Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

Interesting, you never mentioned it before.

I have a feeling that if Grissom was there, it would get even more soap-operish. But honestly, I think this episode is there to give us answers on why is Sara in LV for so long, is she going to stay, and where is Grissom in all this.

Yeah, those could be the reasons why she might not like Sara. :p I wonder how good the two know each other, btw.

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Well since this has been confirmed as a real spoiler, I must say that I am very disappointed. This will obviously be a GSR heavy episode (even without Grissom) and I am simply not interested in seeing it. Most likely since it will be Sara-centric my fave character (Greg in case you don't know) will more than likely get little or no screentime, so its not worth my time. However I will record it to watch any Greg scenes later. :mad::mad:

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I still want Betty White or Doris Roberts to be Mrs. Grissom Sr.

4. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Good news :)

Yeah I've also been thinking that

More good news but I still can't believe it :):) Maybe that's cause I've always assumed his mom was long gone and it still feels a bit out of the blue

5. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Wow...I've been gone for awhile. Grissom's mother is coming on the show to conflict with Sara? Hmm...this is something that I'm not exactly pleased about but at the same time I respect the writers for thinking outside the box with plotlines. After all, CSI really doesn't need another Grave Danger. The only problem is that maybe this is a going to be a little too far out of the box.

It might not be a Sara-centered as you might think. It sounds to me like it might be a B-case so that might give Greggo a chunk of screentime on the A-case.:)

6. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Gina Rowlands, great idea. And I, just for me to clarify, that Ray and Sara's lost fathers have nothing to do with the "two Mrs. Grissom's", but I was just posting a theory, everyone has some. And why would she need comforting? Well, she finds out her beloved husband had another 'love' and his mom doesn't like her, that would cause trauma. I remember when Cath told Nick in a former ep. that "he needed help" and went to to explain her trauma when Warrick died and how she thought that working alot would help, but it didn't , and that she needed someone to talk to. Nick replied "You never told that to me before", as co-workers friends. This had nothing to do with the content of the episode. If in fact Sara was upset and mad, traumatized, whatever, and need a shoulder to cry on I thought it could be Ray. They've bonded, and he's a kind, gentle soul, plus a good listener. The two dads, are just something they have in common, so sharing to cope comes to mind. Also they have another thing in common, their both married but neither has their spouse with them in Vegas, one never, and one soon. So something else to share. And on "I'm not feeling the warmth about Ray", well, I haven't felt the warmth about alot of characters on the show. But, Sara does feel the warmth & is comfortable with Ray her co-worker/friend. Here's another theory. Isn't Jorja about at the end of her 13 episodes? maybe she'll jump on a plane to Paris, kick Grissom's butt, then they make up, and live happily ever after.. The end:confused:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

What? NOOO! Damnit, this better be just temporary due to American Idol or something. If it's permanent, Fox is gonna get some angry mail from me. I watch both shows and do not have DVR, cannot afford DVR and my second VCR is not trustworthy (it eats tapes like they're candy). :sigh:

8. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Personally, I highly doubt that would cause Sara trauma. I doubt that would cause any woman trauma. If you marry someone and actually believe they haven't had a relationship before you, well that's just nuts. Sara knows Grissom has dated before and I highly doubt that she'll find out that her mother-in-law doesn't care for her, there is no way a mother-in-law would keep that a secret, so Sara would already know how Grissom's mother feels about her. :p

And I'm sorry, but I don't care how well Ray and Sara work together, she would not go to him to 'talk' or whatever. She doesn't know him well enough. In fact the only person she ever did was Grissom. Sara wouldn't go to anyone about anything. That would be out of character for her and if she did, well I think it would be Catherine, Nick, or Greg way before it would be Ray; things in common or not.

9. Desertwind

Well, to each one's own again.. So on Sara, guess she'll just go this alone, according to you. I would be upset if my other half's mom didn't like me, not to mention the other ex. Secrets aren't good when one has had a long standing relationship. And Sara does know Ray very well, she's worked with him since S/9, and they are fantastic together..She prefers a more mature man who's had lives experiences, such as him. She is friends with Nick and Greg and the rest, but with him and her have some common issues that they share which the other team doesn't. They've got a mutual admiration for one another and respect.. which she hasn't gotten alot of while on the show as Sara~ Different strokes for..... you know the rest.;)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  10. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Yeah. Looks like it's for the rest of this season. No statements yet about next season. According to The Futon Critic:

Edit: However, we don't know yet if CSI will stay in its current time slot for the entire season. I'm assuming it will stay put at Thursday 9pm.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  11. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

I honestly think they made Ray work with Sara so that people who like her character get warmed up to him. Obviously, he is not popular at all. They also made him bond with Nick a lot and at the moment Nick and Sara seem to have the biggest fanbases (or at least the most vocal) out of all the characters left on CSI.

12. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

When I first read this I wanted to jump up and say "Who says Grissom kept her a secret", but then I realized that it was mentioned that Sara doesn't realize she's an ex at first. That said, I don't think Grissom would keep a secret like that from his wife. It could be that they chose not to talk about their past, or maybe left names out.

On your second point, I believe that Sara is probably much better friends with Nick and Greg, than Ray. They've known each other for ten years and I am hard pressed to remember any problems arising between any of them. Sara and Ray may have commonalities, but I don't remember them discussing them much. I know that Ray has discussed his father with Nick, but did he do so with Sara? I know that the last time Sara's past came up she talked to someone related to an ongoing case, but was Ray part of that discussion? I honestly can't remember.

13. Desertwind

:lol:Alot of fans don't like Sara.. and he's extremely popular, if he weren't they would have let hm go, like they did with so many other "stars" who've been on the show. So, maybe not with you, but check out how many fan-sites he has:rolleyes: and he's now going into his 3rd season. A bit odd, for someone who's "not popular". How does one explain that? Once again he's got the life experiences that she needs right now, for her situation when this airs. I do want to see how she handles this, maybe she won't let it get to her, and maybe she will. I do remember one episode where her "boyfriend" said back then "I haven't seen you lately" she goes "What, you see me everyday" I thought how cold and mean. Ray would never say that to her. she craves respect and needs to feel important, which happens with them.;)

14. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I still don't see her confiding in Ray. Nick, Greg, and even Cath went through the whole 'courtship' process between Sara and Gil. I really think if Sara needed to talk to anyone about Grissom's ex, she would be more likely to do it with one of them.

I know you don't mean it this way, but it almost seems like you want Sara and Ray to be a couple. :lol: Or maybe you do? :alienblush:

15. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I would like to see Betty White or Doris Roberts to played Mrs. Grissom, but Marlee Matlin will probably played the perfect Mrs. Grissom, because Grissom's mom is deaf, so it Marlee Matlin. I think Betty White will played a good Mrs. Grissom. Grissom is what 50 years or more. Mrs. Grissom should be around 70 or 80 or more. Doris Roberts will played a good one. I don't know who I want to played Mrs. Grissom. I like all of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.