Criminal Minds #4: We Take Care Of Our Own!

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by Destiny, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Just a heads up AJ fans...

(Source Tv Guide)

Keck's Exclusives: Fired Criminal Minds Fave A.J. Cook To Guest on Law & Order: SVU

If you were one of the nearly 55,000 fans to sign an on-line petition to get axed Criminal Minds actress A.J. Cook and her character, Jennifer Jareau, back on the CBS procedural, there's finally some good news for you. While the actress will not be returning to her former series, she has been hired by NBC to play opposite Jeremy Irons in a highly anticipated 2011 episode of Law & Order: SVU.

SVU executive producer Neal Baer, who himself will be jumping from NBC to a lucrative new development deal at CBS following the completion of this season, tells me the episode should be a real treat for A.J.'s loyal fans. "A lot of people love A.J.," he says. "So we asked, 'How about coming and starring opposite Jeremy Irons?'"

A.J. will play OBGYN Debbie Shields, the lesbian lover of the daughter of Jeremy Irons' character, Cap Jackson, a sex therapist who works at a rehab center. While A.J. was solving crimes on her previous show, her character this time will be the victim. Says Baer: "Her character is brutally attacked."

2. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Saw something on the site that we can't name that in episode 12,

that Reid is "experiencing headaches and blinding pain".......

I don't like the sound of that.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2010
  3. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

That was a very good episode. I thought Rachel Nichol's character was going to feel forced, but it was very natural.

She looks better in green though. :D :D :D

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I really like the episode last Wednesday. It was a great introduction of Agent Ashley Seaver. I thought it was a nice strategy to introduce her as a sympathetic character. I like her instantly. She's been through a lot but it didn't stop her to do well in life. She and Reid have little something going on and I'm curious if the show will pair them up.

Was it just me or the team was so suspicious of the detective and the head of security (?) that made me think right away that they didn't do the crimes.

This episode is one of my favorites this season. Well done! :thumbsup:

Edit: Yay for AJ in SVU! I'm a fan of that show too.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  5. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

I agree that they made the detective and the head of security too obvious to be the culprit. I figured out who it was during the meeting when Ashley was talking about how her dad was always giving her gifts. I remembered that pink bookbag the dad held up when the agents were first at his house.
    I thought we would find out that Ashley's father had killed her mother. Did they ever say?
    She looks so much like AJ/JJ that it is startling.
    I've watched CM forever, and I never realized until tonight that the mug shots in the opening credits are real people, including Susan Smith.

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yep that annoyed me :shifty: If they gor rid of AJ/JJ then why do they have to bring someone so similar... I would've appreciated that she was completely different from JJ including her looks.

Other than that her character is pretty interesting. I don't remember ever seeing a character in any TV show who was the daughter of a serial killer (and I watch a lot of procedurals). The team's reactions to her were fun to watch.

7. electra

electra Pathologist

I finally watched the last episode and LOVED it!! Ashley is an interesting character and interacts well with the team.We definely need more girl power in the team so she is well received by me.Also liked the interactions between Hotch and Rossi and Morgan-Emily-Garcia.

8. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I liked last week's episode too. I liked the new girl but she is too similar to JJ and I think it makes me not want to like her, even though she was not bad.

Oh a side note, Thomas Gibson is doing Candlelight Processional this weekend at Epcot. I plan on going his first night, which is Thursday. :D

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Pretty decent episode last night. This show's writers know how to do it right when a character isn't in an episode. The CSI Vegas and Miami writers could take a few pointers from them. They explained that Hotch wasn't there because Jack was having some problems and Hotch needed to be with him. Kudos for that, CM writers! :)

The line Ashley said about finding a liar in DC was funny.

10. electra

electra Pathologist

I liked this one as well.It was more intense when it started but overall case was interesting.It was about time to get another Morgan centered episode.Liked Garcia being concerned for him and the new friendship between Ashley and Emily.Missed Hotch for sure but I love that he is being such a good father.:)

11. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

That's what I was coming here to say! :lol:

12. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Very good episode though it was a little bit weird that Hotch was not on it. Good thing is, as said earlier, it was mentioned where Hotch was. The case was something different from a typical CM episode and it was interesting.

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Great episode. Loved that there was a bit more of Emily than usual. I really like that she'll be the training agent. Missed Hotch though :(. The case was different and it kept me interested all the way through.

14. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Last night's episode was nice for a change. I liked that it was focused on Morgan. I did miss Hotch but they explained his absence well.

On a side note, I did see 'Hotch' tonight at Epcot for Candlelight Processional, he was the celebrity narrator.
    one pic
    two pic

three pic

15. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Thanks SnowWonder for those pics. :drool: TG is criminally handsome. :drool:

I thought the last CM ep was terrible, even though I always love the appearance of Jayne Atkinson as Strauss.