Mac <3 Stella #19 - I won't give up if you dont give up.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Ghawazee, Jan 23, 2010.

?

Smackie NAME needed!

Poll closed Jan 26, 2010.
  1. Mac <3 Stella #19: Proving love can really conquer all.

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. Mac <3 Stella #19:"I won't give up if you dont give up."

23 vote(s)
    79.3%
  3. Mac <3 Stella #19: "'Coz it all comes down to Christmas".

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mac <3 Stella #19: "I need a sign to let me know you're here"

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  5. Mac <3 Stella #19: "Because i will be right here waiting for you"

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

YEAH!!! Next Friday is a repeat! With Blacklist featuring Grave digger!:thumbsup: Cant wait to see Mac and Stella again!:adore: If your a Smackie and you are reading this try to tune in so we can up the ratings for our favorite couple being back together again. I cant wait!!! If I remember, Stella ordered the video cams taken done in the lab and she was upset for Mac. He was remembering his sadness about his dad oh I have to go dig up my DVDS to refresh my memory!:lol: Gee I just CANT WAIT to see them again!!!:drool:

2. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

Neither Stella or Mac ordered the camera if I'm not wrong. It was the perp who wanted that installed there. :) But it was an awesome scene though. Both Mac and Stella sharing conversation, figuring out the cases. :adore: It's just wonderful to see both of them together regardless of what they are doing. Be it personal or professional settings. :drool:

Me either!!! :devil:

I found out that I still keep the screen cap of the episode...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

OOPS! My bad! I meant Stella ordered them to be taken DOWN! I knew they were not authorized.:) Thanks for the pictures!:thumbsup: I loved Stella protecting Mac like she does:adore: They sure do look out for each other:drool: If we are lucky there will be more last season reruns to see I hope they show "Death House" again. It was one of my favorites.:)
    Meant to tell you Asprine I love your signature:thumbsup: If you ever get tired of it may I borrow it?

Hey Smackies where are you!!!

4. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

Lori
    , yes you can have it :). Check your PM inbox for the link. :D

Yeah, I do hope for more reruns. :lol: I missed them terribly! Will watch season 1-6 again with my dvd when my holiday comes. Oh, :adore: "Death House" was the best, I loved it too! And after that was "Second Chances". Those two episode did throw us into Seventh Heaven ;) Particularly Death House with this... *coughs* *coughs* :adore:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Thanks!:thumbsup: Did you create it? You are so talented!!

OH! OH! OH! The pics!!! I see you grabbed the best scene of the whole show!:lol: I loved it when Mac was holding on to Stellas hand as they looked at the picture on the phone.:adore:
    And of course who could forget Second Chances your right! What a great Christmas hug Mac was sure loving that!:lol:

......AAAAHHH Asprine you have set the mood for my whole day thank you my friend :thumbsup::adore:

6. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Ah, Death House...what a wonderful episode...and notice how he 'held' her hand.:adore: It wasn't one of those ok let me see and then pull away. They stayed that way for a few moments and it was so natural like they do it every day. Nothing about it was awkward...and just look at that look he's giving her in that fourth pic. Oh, whatever could that look mean?;)

7. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Thats right! And they did hold that camera phone for a nice long time:drool: There friendship is so natural they dont have to act much at all!:thumbsup: So people say Mac hasnt been so relaxed as this season ...sorry but he looks pretty relaxed to me!:lol:

8. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Tell me about it. Perhaps there is protocol that was never mentioned where the head is FORBIDDEN from having relationships with 'subordinates' and perhaps now with Stella in New Orleans, this obstacle is potentially removed and Mac is now open to head to New Orleans.

I can only imagine a scene somewhere where Stella visits NYC, during her time off, and is at Mac's apartment. She tells Mac that she's finding a hotel room to stay, having to return to New Orleans in a couple days, when Mac gently sneaks up on her, his strong ex-Marine hand cupped over her mouth, and arm wrapped around her, and she unable to break from his soldier-like grip, Mac has a devious look on his face.

"Not so fast. You're not going anywhere" Mac whispers in her ear, his grab tightly gripped over her mouth so she can't cry out, as he takes her into his room, she not minding it the slightest. Mac then gently grabs her wrists and ties them to the bedposts, she being completely turned on, and....

Can you picture in the distant future, a 80 year old Mac, and a 70 year old Stella, with their 31 year old twin sons, Joe and Marcus in a family photo? :D I can!

The twin sons talking about both parents being heads of crime labs at various times in their lives. I can see it. :D

It would be a perfect way to close out the show.

9. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

HEY! HEY! HEY! SMACKIES Here comes Death House! It will be on this Friday I cant wait to see Mac and Stella AGAIN!! Watch out they may put it on earlier that is what they did last time they put it in the Medium time slot so tune in early to check Dont miss it.Our favorite couple together again:thumbsup::)
    HEY SANTA How about "Second Chances" for Christmas! .:adore:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  10. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

Geez...! That I can't wait...! I mean we get to see Mac/Stella and the moments they shared ;). And I totally agree with "Second Chances" for Christmas. How about Stella coming back for Christmas :adore:? HAHAHAAA! That is in my wishlist this year and oh how I miss Stella so much. I still haven't got the guts to watch the new season. They left a permanent scar, just too hurtful... Every time I try to watch a new episode, before it even reach the opening theme of CSI:NY, I've closed the TV. LOL! :guffaw:

11. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Tell me about it. I have not watched ANY new episodes of ANY of the CSI's since the news of MK leaving broke. Truly heartbreaking even nearly five months later. I was right: There was no way I could imagine the heartbreak I would feel if I heard Melina would be leaving CSI:NY. While the analogy could be way over-extreme, I now view July 12, 2010 is a day of infamy for my TV-world, very much like December 7, 1941, and September 11, 2001 are infamous for the real-world U.S: The world seemed to change from my view afterward and not for the better.

Even now, the debris, the ruins, the devastation still linger throughout my world.

Did MK even contemplate the heartbreak this would case fans? Did MK decide to move on anyway even if things didn't go badly at all with CBS? I mean, none of us were happy at all with how Stella was degraded in the fifth and sixth seasons finally with the Adam/Stella debacle which was poorly handled and pulled out of thin air. In season 6, she was just 'there', not the Stella we loved so much over the years.

Did TPTB's sudden, swift, and perilous decline in writing quality ruin it to the point that MK was no longer happy with her role and opted to move on?

If the former reason is true, from a celebrity fans' perspective, then I guess my respect for Kanakaredes has completely collapsed, and as of this writing, has not recovered. It's like MK is like once-powerful Goddess empire that has collapsed and broken up into smaller warring states in my world causing a political tectonic shift all over my mental world. It may even be that Melina Kanakaredes is like pure darkness in the middle of the night, and I am just clamoring, yearning, and waiting for dawn, the sunrise, to finally come. :lol::) Fine, when MK is back in TV either returning to CSI:NY or on another show, my respect will be restored. However, the scars will remain for a long time to come.

You have no idea how much Stella/Melina, and Mac/Stella artwork, fanart, and pictures, screenshots, and such that I've dumped off my PC since July. I dumped many folders devoted to them, and to Stella. As of this writing, do not regret it one bit. I've even surfed Youtube and not even dare watch any Mac/Stella tribute videos. It's that bad. I've seen far fewer Mac/Other charachter pairing videos.

In terms of respect for MK or TPTB or BOTH, this sheer loss of respect may be enough that it might, just might be enough to finally make me reject my former favorite ship and finally jump onto Mac/Jo (Jacked) or Mac/Someone else hopefully just to mentally toss Stella/MK into the bottom of the Pacific Ocean floor and completely move on when New Orleans (On the TV Show hopefully and not in real life obviously) vanishes into the rising seas taking Stella and her team/lab with it. Boy I can't wait for Hurricane Michael to strike in 2012 (When my first name is on the Hurricane list.) on the TV Show. :evil::evil::beer::censored::censored::p:p:p:p:devil::devil::evil::evil::mad::mad::evil::evil::guffaw::guffaw:

But yet that would mean completely, and mentally rebuilding from sheer scratch, from complete death and destruction, and completely press 'reset', launch a nuclear strike on Stella and shield Mac and Jo from the nuclear fireball and start all over.

If the latter is true, then TPTB have only themselves to blame for the mess they've created and that CSI:NY's status as a bubble show is TPTB's very doing. Mac and Stella had a bond, even from a purely platonic perspective, that has always been rare in both movies and TV-Shows that won over so many fans who stuck around even in season 6. This is why so many fans have been so against Mac/other character this early on. I've said many times before, I didn't fully sense a Mac/Stella pairing until sometime after season 2 but it became my favorite CSI pairing ever, even eclipsing Grissom/Sara.

As of this writing, there is NO alternative to Mac/Stella or even Mac/Peyton.Stella is truly to Mac, as Maid Marian is to Robin Hood, Leah is to Luke Skywalker, Belle is to Beauty and The Beast, and Lois Lane is to Super Man. No other ladies can replace these in their roles. The same applies to Stella.
    There is no other leading lady that can come close to Mac, not even Aubrey, Peyton, or anyone else for that matter. It's hard to believe I could categorize Mac and Stella with Lois & Clark, or Belle and the Beast, but in terms of male/female leading duos, Mac/Stella is right up there with those others. There is NO replacement nor alternative to them. That's why CSI:NY is likely screwed, scuppered, and bleeding in the cold waters of potential cancellation soon.

Maybe , just maybe in season 8, if CSI:NY makes it that far. Maybe then, I'll change my mind finally build a permanent firewall between Mac and Stella until their worlds no longer interact, toss the latter into the dark waters of the south Pacific Ocean and remove the fence between Mac-A-Lot and the Jo Danville Prairies.

Like I said in a previous post not too long ago, I read somewhere, don't know where, that Mac & Stella are/were the greatest leading male/female duo on a TV show since X-Files Mulder and Scully more than a decade earlier. I see entier websites, stashes of videos on youtube and elsewhere, blogs, yahoo groups, you name it devoted to Mac and Stella. And to think that MK perhaps left with little to no consideration to the devoted fans of the pairing, even as a platonic duo, truly is heart-wrenching to say the least.

Sorry, even re-runs alone are nearly impossible for me to stomach sometimes. I never thought my anger over a TV-Show or someone leaving would persist this long but the scars are still there.

If CSI:NY was home for me, as of this writing, my TV-Heart is a refugee, still wandering the mean inner-city streets, amongst the ruins, trying to find a new home, a new place, a new world, a new TV-life. :( It's that awful for me. :(

While perhaps my mental pendulum swings back and forth on this thread and forum, hence the changes in tone of my posts here, but I sometimes have thoughts of just tossing SMacked into the woodchipper, and flushing the bloody remains into the sea. :scream::brickwall::mad::mad::mad::mad: Then again, I'd reach into the TV and build a force field between Mac and others just to keep other 'love interests' AWAY from Mac.

It still hurts so much to watch CSI:NY. Just watching "Grounds for Deception", previously I was so excited about watching a re-run of that episode after seeing it for the first time. The re-run that came, I simply REFUSED to watch. Now I make it my duty to either play a video game, go out, change the channel, or leave the house, every time CSI:NY comes on, even re-runs. It's THAT bad.:( Even going to a bad Justin Bieber concert I would take over watching new episodes or re-runs of CSI:NY.

While trying not to change the subject, I wrote a story called "Dark Athena" with Stella is an enemy character, a mutant terrorist similar to Call of Duty's Makarov, who commits horrible crimes over the years. I wrote the story, just to channel out the pain, and sheer anger over MK leaving. My anger was/is so great that it made me write it over time.

As for the user "Naughty or Nice", I totally agree with your post. To see Stella return for occasional guest appearance or Mac visiting New Orleans to see Stella, even for a couple episodes or two, it would make me finally renounce my anger and return to the couch, even on Fridays and accept Jo, KNOWING that Mac and Stella's bond is still there, even if purely platonic! :) A user named PHANTOMERIK truly hit the nail on the head. It's all we heartbroken fans are currently asking for.

Beyond that, that remains to be seen but for Mac to visit N.O., even if we never see Stella, would do wonders in healing the scars her absence has left us.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  12. Asprine

Asprine Pathologist

Hey, Smackies!

Thought I might drop this here ;)!
    MacandStella.com wishes you Happy Holidays and Merry Xmas for the coming Christmas! :) It's a wallpaper for you guys! Hope you like it! It comes in various sizes. Original is 1920x1200. Click on it for higher resolution.

1920x1200
    [​IMG]

1280x800
    [​IMG]

640x400
    [​IMG]

Take care! :D

13. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Amidst all that went down in the second half of this year, I WILL say this: Even as a hardcore Mac/Stella fan, I have been very reserved, that's right, RESERVED about putting them together until right at the very end of the show.

The others who expressed opposition to pairings like this have some legitimacy since it turns cop shows into soap operas which is why I've always said, put Mac & Stella together, WHEN CBS and crew decide it's time to WRAP UP the show.

If Mac traveled almost half-way around the world to find Stella, who can imagine him never travelling a mere 1300 miles to see Stella in New Orleans? Not even going to London for Peyton had the kind of spark Mac going to Athens for Stella had.

Doing it let's say in season 3 would've been a huge distraction not to mention a can of worms that would've been opened. Good thing they've kept D/L under wraps for a while and limit showing it.

As for me, I refuse to let this thread die quietly into the night! :)

14. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

I love that wallpaper AspXmas! Thanks for sharing!;)

You have a very good point Axatullux. I don't think if they'd have put Mac and Stella together in the earlier seasons, it would have the same effect as it would say now. I mean we knew they had the chemistry/bond. We just didn't know how deep it went until the past couple years with everything they've both went through. Now don't get me wrong, if they'd have been put together earlier you wouldn't have heard me complain lol. I just think that, if/when they finally put Mac and Stella together, all the waiting and aggrevation we've been through will be worth it. Just my opinion though.:)

15. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Very true CSI 4 h. :) I've always thought they should wait until the show WRAPPED UP to put Mac & Stella together. Even skilled writers having a pinnacle (They can have more than one artistic pinnacle can't they?) would have a hard time handling such a boss/subordinate relationship on a show like CSI.

Mac/Stella developed into something deep, well-written and human on a scale I haven't seen in a very long time. Ever since Mac's wife Claire died in the World Trade Center, I could never see anyone except Stella anywhere near as close or bonded with Mac, not even Peyton or Aubrey come close to this. There's nobody else that can come close to caring for Mac as deeply as Stella did/does. Not Peyton, not Aubrey, and not Jo either.

Maybe he regularly talks with Stella on the phone, maybe outside of work. We can have a scene with Mac on the phone talking to Stella, saying "I miss you" at the beginning of an episode.

If this season is going to be it's last, the ideal way is to have a scene of Mac with an envelope with Stella's signature on it, and when he opens it, pulls out a note and an airline ticket to New Orleans. :D After that, with Mac going on Vacation, he tells his team that he's taking his time off by going to New Orleans to see Stella.

With a shot of the plane touching down at the airport, we see Mac step off the plane into the airport and we see him say "I missed you Stella", a very happy look and then it cuts to credits, one last time. :D It would be absolutely the perfect way to close out the show and I would absolutely return to watching re-runs of this show with none of the bitterness anymore. :)

It would repair the damage MK's sudden departure has caused so many fans and not only that but in the eyes of many, TPTB and even Pam Veasey herself would totaly redeem themselves! :bolian::bolian::bolian::bolian: