bother me if she stayed. Though I still want JJ back.
    There's a rumor I heard that Ed said that JJ is coming back for an episode later in the season. But someone said that AJ stated on her twitter that its the first she's heard about it. So who knows if this is true or not lol. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though. I'd like to see her return and give Ashley some pointers on how to deal with her teammates lol. :)

Also, I hardly ever have dreams about tv shows anymore, but... I fell asleep watching Criminal Minds repeats last night, so I ended up dreaming about it. JJ was upset about some case they'd been working and Spencer was trying to comfort her. He was just about to get up to leave after saying whatever it was he said to her and he kissed her on the cheek. Will walked in right at that moment and from the angle where he was it didn't look like a cheek kiss. And then I woke up. And I never ever shipped JJ/Spencer, so I don't know where the heck that dream came from LOL.

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I too think that they are very similar physically. When I first saw her I had to roll my eyes because IMO they are the same "type" for lack of a better word. That's why I stated in an earlier post that I would've preferred that she were a brunette or redhead or just that they'd tried harder to make them more different. Like Sela W. and Melina K. in CSI NY. They are physically very different and it helps to not feel Sela as a replacement (that and the fact that Sela rocks :D).

Other than that they are completely different characters and I am enjoying her background story and what she brings to the team. I hadn't seen this type of storyline done anywhere else and I am very intrigued by it and think they can do a lot with it. I absolutely love that Emily is the training agent and hope we see more of that.

11. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Hmm

Well I went in search of pics and I found two they are both from scenes, I shortened them down so its an upper body photo Best I could do on one cup of coffee lol.

AJ (left), Rachel (right)

I admit they could be related as cousins, not really sisters, unless one looked like mom and the other dad. lol. BTW these pics will only be up for a couple days to a week.

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Maybe it's Emily's turn to expose a secret :)

Or they are setting up her exit :(

13. Meadowhawk

Meadowhawk Victim

You know, I wasn't really buying that they look 'just alike', but then I went and googled some photos... The hair makes a lot of difference. Compare photos of both with their hair in waves, or both with their hair straightened, and I have to go back and read the captions to tell who is who.

AJ and Rachel

Regardless, I like her character. Miss AJ/JJ, but I like Ashley so far and I think the writers have handled her well so far.

14. GregNickRyanFan

I was watching season 4, disc 2 of the sitcom from the late 70s to 1980 "Soap" last night and saw that Joe was on there. I didn't recognize him at first cause he had a lot of facial hair and a hat on and was speaking with an accent... but then the camera closed up on his face and I noticed his eyes and went "OMG, that's Rossi!" LOL. His character's name was "Juan One".

15. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Next Wednesday will be the repeat of 'JJ.'

New episodes wiil be on January 19 and 26.

Happy New Year! :)