Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I guess you are right ec_ology, we are aall looking for a glimpse of hope...It's discouraging what's happening right now. None of the groups is happy and I think it's just insulting how the story was dropped with no explanation and then we are supposed to be happy with - 'they love each other like brother&sister':rolleyes:
    Delquesne, welcome back!You've been missed :) Let me quote you:

This is "Screenwriting 101" stuff, so you'd think that Dube/O'Brien and the CSIM writers would know that the term "journey" suggests some sort of step-by-step progression. But all the writers have done since "Sudden Death" is stall Eric & Calleigh altogether. [​IMG] In order for 2 characters to go on an emotional journey, there has to be at least some significant, periodic contact between them. Without that, there is no movement, and thus, no journey.

Well said! I also consider 'journey' as topic not being dropped for no reason. There is just some weird interaction between EC, like nothing ever happend, which is just wrong.Let's hope the kiss wins tonight.:thumbsup:

2. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

^ Insulting is really the best word for it overall. That's definitely how I felt when I first read that article, and it's how I still feel about it. Even looking at it objectively, whether you like EC or not, it's a bit of an insult to our intelligence to spend 3+ years building this up, pushing the sexual tension, making such a huge deal out of that triangle, and now suddenly just decide that all of that can be thrown out the window in favor of a sibling-like relationship. Um? Really??

Eric and Calleigh had such a strong base before they got together. They were friends - possibly best friends, they trusted each other implicitly, and they had an easygoing relationship with flirty banter, plenty of fun scenes along with all the more serious moments they shared together. She was with him when he first found out Marisol had died. He was there with her right after Hagen committed suicide in her lab. They've always had each other's backs like that. All that to say - I do believe that if their romance were to fizzle out, they could go back to that because I don't doubt for a moment that their friendship was one of the most important things in both of their lives.

But it would NOT happen overnight as we've been led to believe, and THAT is what I find so very insulting. That just doesn't happen - maybe if you're coming out of a no-strings-attached, FWB kind of relationship, but that is NOT what EC was. Again, like it or not, we've been given too many indications that the feelings between Eric and Calleigh are/were strong. He chased her for 2+ years; he refused to give up. She finally stopped fighting him, and this is Calleigh - if the feelings between them weren't strong, she could have fought him forever. I'll admit that I haven't come to the point where I'd say they're in love with each other yet, but it's clear that they care for each other far, far more than they've cared about most of their other significant others. One of his biggest fears has been the thought of having to live his life without her. She was terrified of something happening to him during all the Sharova business; she's been furious with him numerous times about his keeping things from her in the previous couple of seasons, but she has stayed with him. Calleigh wouldn't do that if she didn't have such a huge investment in this relationship - she would have walked.

To think we're supposed to believe that they can go from that to the supposed brother-sister relationship they have now is just infuriating. It's just not something that happens that quickly, and honestly, I believe it would take months, if not years for EC as we know them to make it back to that point - they're just too deeply ingrained upon each other.

This irritates me even more. Have Eric knowingly slip a bit too close behind her when he's walking by her in the lab; have them both smile at that. Have him touch her hand beneath the layout table or something during a team scene; have her throw out a casual "see you at home later" as he's leaving for the day. Have him ask if she wants to get dinner or something. I mean, damn, it's not rocket science. Sure, Emily's limited, but that doesn't mean Eric and Calleigh can't share the little moments that made me fall in love with them in the first place. :( It's just uncreative - I guess they can't give her all these crazy nearly-kill-Calleigh stunts to do anymore, so they're just not going to do anything at all? Ugh.

I'm bitter.

3. ec_ology

ec_ology Victim

HUGGERS "THE KISS" WON BY 76%!!!!!:thumbsup: I know this does not make up for the lack of EC moments; continuity to be precise but it should make you smile. "The Kiss" is the "ultimate csi miami moment" from the last nine years and I think that is huge! And for the naysayers I say this: Any one of those moments had the same opportunity to win depending on the fanbase behind it so please dont hate on us HUGGERS for being oh so determined to make a statement. Yes, we were able to vote mutltiple times just like anyone else so please dont be under the mistaken impression that only "a few" HUGGERS made this happen becuase that is false. There are HUGGERS on Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Commmunity Journal, WetPaint and a whole host of other sites so we are far more than a mere FEW; more importantly, WE ARE DEDICATED TO THE EC STORYLINE! great job HUGGERS!:thumbsup:

4. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

I'm so happy that e/c won :) I agree with you ec_ ology that use huggers are dedicated to e/c storyline.... :)

5. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

1. the kiss won:thumbsup::thumbsup:
    2. Needless to say I agree with the two posters above as to storyline handling on CSI Miami. But I still need to vent some confusion on the matter. By starting this storyline and promoting it they spilt the fanbase in - some who hated the adition(?sp) of love on a crime - show and thoose who wanted other characters in front and/or in love with someone and us + thoose who didn´t care anyways. What purpose does this retraction;) or "dropping" of this storyline give ratings/viewers????

If a viewer only tunes in every 4 time or so ....what does the lack of - a smile - a kiss bring them? IMO if the storylines in general is well constructed and intriguing then one kiss shouldn´t make a difference. If you are a hard - core fan of a different character - say Ryan - if there there is a Ryan - centric episode per. sesaon(?sp) then what does a kiss matter? I don´t get what ¨TPTB hope to get from this new direction of this particular storyline.

If you go by fans in here - in this forum - yes - some are happy team-time is up in this season BUT should "our" storyline not "live" besides team - time ?????
    IMO it is way to foucesed on team - time or the E/C storyline. No greyzone there. And by not showing the storyline they are loosing other fans (aka Ajbuckly).

Sorry I am ranting and not making completely sense. AND am as such per this season an ex- Miami fan...LOL....

Last edited: Dec 6, 2010
  6. Divot

Divot Victim

Jessica - totally and completely and with all my heart I agree with your intro and ending post here.

Folks i sure am glad that the Kiss won, but I feel that the writers have denigrated the intelligence of the viewer, not to mention this most active board and its members.

CBS stuffed the show where the sun don't shine Sundays so late after football that many viewers no longer watch anyway so the point might be lost for us. But sure glad the Kiss won. It was a great moment in TV viewing.

7. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

EC kiss won, great!:thumbsup:
    I agree with ec_ology that anti-hiphuggers had as many chances to vote against as we had for, but I can see the 'dislike' thread go up in the very near future ;)

Well said, Jessica. It really doesn't take much to please both groups - I'm sure most anti-hiphuggers wouldn't mind occasional smile, kiss or 'see you at home' and it would make us happy(again, there is also a group that will never be happy and is not willing to compromise). I really don't want another near-death experience or another threat(well, I wouldn't mind Jake to make Eric jealous a little, but mostly because I really like the actor) and I'm just worried about that new ME, she must have been brought for a reason.:rolleyes:

And AJ, you make a lot of sense:
    I think there should be a character-centric episode every once in a while. I mean H-centric, Ryan-centric, Nat-centric or EC-centric. Everyone would get what he wants from CSIM at least once per few episodes.

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yay the kiss won!! :) Very cool :cool:

What pisses me off the most is the lazy writing. Very uncreative for a group of people who work for such a viewed TV show. I completely agree that we don't need all the near death experiences for them to continue the storyline. Little tender, subtle moments are more than enough. Especially since that's what made most fans like them before they were even a couple. Scenes like season's one "no midnight tiptoes" or the "hiphugging" in "Simple Man" (also season 1). There's season's two "Death Grip" with Calleigh talking to Eric because the case got to him (my eyes are green). "Grand Prix" with the cute flirty scene. The scene in season 4, I think, where Calleigh called him "hot stuff". It's not so difficult to come up with stuff like this, it's actually way easier than to come up with complicated "how can they be near death this week" situations.

I'm bitter too.

9. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I agree with Jessica, it insults our intelligence to think after everything that E/C have been through and as much as they mean to one another, NOW they have a relationship like brother and sister. That has a very high ICK factor for me. As far as I'm concerned, they have never really been like brother and sister and if that is the best that TPTB can come with at this point I wish they would have never gotten them together in the first place. This relationship had so much potential but because the writers are lazy and inept, after all this time, we are left with they love each other like brother and sister. They have made them look like hormonal teenagers with the on again, off again crap. I believe we deserved a whole hell of alot better than what they have given us. "The Kiss" won the best moment out of all the moments on a 9 season series, that should say something about how the hiphuggers feel about E/C and what they have/had, but so what, all we have at this point is "I love you like family," I'm so underwhelmed!

10. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

EVERYONE EC WON THE BRAKET CHALLENGE!:D:hugegrin:YYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!

11. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Well said ec_ology! :thumbsup:

I had no doubt that "The Kiss" would win! Just look at the number of views in Youtube that the "behind the scenes" of the kiss drew!
    Perhaps the writers will get the hint and stop this whole season-9 EC-nonsense :rolleyes:! They are losing a lot of fans, including me :(.

12. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Hey guys, lets have three lines of discussion about Eric and Calleigh please. No more talk of a poll or what not that isn't related to CSI Files.

Thanks, oh and just a reminder to keep the spoiler discussion in the spoiler boxes.

Back to Eric and Calleigh. :D

13. luvzhiphuggers

luvzhiphuggers Victim

Hey I think we should create a petition to save the Delko and Calleigh relationship whose with me?
    Cause I don't know about you but I don't to just sit back and do nothing right now!
    Let me know what you think.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  14. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Yes a petition. The best idea in a while.

I am allways torn between posting and not posting when I enter "talk CSI" as I am no longer watching the show as such. This particular storyline was in the end my main purpose(sp?) for watching so now I have moved on to other stuff. But as long as the show is on there is allways hope for "my" storyline. I just read in News that Horatio is getting some loving this season so my hopes are down perhaps for the rest of the season. At the moment I don´t see E/C and H + XXX having a love - storyline. But I could be proven wrong. I certainly would like to be proven wrong.

In general I still objectively "see" the Call/Eric storyline workning better on the show more then Horatio - Marisol repeat. But looking to LV and NV.
    They had Griss and ---Sara/lady Heather--- separete from other characters in a serious relationship. Warrick was married but off - scene wife for the most part.
    On NY they have Danny and Lindsay besides Mac and -----. But IMO Eric/Call is not that far in their relationships as D/L so I surspect they are doing the LV - way.
    But in the concept that is Miami - being more cartoonish and action - pack- the leading man could have love - storylines but the real commitment IMO they should leave to other characters such as E/C.

But my continious posting just proves; I am not over my E/C addiction yet LOL

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  15. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Yeah, petition would be good, I would like to see some EC action as I stopped watching too and so far it doesn't look like I will own season 9 on dvd. I still come here and read spoilers but feel a bit disappointed that the storyline is just dropped like that.
    Emily doesn't have the baby yet -
    apparently they just finished shooting episode 14 and courtesy of Vegaslights we know that she is to show up in episode 15.
    How long will her maternity last then? They have a Christmas break now, start shooting in January, she is to shoot ep.15, that will give her...what?3 weeks if she gives birth now? I think her screentime will still be very limited.I really am glad that Nat and Ryan have more screentime this season, however it could have been done easily in the previous seasons if the writers were more capable. And now that new romance for |Horatio:eek:what for? Only for his fans to get used to her and then she will be killed off or disappear with no explanation?:rolleyes:
    So yeah, time to do something about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.