Nick Fic Song Challenge Thread #2- Ch #20- "Save Me From Myself"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Smokey, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Re: Nick Fic Song Challenge Thread #2- Ch #16- "Never Let Me Down Agai

Indeed there is a new chapter up! :)

As for a story for the challenge, I came up with an idea last night. :D I have to work out some details, but I think I can do it, especially since I don't have another chapter of the other one that needs to get done now.

Looking forward to reading whatever anyone comes up with! Remember, it can be as short as you want. You don't have to make it the whole 2,500 words. :)

2. Smokey

Okay, I decided that my original idea is not a good one. :(

BUT...this morning I came up with another one that I will try to work out. :)

3. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

I got something... I'll be sending it off to you sometime tonight, ma'am!!

4. Smokey

Hot diggity! Can't wait! :D

And I've got mine started. I'm determined that I will turn one in for this round! :)

5. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

You? Are writing a fic for the challenge? Yay :D

I want to get one in too... I just don't know how to make it... decisions, decisions...

6. Smokey

Well, I didn't say it would be a GOOD one! :lol:

7. Smokey

Nick Fic Song Challenge
    Round 16

[​IMG]

Ladies and gentlemen, presenting round 16 of the Nick Fic Song Challenge! Thanks to everyone who participated! :)

Here are a few guidelines for reading and reviewing:

1. Remember, for now the stories are anonymous. Please do not reveal which story you wrote. We will unveil the authors next Sunday, November, 7.

2. Story authors/participants - Please leave feedback for each story. That's why we're doing this...so we can learn from each other and improve as we go along. And because this is anonymous for now, please remember to leave some feedback for your own story too. :)

3. Lurkers - You are most welcome to read and review the stories too! We just ask that you follow and respect the guidelines here as well. The exception is that you may leave reviews for as few or as many stories as you like. (Authors - Please do not take offense if a lurker reviews only one or two stories or does not review yours.)

4. Please make your feedback as positive and constructive as possible. Constructive means that it's meant to be helpful and it's said in a nice way. There will be zero tolerance for meanness here from anyone.

5. Please try to make your feedback a little more than just "Good job" or "Nice story". We all look forward to hearing some thoughtful input on our work. :) And for now let's focus on the content of the story more so than the format, grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. For some people this is their first fic and/or English may not be their first language, and those are all things that a good beta could fix if this weren't a challenge. :)

6. Feedback should be posted here in this thread and can be done all in one post or in several posts.

7. Remember, we aren't voting for favorites on this or anything. We're just reading, reviewing, and enjoying! :)

8. Attention readers! Feedback posts will probably contain spoilers. If you do not want to be spoiled, do not read the feedback until after you read the stories.

And now, what you've all been waiting for...round 16 of the Nick Fic Song Challenge! Click on the "Never Let Me Down Again" link on the left to read the stories.
    [​IMG]

Note: If you see an error in your story or any problems on the page, please PM Smokey ASAP.

8. Smokey

Thanks to everyone who was able to contribute a story for this round! :)

Taking a Ride With My Best Friend - This was a really neat addition to an actual episode, and I love stories like that! You write very true to the show...the evidence and the dialogue and the progression of solving the case were right on. I loved how you had Super Dave apologize for being late...as usual! :lol: And Warrick and Nick betting on the case had me longing for the old days of CSI. Great story!

Gossamer Wings - Beautifully written! Just like poetry. I totally love this idea of Nick flying high and thinking of being close to his friend. Very nice job!

Never Let Me Down - Again, I like how this addresses some things that actually happened on the show. Nick and Warrick's conversation sounds like one they might actually have, and I like how they hash things out and then get back to "normal" again with ease. The ending was very appropriate and I'd have loved to have seen this on the show. Nice work!

Save a Cowboy - Aw, I love Nick at home with his family. I loved Nick snorting back at the horse! :lol: I also love in this story how it shows that even at an early age Nick was finding ways to figure things out, to solve problems, and to think outside of the box. Well done!

Out of the Hole
    - This is a great story, and to be continued as well?! Awesome! I love how you illustrate the relationship here between Nick and Warrick. It's very believable. And you really get inside of Nick's head here. The way you describe how he feels after his ordeal, and also how you have Warrick understanding it as well...it's very good. And again, I'm very intrigued by the cliffhanger of an ending. You'd better continue this story!

9. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

Loved all the stories.

Everyone did a great job.

10. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

Yay for new Nick fics to read :D

Here are my reviews:

Taking A Ride With My Best Friend: Nicely written! I really loved that scene in the show, because it was one of the precious few mentions of Warrick following his death. This was a great way to expound upon the scene, and a really nice flashback. I loved seeing Nick and Warrick interact again, on their ride through the hood :)

Gossamer Wings: Really nice, has a poetic feel to it. For a drabble, it's quite impactful. I love the idea of Nick going hang-gliding and thinking of Warrick.

Never Let Me Down: I would have loved to see this on the show; it's really well-written and in character. I like how you show Nick acknowledging that Grissom was right about him, but he's still upset with the way his review was handled. Nick and Warrick got to have a very candid and important conversation here, and I think that this is likely one that would have really solidified the brotherhood that existed between them. Well done.

Save a Cowboy: I love seeing Nick with his dad. This was really nice insight into his upbringing. I think it quite likely that Nick's parents weren't soft on him, but they weren't the unforgiving disciplinarians they're sometimes made out to be. I liked this one - good job!

Out of the Hole: I liked this one, particularly because it's just chapter one ;) The confrontation between the two and the outburst was very real, considering Nick was just beginning to deal with everything and those deep internal scars that Warrick's thinking of. And I'm glad that Warrick is getting Nick out amongst people. I can't wait to read the next chapter!

Thanks for putting this all together, Smokey! It was fun to write for this again! :D

11. Smokey

I messed up and didn't change the date in my post, but I will reveal the authors on Sunday. :)

If any of the writers have not yet reviewed, please go ahead and do so before then if possible. Thanks! :)

12. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Always good to have new stories to read. :)

Taking A Ride With My Best Friend: Good addition/background to the episode. I like the banter between the two, while still showing the deeper friendship.

Gossamer Wings: Very evocative without giving explicit detail. Very nice.

Never Let Me Down: Excellent story! I like how Nick is resentful of the "evaluations" even though he admits Grissom was right. Warrick pestering Nick for the riddle - :lol:

Save a Cowboy: Funny and cute. Great outside-the-box thinking from Nick, even at an early age. Can definitely see the man he grew up into.

Out of the Hole: Great story! I like that it's told from Warrick's perspective, showing the "other side" of Nick and Warrick's friendship. It's nice seeing Warrick looking out for Nick.

13. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Okay, finally I found the time to review. Sorry for letting you all wait this long :(

Taking a Ride With My Best Friend

Well done! The whole story fit very well together... with the past scene included in the present scene... nice idea! :)
    I was always wondering what case it had been Nick and Warrick were on when Nick told Greg about it. I love stories who are based on the ones we got to see on tv. It makes it easier to feel yourself right into the characters. You've done a great job with this one :thumbsup:

Gossamer Wings

Well this one fascinates me... you've put a lot of thought into it. There is one thing I have noticed on this one... this is the first Nick songfic of this forum where there was no "Nick" mentioned :lol: I really like the idea of this story... very well thought through :)

Never Let Me Down

Finally! Someone wrote a fic about Nick telling Warrick about the riddle! Yay :D I always wondered if Nick ever told Warrick about it... since we never got to see it on the show. They were best friends so I'd like to think they talked about it. And if they did... I hope they talked about it just the way you wrote it :) Just so you know... I knew who you are right away ;) Well done! I always like to get some clossure!

Save a Cowboy

Oh we get to see a different side of Nick in this story. Normally Nick is all cool and nice and can't do anything bad and there you go and have him mad at his dad and a horse :lol: Nice idea! You wrote Nick very believable here. I would be mad too if I would be thrown on my butt all the time :lol: I like how one could see Nick's personality shining through here... very similar to the Nick we get to see on the show. Great job!

Out of the Hole

A new more chapter Nick fic? I'm all for that :D Hopefully you're able to continue it soon. I'm waiting :p

Sorry for the short reviews you all :( I'm so busy all the time and didn't get to it... thanks you all for writing fics though. I always enjoy reading Nick fics :D

14. Smokey

Thanks again to everyone who participated in this round! :)

Taking a Ride With My Best Friend
    - Raynn
    Gossamer Wings - KFK
    Never Let Me Down - Smokey
    Save a Cowboy - Jacqui
    Out of the Hole - Nickyfan

Authors may now publish their stories elsewhere if they like. :) And you can post a little about your story here too.

For me...my first idea involved killing Nick, and I just wasn't able to do it. I really liked the rest of the idea, but I couldn't come up with a way to do it without being devastated. :lol: So I passed.

The one I came up with then...it was logical to have Nick riding with his best friend, Warrick, but I wanted to do something other than a car and so I came up with the roller coaster idea and all that came with it.

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Smokey..haven't you done enough to the guy!:eek::lol: