Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

^^^ I agree: it's time to take action.
    All this "hiding Emily behind anything we can find", limiting her screentime and completely dropping the EC storyline hasn't worked for me either; I stopped watching the show. The only one I watched was the 200th epi, just because I read that Calleigh will be in more scenes than usual.
    The Miami writers must be some of the laziest writers around :rolleyes:! Why couldn't they include the pregnancy in the show? That it would've been rushed is a poor excuse. They have taken the easy way out: just look at the way they're (mis)treating the relationship :(!

2. luvzhiphuggers

luvzhiphuggers Victim

Okay, you know what? I just can’t believe they did that! I mean I see where they’re coming from but still!!! I’m pretty sure the only reason they stopped our hipphuggers romance is because Emily got pregnant, and with her pregnancy there are unfortunately limitations which prohibit her from being in hardly any scenes and the fact that she is late is why they stopped because there probably wasn’t enough time to put that in this season. But to stop it altogether, are you kidding me? That’s so ridiculous I just ugh!!! I mean they could still let us have something next season right? It’s so stupid on the damn writers part to just do that to us and seriously ‘brother and sister’ what, what???? Even worse just ‘friends and not lovers’ really?? Oh and don’t even get me started on the whole ‘it will be revisited crap’ are they seriously that stupid??!!
    Ugh!!!! Really?! And not only that they showed us how they met, i mean would they seriously do that if they weren’t meant to be together? I think not!! because they are meant to be together and seriously after 5 seasons and like 8 years they do this are you joking? I mean come on. And btw Delko is majorly in love with Calleigh and they’re seriously going to make him wait again??! And for how long this time??!!! And not only that they want to make us wait for like what 5 more seasons again??!!

Sorry I just had to vent.

Anyway, about this petition who wants to help me? Cause I think we should do something right away before there isn’t time to. Now that said, I have never done anything with a petition before and I kind of need help on where to set it up, and what site to use to put it up on. If you can help me with that just pm me, and that would be great. So let me know, as I don’t know how long it takes to set up a petition but would like to start this weekend if possible, let me know if you want to help me.

3. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

I agree that the whole brother and sister thing was out of line like from season 1 to season 9 calleigh and eric had this spark between each other the writers are just to lazy to even care i get that emily is pregnant but come on I'am not saying that e/c has to have kissing scene's are any thing but the writers could have them have moments when they look at each other but no the writers just what to be lazy....it just makes me mad that we had to wait this long to get them as a couple just for the writers to write that locker room scene..... :( and than with the brother and sister thing the writers sure do know how to make us tik....

4. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I was just thinking, has anyone even seen Eric smile this season? I've been running through all the episodes in my head and I don't remember him smiling once this season. Don't tell me he's ok with how things are with Calleigh because he has always been so easy to read and if he's happy you know it!!!!!!!!!!

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

The only time I remember is this scene Sudden Death. It's the first scene in 9x02 before the infamous "love you like family" scene. Makes the last scene even more ridiculous since the first one is so flirty and sweet. Anyway, Eric is smiling and he is smiling because and to Calleigh. Aside from that I don't remember him smiling or being happy but I haven't been paying much attention to this season so I could have very easily missed it.

6. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

I never noticed this before, but Eric looks kind of like he just got slapped in the face when Calleigh throws that "We're friends" line at him. Kind of like that wasn't what he was expecting AT ALL. :(

And come to think of it, I can't recall Eric doing much smiling this season either. Seems like all he does lately is chase people and take them down. And I'm pretty sure a lot of how he's acting has to do with Calleigh - he's frustrated because he had her and now they're just friends again, and he's likely just as confused as we are, because knowing Calleigh, she likely didn't (or couldn't) explain why she was backing away again. He doesn't really have a lot to smile about right now. :(

7. luvzhiphuggers

luvzhiphuggers Victim

Hey just thought you all should know there is a Save Eric and Calleigh's Relationship petition on Facebook go and sign it now and let others know.
    Have a great day!

8. yen35

yen35 Witness

Hello everyone,
    Haven't visited for a while cos there was nothing EC related to talk about except for various stupid statements made by the producers of this show O'Brien and Dube, who in my opinion don't have a single romantic bone in their body and like someone said, haven't taken a basic writing class. Most of my students can write a romance better than this one.
    What annoys me the most and it has already been stated here, is that this romance didn't have a proper closure after taking them two odd years to get together. I mean, what was the whole point of them getting together then? OK, there was an undeniable sexual tension and they make a totally awesome couple. In my opinion, Tony and Ziva in NCIS come 2nd behind EC as a couple but they are not a couple on that show. So if the writers wanted to make EC a couple after all the drama they've been through for 7 years, I really can't understand the need to go through more stuff. Yes, have normal relationship issues but to have those, 2 people should interact with each other like numerous others have stated here before me.
    I did sign this petition on facebook right after 9-02 and I am delighted that the kiss has won. Why have the kiss up for a bracket challenge if it didn't have a significance? Oh, and I don't know when the writers plan to fill the gap of when 'baby I got you' from fallen became 'a sibling love' a week later. The wearing the wire thing was sorted out in 8-23 which these writers who have amnesia don't remember.
    I really liked the post (can't remember if it was here or in the spoiler thread) that said O'Brien's note to fans that 'the 200th episode is a love letter to fans' was a bit misleading when it didn't have a single EC moment. Not even them having a chat as friends. C'mon!

9. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

I agree with every thing you said yen35...... I hope we get some good news about e/c next year..... I Just sign the petition :)

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I do believe that once Emily delivers her baby, thing's will heat up again, Thye just can't throw this relationship away after so many years, the fans would protest and be very bitter with that kind of action:scream:

11. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

After reading in "News" ratings going way down for Miami.
    I don´t know whether to be happy "my" storyline is not up front at the moment or sad.

1. Happy because at least (IMO) "my" storyline should not be blame for show doing badly.
    2. Sad because
    a= show stops without any satisfactitory(sp) end for my fav. storyline
    b = some stupid attempt to save show with some badly written storyline for "my" favorite ship.:(

LOL.....it is sort of a - dammed if I do or don´t - situation:

Should my storyline be used to save ratings? Or should show end with out me knowing how they end up - friends or lovers?

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I am 100% sure that if EC were still together no amount of football, preemptive episodes, late-airing episodes, death slot Sunday, or bad writing would shift the blame from EC if ratings were as low as they are now. EC would take the blame of it all. So I'm glad they are not up and center and I guess that's the ONLY reason I can say I'm glad they aren't together. Even with all the factors I mentioned above some say that the ratings are so low because EC already did the damage because of past seasons. So there ya go, there's no win for EC either way.

I want them back together when the series finale comes along. No "friends" crap.

13. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Amen to that. I also read that some people blame EC for lower ratings in the past seasons, despite of the fact that there was hardly any action last season(except 8x14:)) and that will not change. That's the only reason why I'm glad that the storyline is not centre this season(for me it could easily be in the background). Those who complain never mention that ratings started to slip long before EC started and all CSIs did, not just Miami.
    I really hope it's not the last season of the show, but if it is, I want my happy ending. After all, we've been waiting patiently for so many years.

14. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Amen to happy ending. Even if I have to pay actors myself:lol:. Well if I had that kind for money I had made a spin - off years ago:guffaw:.

It is a tricky thing to "follow" ratings tread and debates as "the end/death" is mentioned soooo many times.(IMO). And I wonder what writers has planned for the last part of the season. Ryan seems to be in front with the new lab. tech. and love should be on the air -lol- for Horatio too. But can thoose fan - bases on their own "hold" ratings up?

I still feel that the E/C - base is bigger. But I could be proven wrong. Which still leaves me with what sort of writting will I accept for my storyline? So Rachel and Ross ending where I get some happy but a bit rushed and not with the details of "sweet loving" leading up to a "move in together" scene. Which is all - I think - I will get in the end.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  15. ec_ology

ec_ology Victim

:thumbsup:Hello HUGGERS!! I wanted to post this piece of FABULOUS HUGGER NEWS!!!!! It's a little funny the way they make it seem like the EC romance is "new" news but whatever! I will take it anyway I can get it! This is what had been speculated but it feels UBER good to see it in print:) Enjoy and Revel!!!!!!

CSI: Miami All Set To Feature A Romantic Storyline!

http://csi-miami.download-tvshows.com/csi-miami-all-set-to-feature-a-romantic-storyline/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.