Eric & Calleigh #38 - Because "IT" Keeps Happening

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Jessica237, Mar 7, 2010.

?

Thread Titles?

Poll closed Mar 14, 2010.
  1. Because "It" Keeps Happening

16 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Looking Forward to Cute Little E/C Babies

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. It's Meant to Be

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Because They Just Can't Stay Away From Each Other

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. True love never dies

3 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Your Place or Mine?

8 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Now and Forever

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's ec4evr sounds great. I just wondered why they couldn't have had Calleigh have his baby:confused: but maybe after Emily does, this will get back on track. Their so perfect together:p

2. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

YAHOO!!! I voted at least a dozen times every day since the polls opened. It really should send a message to the writers, we love Cal and Eric and they shouldn't be ignored. :thumbsup:

3. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I thought that Alexx leaving was going to win over Delko being shot. I think both scenes are great though so whichever prevailed was fine by me. I'm also surprised like kala mentioned before that none of the Horatio scenes made it to the final. There were so many of them and they all stayed behind. Guess his character changing so much and being so distant has made a lot of fans lose interest. At least I did.

I really wish we had some EC spoilers :). Both the spoiler thread and this one have really been lacking in that department this season. We used to have so many spoilers before and not only EC related.

Anyway I'm going to go cast my vote for the finals :).

5. vignes[smallgir

vignes[smallgir Hit and Run

:bolian: LETS START VOTING NOWWWWWWWW :bolian:

VOTE

[​IMG]

RELOAD THE PAGE AGAIN AND AGAIN AND VOTE
    YESSSSSSSS

6. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

Thanks :) I hope e/c win ....... I really hope we get some spoliers about e/c soon

7. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Hi guys,
    Not sure whether to be excited by this or the opposite
    Here is the piece from TV Guide:
    What is the deal with Delko and Calleigh on CSI: Miami? What's the status of their relationship? — Tanesha
    ADAM: For the immediate future, they will be more friends than lovers. "Delko having to do things behind his colleagues' back kind of threw a wrench into the works as far as their relationship goes," co-executive producer Marc Dube tells us. "There's been a bit of an agreed backing-off on both sides. It's something that will be revisited, but right now it's more of a brother-sister relationship. They love each other very much. Will it spike again? Probably, but they're taking a little break from the intensity."

It looks like our questions are being answered, well, at least partly. :rolleyes:Do we have to find out WHY they broke up off the screen, through executive producer?:eek:Why wasn't it clear in the episode? Will they create a new drama? It looks like I will watch it only at the end of the season, when (or if rather) EC will be resumed unless there is a really good story, like 9.05. Besides, I don't like this brother&sister love. Don't spoil that love with a friendship.:confused:

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

It's absurd that we have to know the specific reason of their break up through one of the producers :rolleyes:. That was one of our theories so at least we were on the right track. Aside form that he didn't really say anything new. We know they love each other very much and we had already thought of the possibility that further down the season after Emily comes back they'll revisit their reationship again. The only thing I disagree with is the sister/brother thing. You don't go from sleeping with someone to seeing him as your brother/sister. That's kind of gross to say the least.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WHAT:wtf: Brother and sister, I think not:( You can't have that much intensity and strong vibes and chemistry with your siblings. Why would the writers do this. I doesn't make sense or add up. Lets see some romance like it used to be[​IMG]

10. ec_ology

ec_ology Victim

Hey Huggers! I see you all have seen the latest article which is the same stuff we've know or had speculated on....and YES DUBE once again says something off the wall; nothing new there (honestly i think he does it to toy with fans; i really do:).......other than his characterization the article said nothing new and i find the words "revisited" and "probably" more conformation that EC will get back together after Emily has her baby and is a huge step up from "it could go either way" or "we dont know where the ec relationship is going" so i feel as upbeat as i did before the article....Additionally, Adam basically said so in the article he and Emily did; "Even if they did break up, they will get back together"...........i was also happy to hear DUBE say "they love each other very much"; that too is a 1st!!!!!...... Besides, at the end of the day and after EVERYTHING I dont see the producers ending EC; to do so would pretty much put a nail in the coffin for CSI Miami but when Emily became pregnant this is the route they decided to take; but its temporary and EC will be back on track by the end of the season........I could be totally wrong but I say let it play out like they have alluded to; we are merely halfway through the season so dont throw in the towel because the truth is THEY HAVENT REALLY GIVEN US A REASON TO TOTALLY DO SO AT THIS POINT.....Personally, I'm giving them this season to do the right thing....My main reason for logging on was to make sure that you guys are VOTING for THE KISS!!!!!! It has made it to the finale and we need to vote like crazy so that it is "crowned the Ultimate CSI: Miami Moment from the past 200 episodes"!!!!!!.......the time its taking and the spoilers saying the same thing with different wording is taking its toll on Huggers but hang in there and put your frustration to good use and VOTE VOTE VOTE! (we've come too far to drop the ball now).......EC FOREVER!

11. ec_ology

ec_ology Victim

Hey V. So I guess you have totally dumped us over on the CBS thread?????

12. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Hi ec_ology!
    I was actually reading your posts yesterday on CBS forum, to which I don't belong because I seem to be addicted to this one somehow ;) despite of many anti-hiphuggers here. I know that a lot of people from here moved to CBS forum(like Yen for example ;)) and a lot of hiphuggers just check new posts but don't participate in discussions.
    I do feel a little disappointed with the article though, as I said earlier, because the reason of the break-up was not explained on the show and only through the co-executive director. We didn't have any spoilers for a very long time and when they came they are just...blah. Nothing new and that creepy' brother-sister love'.
    I wouldn't mind if our storyline was kept in the background - it's a crime show after all, but I would like few light scenes, just to know they are happy and together.
    And, yeah, we are voting :)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  13. CalleighAndEric

CalleighAndEric Victim

WTF?brother-sister love? omfg how i hate writers!Seriously,it's not fair what they are doing to the fans,we waited like years to see them together and what we get is a break up off screen!And i just hate those people saying they are sick of too much drama, romance and stuff on the show!I mean, this show is not only about science,actually, the really thing about the show is the drama,thats what it has always been focused on,you wanna watch only science you go watch the original CSI,cuz thats the purpose of having more than one CSI ,isnt it?So you can choose.It's pointless to expect only science and police chase from CSI:Miami, there are tons of shows out there that focuses on that,and in my opinion,it gets boring as season goes by, cuz its always the same stuff!
    I just hate this season so far,I can stand to see Eric and Ryan running after a suspect in every single episode! Calleigh and Eric just ignore each other and Emily hiding behind stuff is ridiculous...and it was obvious that it was gonna suck, television has a history of unsuccessful hidden pregnancies.So why not just write it into the show?
    I watch the show since season 1, and i never miss one episode, it's a shame that now i just dont feel like watching it anymore.
    I really think we gotta do something to get Calleigh and Eric together again!

14. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

Hi folks!

I haven't been around here in little awhile, but I had to stop by to express my displeasure at Marc Dube's latest "inside scoop" on the future of Eric & Calleigh's romantic relationship. [​IMG] So much for the "journey" we were promised at the beginning of this season. That was bad enough, and now we get this "brother/sister" crap?! :scream:

This is "Screenwriting 101" stuff, so you'd think that Dube/O'Brien and the CSIM writers would know that the term "journey" suggests some sort of step-by-step progression. But all the writers have done since "Sudden Death" is stall Eric & Calleigh altogether. [​IMG] In order for 2 characters to go on an emotional journey, there has to be at least some significant, periodic contact between them. Without that, there is no movement, and thus, no journey.

Considering that Eric & Cal are fresh off a break-up and are obviously still in love with each other, where are the loaded looks, significant little moments, double-entendres, etc., between them? Instead of this type of character-realism, all we've gotten from the CSIM writers is an abrupt and unnatural dead-end on the E/C front. [​IMG] Since 9x02, Eric & Calleigh have barely had any contact at all on the show, and the few times we've seen them in the same scene, they barely acknowledged each other as friends, much less as former lovers. [​IMG] Do the writers really think that they can just flip a switch and have Calleigh and Eric go back to being buddies -- while ignoring their history together and their incredible chemistry -- and on top of that, to ignoring each other more than when they were really just friends? :confused: How are Eric & Cal supposed to go on any type of "journey" if they don't have any real contact, much less a journey that's supposed to lead to them reuniting as a couple? :rolleyes:

And worse yet, Dube has taken us back to square one by referring to Eric & Cal as having a "brother/sister" relationship. Really? :wtf: I don't know where his clueless behind has been for the last 8 seasons, but that "sibling" ship sailed long ago for E&C, to such an extent that trying to create a buddy/brother/sister vibe between them just seems forced and weird at this point. Plus, it just makes no sense in terms of the "journey" that we were promised.

At the end of the day, I'm not terribly worried about the future of Eric & Calleigh's romance, because I have a sixth-sense that there will be a light at the end of the tunnel, and E&C will end up back together and more in love than ever. [​IMG] Like some posters have suggested, this latest E/C detour is most likely the CSIM writers' lazy, inept way of dealing with the limitations of Emily's pregnancy, in terms of both action and romantic scenes. I just wish that the show-runners like Dube and O'Brien would be honest and come out and say so, instead of spouting the inconsistent and misleading B.S. that they've been putting out there lately. At the end of the day, people don't like being toyed with, and some fans who aren't as dedicated to the show and our Hiphuggers as we are will simply abandon the show altogether. :( Hopefully, TPTB will wise-up before that happens.

Sorry for the somewhat long rant, but, as you can tell, I had a few things that I needed to get off my chest where our couple is concerned! ;)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  15. ec_ology

ec_ology Victim

Hi Kala! I found the CSB forum when I found out Adam was leaving. I was so distraught that I started surfing and came across the forum. I've been there ever since. I notice that when something negative happens with EC fans do exactly what I did. They begin to surf looking for a glimmer of confirmation or hope. If I have learned anything its that being a HUGGER is not for the "faint of heart" THANKS WRITERS:) In any event, I truly believe all will be good with EC once Emily has her little angel. Well, let me get some last minute votes in before I call it a night. Good night!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.