Supernatural #4: STILL No Chick Flick Moments

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Hey, do you guys remember the "Fan Favorite" TV Guide poll that they ran last month? The Chuck fans thought that having a program that did thousands of votes all at once would make them win, well we didn't need to cheat to win! http://twitpic.com/3dh9rq

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The cover pic is very nice. Jared in blue, his eyes almost look blue in that pic. His hair looks awesome. Jensen in teal, which brings out his eyes even more than usual. Just a very gorgeous cover. I do kind of wish that since they had that road background behind them that they had put the Impala there. But, I'm so glad we won!

3. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I thought the same thing too about the Impala lol and I was kind of shocked Cas wasn't there either.

4. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

I'm not a huge fan of the cover- way too photoshopped and BRIGHT! But the important thing is we won! :D

5. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

OK, wow. Another great episode! I still can't get over how amazing this season has been. Fantastic. Man, Sammy went dark. Intense. Death is such a cool character though- great to see him back.

And now... sigh... nothing until, like... when? February? Sigh.

6. GregNickRyanFan

I'm so glad he's the Horseman that came back because he was the only one that I liked. The others were kind of evil LOL.

And FINALLY they mention Adam. I hope that wasn't foreshadowing him coming back evil and one of his brothers having to kill him or something. Hopefully Dean is wrong and Adam's in Heaven with his mom. And Death just didn't tell Dean that because Death wanted to have Dean make a choice.

Next new ep will air on Jan 28th.

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I am catching up on eps I missed on TNT for those who didn't know this they run two eps from 10-11, and 11-12 et.

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: TvGuide

Where's the Supernatural scoop?

NATALIE: Right here: An angel hitman is coming and he's not a happy camper (think Javier Bardem in No Country For Old Men, Friendo). He'll cross into an alternate universe to catch his quarry, and when he does, the results will be bloody.

9. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

My favorite character in Supernatural is Sam,Dean,Cas.:)

10. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Supernatural returns on January 28th with
    Like a Virgin - Local virgins are being kidnapped by a dragon with massive wings, scales and a lair to keep its prey. It's up to the Winchester brothers to save the damsels-in-distress.

For some reason that reminded me of Shrek :lol: I'm very random

11. GregNickRyanFan

Hehe, I can't wait for this episode. It looks funny.
    plus I love dragons. But, I wish they had titled it something else because now I have that song stuck in my head lol.

12. GregNickRyanFan

Auseillo reported that: In the upcoming episode of Supernatural where Dean and Sam wake up as actors named Jensen and Jared on a tv show called "Supernatural", Sam/Jared has a wife who is played by none other than Jared's real life wife, Genevieve Cortese (aka Ruby 2.0). I'm thinking maybe the purpose of having Genevieve there is so that she'll be the first person the brothers see and they'll think she's Ruby lol.

13. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

:guffaw: ^^ That sounds hilarious.
    If Castiel "Misha" will be in the episode ... we all know how crazy Misha seems from twitter etc, so I'm looking forward to that :lol:

How is the winter Hellatus going for you, 'Supernatural' fans?

Not enjoying the lack of Winchesters on your television? Well, I can't speed up the CW show's return date -- it's still coming back Jan. 28 -- but I can share some news about the drama.

I interviewed 'Supernatural' executive producer and showrunner Sera Gamble when I was in Los Angeles last week, and I'll post a long transcript of that chat closer to the show's return date. But before then, I just had to share some brain-melting intel about upcoming episodes of the show. (Spoilers ahoy.)

Here's a 'Supernatural' exclusive for you: The Winchesters will be visiting the Old West this season.

"You may see the guys in Stetsons. You may see Jared [Padalecki] on horseback. It could happen," Gamble said. "I've already talked to Jensen [Ackles] about it, he's excited about it and I think the guys are going to have a lot of fun with it."

"We've always wanted to do one," she added. "Supernatural is a Western. We've always wanted to find a way to get Sam and Dean into the Old West, at least for part of an episode, and the main obstacle was always how to do it produceably."

Fans who've hoped to see the Winchesters out West "should write a love letter to [executive producer Robert Singer] and to Jim Michaels, our line producer, and to Diane [Widas], who handles our costumes. Just to be able to do something like that on the kind of moderate television budget that we have, it's a testament to their craftiness," Gamble noted. The episode, which will probably be the eighteenth of the season, is being penned by 'Supernatural' writers Andrew Dabb and Daniel Loflin.

Gamble calls another upcoming outing "the craziest meta episode of all time." Yes, 'Supernatural' will go mega-meta in an episode called 'The French Mistake,' which airs Feb. 18 (the title of the episode will be familiar to fans of the classic comedy 'Blazing Saddles').

"We have an episode in which Sam and Dean find themselves in essentially ... to shorthand it, we'll call it a parallel world," Gamble explained. In the world in which they find themselves, "there is no magic, there is a television show called 'Supernatural' and everyone seems convinced that they are actors named Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles."

"It appears that there are actors having a psychotic break on a set and the producers don't know what to do, basically," she noted. "The dailies are fall-on-the-floor hilarious. The guys are so funny in this episode. And, you know, meta is not to everyone's taste, but I enjoy a nice slice of meta."

How meta is this? Jared Padalecki's real-life wife, Genevieve Cortese, will guest star as herself in the episode. The show's producers won't appear as themselves, but Brian Doyle-Murray will play Robert Singer, the executive producer of the show in which the brothers find themselves.

"As is completely appropriate, I am a disembodied voice on the phone," Gamble said.

Will she provide her own voice for those scenes? "I don't know. Who knows if I'm a good enough actor? I might not get the job," Gamble joked.

Will some version of 'Supernatural' creator Eric Kripke be in the episode?

"Part of the episode deals with the fact that Eric is difficult to track down," Gamble said. "Part of it deals with the fact that Eric is off in a cabin somewhere writing a movie of the week for the Syfy channel."

Here's a rundown of some of the other info I gleaned from Gamble:

* We'll see more of Castiel and the civil war in Heaven in the second half of the season. We'll also meet one of Cas' lieutenants.

* Expect to see more of the angel Balthazar, who's played by Sebastian Roche. "Balthazar causes some serious, hilarious problems because he just does stuff for the [hell] of it, basically," Gamble said.

* Rufus, one of my favorite recurring characters, will return in season 6.

* We'll see Ben and Lisa again before the season ends.

* We'll see Samuel again in the Feb. 4 episode of the show, which will flashback to when Sam was hunting with Samuel.

* The photos on this post come from the Jan. 28 episode, 'Like a Virgin.'

Again, look for that interview transcript around Jan. 27. In it, Gamble will talk about the season as a whole and the writers' approach to exploring the Winchesters' post-Apocalypse world. And of course, I'll continue recapping the show each week when season 6 resumes.

14. GregNickRyanFan

Would the western episode be the one titled "Unforgiven"? Because people were wondering if that title would mean the ep would have more to do with the Western movie of the same title or the Metallica song lol.

Is it just me or do they seem to be giving Balthazar a similar personality to Gabriel? Can you imagine the banter between the two of them though? Actually, Bal reminds me of a merge between the personalities of Gabriel and Crowley lol.

Supposedly there's an episode titled "And Then There Were None", according to Jim Beaver. Some people were wondering if the title was a reference to the Agatha Christie book of the same title. My first thought was that "and then there were none" was a reference to Raphael's possible death. Raph is the only original arch angel left on the show. Uriel (who in actual angel lore is an arch angel, but wasn't on this show) and Gabriel are both dead. Michael and Lucifer are both in Hell. Raph is the only one left. So he could die in this episode an the "and then there were none" would be pertaining to that. A second theory I had was that the "and then there were none" would be pertaining to the Campbells meaning Gramps and Gwen would both die. However, it could very well pertain to a case... like maybe a bunch of people die in some town and the boys go to investigate or something. :shrug:

Does anyone know what episode is airing this Friday? I know it's a repeat, but the tv book in the paper makes it sound like its an episode from the first season for both SPN and SV which is weird lol.

15. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain