Will Sqweegel Come Back For The 'CSI' Finale?

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Dec 8, 2010.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

CSI creator Anthony Zuiker posted on Twitter that Sqweegel, the twisted serial killer from his Level 26 digi-novel series, might return to CSI: Crime Scene Investigation in time for the season eleven finale. The character previously made his network television debut in “Sqweegel” earlier this year. What do you think? Should Sqweegel make his CSI [...]

More...

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I think the storyline on CSI left plenty of room for the character to return, but if he's going to be a part of upcoming Level 26 novels, I'm not sure I see the point in bringing him back to escape again...

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I'm not sure what to think of this. "Sqweegel" made for a really compelling standalone episode, and wasn't wrapped up in a nice little bow at the end like many of the other episodes. It's sometimes nice to leave things open-ended, and it also creates a lot of theories as to how the episode was/is resolved--it creates a decent amount of fan discussion if it's done nicely.

We already know that there's a third Level 26 book being released next year, so why not just continue the storyline from the show back into the novels? I love Anthony Zuiker (I think he's phenomenal at what he does), but I'd much rather have the season finale be a "Strip Strangler" or "The Hunger Artist" non-event episode. CSI seems to focusing too much on the event episodes rather than the well written forensic cases from the early days.

4. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

I hope so!!!Sqweegel was a great episode.One of the best in the season so far!!

5. Meta

Meta Hit and Run

Sqweegel should definitely return for the finale. I want to see closure to this storyline.

6. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

And here I was hoping that tptb was, for once going against the 'every case neatly solved' formula. I'm already pi**ed off enough that every time there's a case its a murder, and that they always seem to be solving it in the daytime despite being night shift; I had hoped that I could enjoy the Sqweegel case because it wasn't all neatly resolved and was actually defying the norm.

I really hope they don't go through with this; I like Sqweegel and all but I like him more as a one-time villain :(

7. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I'm with you Christmaslights. I'd rather see him in another stand alone episode than an 'event' of the finale. Who would he go after? Langston? Again? :shifty: :rolleyes:

CSI does get rather overdone come premieres and finales lately. Sqweegel was an excellent stand alone story arc. Hopefully they can keep it that way.

8. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Of course Squuegel will be back. No one escapes justice on CSI!

9. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Oh don't go there :scream: Langston had the last 2 finales, season 9 when he shot the someone and last season when got stabbed

PLEASE CBS NO RAY DRAMA IN THE FINALE!!!! :scream:

And besides MH is planning to leave, so shouldn't she get the finale