**Season Nine Spoiler Lab** - Take Two

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I don't expect Adam to write an EC stuff. I hope the whole EC mess will be fixed and they will be a couple again however I don't expect it to be in Adam's episode and thinking of how much criticism he would get writing a steamy or any EC scene I really hope he will focus on the team and not on himself like Melina from NY did when she wrote her episode.:)

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I hope so too. I really preferred Carmine's episode to Melina's because it was more a team episode.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That's exactly what I was going to bring up. Carmine's episode focused on pretty much every character but his. Melina's while not a bad episode was a total Stella episode. I think sometimes its natural to want to write for your own character, but one has to take into consideration what the fans' reactions would be too. Well, they don't have to, but in the end the fans will be happier with them if they do.

One question though: Is Adam actually writing an episode or just directing one? Or both?

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I think I read he will be doing both writing and directing. That's a lot to take on.

5. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Ummm.... I wouldn't consider my comments "crucifying Adam" :wtf: - Let's just say I'm a skeptic when it comes to how this is all going to turn out. I was commenting on some older posts where people were defending Adam and saying that he isn't all about just his character b/c he made a nice comment about Jon Togo and how Jon deserves a nice storyline. I really hope Adam will write a team-central episode - it doesn't have to be for Ryan solely - but he could give Ryan a nice moment or two. Ryan surely is DUE.

My bottom line is this: I really don't like where TPTB went w/Eric's character being the central arc of so many plotlines while other characters have been pushed to the side and ignored. There's no denying that.

And it's only natural for a person to love the character they play (ie: Melina from CSI:NY), and therefore write for what they are comfortable with (ie: THEIR character). That's what I'm worried about. I'm not saying it's a sure thing or that A-Rod is ego-obsessed - I'm just saying I don't trust what he's going to bring to Miami b/c I haven't liked what TPTB have had his character bring to Miami the last three years.

And about giving Adam "a break" - from what? I'm critical about his character, and if he likes the direction his character has been going in, then I'm critical of those comments, too. It's nothing "personal" - we just see things different, and we both have a right to that. I can express my opinion on what I HOPE Adam will or won't do - perhaps the people who will be "crucified" are those who aren't in love with Eric or A-Rod and are willing to express their dislike for something.

I personally don't want another Eric storyline ala: "Eric has a "toothing" problem; Eric's buying weed; Eric's buying weed b/c his sister has cancer (so all's forgiven); Eric's sister marries H and gets killed; Eric has a bullet in the brain; Eric has post-tramautic stress disorder; Eric and Calleigh are having sex; Eric has another father in the mob who wants to kill him - oh wait now he doesn't; Eric wants to leave CSI; Eric comes back to CSI (all's forgiven again).

Yes, I really am not fond of what has happened to Eric - that he's become the "goldenboy" who can do no wrong in H's eyes, and having the actor who plays him write an episode doesn't exactly give me hope that it will be much better than what TPTB have done. I'm not saying it definitely won't, but I'm just going on the show's history and what they'll likely let (or not let) Adam do...

I think Adam COULD write an AWESOME team episode - he's been there since the beginning and should know all the characters pretty well. And I really hope he does do this, so that he's thinking of ALL the fans. And if Adam writes an episode that has a good plot and involves all the characters, as has most of the eps. this season so far, I will be the first to praise it!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  6. Adamsgirl

Adamsgirl Dead on Arrival

It seems like the only thing TPTB can get right is making the audience seriously dislike the characters and/or actors. When Marisol came along, she didn't have the biggest fanbase and likewise for when Natalia was first on board during seasons 4 and 5. When E/C came along, the writers managed to alienate the audience. When Tara came along, the audience didn't click with her. When Jesse came along, the audience seriously disliked him (I still can't understand that to be honest). The audience then started to dislike Miami in general because other cast members were being sidelined for no good reason. And now, the audience is leaning towards disliking Horatio's actions.

What DO TPTB actually get right?!

I'm looking forward to Adam's episode and also hope it's team oriented. I'm surprised that after 9 seasons, no cast member on Miami has ever written/directed or produced. I think they're more than capable!

7. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

You know, I always thought DC would be the first to write/direct and episode, since he's so passionate about his character and the show. I was a little surprised when I heard Adam was doing it, but I think he's expressed interest before and maybe it was part of getting him back??

Does anyone know if DC ever expressed interest in writing/directing a Miami episode? I can't remember. It should be fun to see the behind-the-scenes stuff w/ADam's episode - I'm sure CBS will promote that angle at least.

TPTB got a lot right the first three years of the show, with the exception of killing off Speed. The problem with TPTB is that they seemed to have lost connection with the audience when they didn't listen to them about the whole Marisol thing - they just forged ahead to create this arc w/the mala noche and Marisol that many people found far-out and unbelievable for a CSI franchise to do. They made Miami into a cartoon or parody of itself, so from that point on, I think many fans were upset w/what TPTB were doing.

I personally don't mind Horatio being rough now and then - that's real - but there's also got to be real consequences - for him and for all the other CSIs (not just Ryan :rolleyes: ) I never disliked Jesse or Natalia, although I think I like Nat a lot more now than I did when I found out she was the mole.

With this new season, TPTB are getting some things right again, and I think fans are acknowledging that - more "personal" crimes that hit home, more team-driven episodes, less soap opera drama - those are things I would like to see continue.

However, TPTB have done a lot in the last five-plus years that has, IMHO, damaged the show. It's got to get back to the science - it is CSI, right? It's got to get back to the team as a TEAM, and with better character interaction and development, which is what makes it unique from not just all the other CSIs but from other shows in general.

When I first came to these boards, I came b/c I loved the show and the show's characters. As I've been here, TPTB have made a number of moves I found completely unbelievable and rediculous. I watched the only show I really watched on a regular basis turn into a bunch of gun-slinging showdowns and blown-up vehicles, and less about the victims or about the team in general. I watched characters get sidelined for storylines that I feel were written very poorly - Miami also became soap opera.

My only hope is that they continue on the path they went on earlier this season, with the TEAM focus, and highlighting other main players other than H and Eric. (I would say Calleigh too, but I feel the only attention she's been given is connected w/her love life - no real in-depth stuff - she had no reaction to all the horrible things that happened to her - they just happened, she reacted in the moment and then just went back to work like these terrible things never happened - they never came up again in other episodes - no continuity there.)

Anyhow, I wish I could submit a script to TPTB, but it doesn't work like that. At least, not to my knowledge. I do with they'd watch the show's early years and see what it has become - maybe then they'd get some perspective.

8. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Has there been an official notice of how many episodes we are getting this season? IMDB indicates 22 episodes but has that ever been confirmed by CBS?

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I have seen 22 episodes quoted in other places but I can't tell you where.

10. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

An Eric episode, directed and written by Adam?

I can't see this turning out other than terrible!

Not that I don't like Eric/Adam, but I think Eric's got enough limelight and juciy storylines for a lifetime!

I only started watching Miami in season 4, so I can't tell you any Eric moments before then, but even then, there has been alot over 5 seasons.

Marisol - buying her the drugs, being with her when she was shot, being shot himself.
    ,Gloria, Natalia - dating, baby scare etc...

Then being shot in season 5 and all the drama that followed that (and there was alot of drama there!)

Then season 6, the Jake-Calleigh-Eric love triangle. Then season 7, that was just one big E/C fest!!!

Then even in season 8, when he wasn't even at the lab! Eric was getting more time than most of the other CSIs (eg. Ryan, Natalia, Frank)

And in season 9, I thought TPTB started to get the balance right, giving each CSI some light. But now, I'm starting to worry. I mean, Eric's got enough chase scenes and gun draws this season, I don't think an actual Eric storyline is needed.

Its Eric and Calleighs turn to be on the backburner, while Ryan, Natalia and Walter get personal storylines.

Any agreements? Disagreements?

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    We don't know that it will be an Eric episode,only that it will be written and directed by Adam.

12. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

That's exactly what Adamsgirl was talking about. He didn't finish writing this episode yet so how do you know it will be terrible. Give him a chance before judging.

13. nsynckal

nsynckal Hit and Run

HAHA I love that he's like I'll make sure of it. It's like it's really H watching out for the fans.. lol. I'm glad they are taking a personal interest in the whole delay situation and not just sitting back and letting it happen. That shows they, even the actors themselves, care a lot about it and aren't gonna sit back and let Miami be pushed around! That gives me some hope! :)

14. jean10brook

jean10brook Hit and Run

I am excited to see episode 9.16, which is the one that Adam is writing. I really can't wait to see what the plot of the story will be. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and not pre-judging the episode. Adam is very passionate about CSI Miami and all the characters. I don't see him writing an episode about himself. In fact, I would not be a bit surprised if he writes it to where he has the least amount of screentime and concentrates on the actual storyline of the episode and all of his fellow team mates. I too feel that people should stop trying to find the negative and making assumptions about something they have not even seen yet. Let's just wait until the episode comes out, watch it and be thankful that we have been able to watch 216 episodes of CSI Miami.

15. slower

slower Lab Technician

We are just going to have to wait and see what happens. But, seeing all the Eric centered episodes over the last few seasons; makes me take pause. I hope for the sake of Adam he steps outside of his character and writes a very strong team orientated episode; that would make some of the respect I lost for him in season 7-8 debauclke (sp?) return. I have enjoyed some of the Eric scenes this season; but still too much of the running and screaming for my taste. But, he does seem a little calmer; not as angry all the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.