Parenthood

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by kaylyne, Mar 9, 2010.

1. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

The new tv series - Parenthood

[​IMG]

Peter Krause as Adam Braverman
    Lauren Graham as Sarah Braverman
    Dax Shepard as Crosby Braverman
    Erika Christensen as Julia Braverman-Graham
    Monica Potter as Kristina Braverman
    Bonnie Bedelia as Camille Braverman
    Craig T Nelson as Zeek Braverman
    Sam Jaeger as Joel Graham
    Joy Bryant as Jasmine Trussell
    Mae Whitman as Amber Holt
    Sarah Ramos as Haddie Braverman
    Miles Heizer as Drew Holt
    Max Burkholder as Max Braverman

2. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

I am trying so hard to get Lorelai Gilmore out of my head. Believe me, that's not easy! :lol:

I thought the 2 eps were ok. I'm gonna hang around to watch since I don't have anything to watch at 9pm. :)

----------------
    [​IMG]

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I caught some of this show last night. It seemed like a cute show. I have two questions though:

1) Is Saturday its original night or was that just a repeat?

2) I'm wondering who was originally cast as Sarah. I remember reading somewhere that Lauren Graham took over the role cause something happened with the original actress. I can't remember if she got sick or what. And I can't for the life of me remember who the actress was. Anyone know?

And I too had a hard time getting Lorelai out of my head. :lol:

4. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Its regular time here in the states is Tuesday at 10:00 pm on NBC.

From IMDB.com: Maura Tierney (ER, Newsradio)was originally cast as Sarah. Initially, NBC moved the show's slated fall release to mid-season, when Tierney was diagnosed to have breast cancer. But, due to her cancer treatment, she eventually had to leave the show and Lauren Graham replaced her.

Helen Hunt (Mad About You) was in the running for the role of Sarah, but she and the network failed to reach a salary agreement.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Thanks, Dynamo. :)

6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yeah I watched the episode last night too- I think it was just a second airing, since they advertised the next new ep will be on Tuesday.

I quite liked it, and if I have the time, I may try to check this one out again. :)

7. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I'm pleased to find that after three episodes, I still enjoy this show. That's a rarity for me as I have a hard time getting into shows (because the ones I usually like end up canceled right away, so I don't get into many lately.)

8. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I watched and really liked the first two episodes. Like Modern Family, there is a really great ensemble cast.

And Saturday is repeat night for most networks in the US. I don't think there has been an original airing of a show on Saturday (that wasn't something cancelled being burned off) in a decade.

9. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I just heard that Parenthood has been picked up for a second season.

I'm already a couple episodes behind in my Parenthood watching. I really need to catch up.

10. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

That's great news! Looking forward to another season! :thumbsup:
    I just hope they keep it on Tuesday nights. :)

-------------------
    [​IMG]

11. Della

Della Police Officer

Sorry to bump this up again, but I've only just got to see some of this as I wa sunder the assumption it was a remake of the Steve Martin film of the same name, but it isn't at all. It has a life of its own which is refreshing and the chemistry between the regular characters is what sells this for me - well, that and some downright lovely writing too.

I love this and I know that makes me a hypocrite when it comes to my views of the Hawaii 5-0 remake, but hopefully I can live with that *blush*

Can anyone tell me if they're making more after the Thanksgiving episode shown this year? I would hate for it to be cancelled because it does feel like it could go for quite a while.

:)

12. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

http://www.nbc.com/parenthood/

Parenthood
    "Nipple Confusion"
    10/10/2013 10pm ET/9pm ET (Thursday)

THE BRAVERMAN FAMILY PRESSURE COOKER HAS JUST ABOUT EVERYONE STEWING IN THEIR OWN JUICES - Crosby (Dax Shepard) and Jasmine (Joy Bryant) find parenthood the second time around to be twice as tough, while Kristina's (Monica Potter) campaign with the ever-presence of Heather (Jurnee Smollett) creates a new dynamic with Adam. Meanwhile additional pressures push Joel (Sam Jaeger) and Julia (Erika Christensen) in potentially problematic directions and Sarah (Lauren Graham) seeks help and comfort from Hank (Ray Romano). And Zeek (Craig T. Nelson, CSI: NY), tries to steer Camille (Bonnie Bedelia) to his way of thinking about what to do with the storied Braverman house.

Also starring: Mae Whitman, Max Burkholder, David Denman, Miles Heizer, Tyree Brown, Savannah Paige Rae, Xolo Mariduena, Matt Lauria.

13. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Parenthood
    "In Dreams Begin Responsibilities"
    10/17/13 10pm ET/9pm CT (Thursday)

IN AND OUT OF COMFORT ZONES, SOME IN THE BRAVERMAN CLAN TAKE ON NEW ROLES AND BREAK NEW GROUND - Another of Adam's (Peter Krause) comfort zones is challenged by Kristina's (Monica Potter) campaign, while Sarah (Lauren Graham) and Amber (Mae Whitman) struggle to talk to one another about the wedding. Drew (Miles Heizer) tries to get closer to new friend Natalie (Lyndon Smith) and Zeek (Craig T. Nelson) gets a chance to provide big teaching moments to grandkids Sydney (Savannah Paige Rae) and Victor (Xolo Mariduena), especially Victor. Crosby (Dax Shepard) handles high-maintenance rockstar Oliver Rome (Tyson Ritter). Also starring Sam Jaeger, Erika Christensen, Joy Bryant, Bonnie Bedelia, Matt Lauria, Max Burkholder.

14. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Parenthood
    "Let's Be Mad Together"
    10/24/13 10pm ET/9pm CT (Thursday)

THE NEED FOR BOUNDARIES WEAVES THROUGH THE LIVES OF THE BRAVERMANS - Max's (Max Burkholder) photography knows no bounds while Joel (Sam Jaeger) struggles for boundaries with Peet (Sonya Walger). Adam (Peter Krause) and Crosby (Dax Shepard) too must set boundaries with the band for the betterment of their new business. Meanwhile Julia (Erika Christensen) and Camille (Bonnie Bedelia) have something in common that does not make them happy. And Sarah (Lauren Graham) talks toe-to-toe with Ryan (Matt Lauria) and Amber (Mae Whitman).

Also starring Monica Potter, Joy Bryant, Ray Romano, Craig T. Nelson, Miles Heizer, Savannah Paige Rae, Xolo Mariduena, Tyree Brown.

15. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Parenthood
    "The M Word"
    10/31/13 10:01pm ET/9:01pm CT (Thursday) [​IMG]

PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL POLITICS IMPACT THE BRAVERMAN CLAN - Sarah (Lauren Graham) and Amber (Mae Whitman) struggle with the wedding bell blues while Julia (Erika Christensen) and Joel (Sam Jaeger) try to keep it all together. Kristina (Monica Potter) and Adam (Peter Krause) hit the campaign trail hard and enlist Team Braverman to go door-to-door, while Jasmine (Joy Bryant) helps usher in a new era for Crosby (Dax Shepard) and his band on the run. Zeek (Craig T. Nelson) gives Camille (Bonnie Bedelia) a little of what she wants. Also starring Max Burkholder, Miles Heizer, Matt Lauria, Savannah Paige Rae, Xolo Mariduena. Guest starring: David Denman, Jurnee Smollett.