Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Not necessarily, Sara and Cath never have been particulary close on sharing "stuff", their very different women. Plus she and Sam never had a very good relationship it's not the same. And Sara and Ray both lost their dads at a early age, and they were both violent men. Cath just lost Sam a few years ago. I could see her talking to Doc, or Brass, Nick or Greg. But the dad loss with Ray is the same. On the mom, I think there's alot of women actresses to chose from and the writers will let us know when they know~

2. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I have to agree with Desertwind, that Cath and Sara have never seemed particularly "close" - they got off to a really rough start in the first season, and never seemed to bond as "friends," just good co-workers.

I also have to agree with Smokey though.. this seems really off-topic from the original spoiler.

I kind of picture Grissom's mother being more distant and cool, where someone like Betty White is warm and friendly. I'd also like to see a lesser-known actress, rather than yet more stunt casting.

3. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

So it is going to be an actual episode... :wtf:

4. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

On the episode that is filming now, again from Dita's twitter...

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Now this one I'm looking forward to. Looks like Greg has his own Lady Heather. :lol:

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Exactly! I really can't believe they are and without Grissom? :wtf: That's just wrong. Man, this is going to be so soap operish.

However, maybe Mrs. Grissom will ask Sara what we all want to know: how can you be here, working in Vegas and away from you husband, after the YEARS you followed him around like a puppy in love, played your manipulative games with him, give him an ultimatium, walk out on him twice, he gives up EVERYTHING to be with you and then you walk out on him AGAIN, to go back to job you walked out of and have said TWICE that you can't do it anymore?

Now that might make the episode worth seeing. :lol:

7. K-Bug

K-Bug Lab Technician

I'm still wondering how you connected Grissom's mom with Ray's dad and Sara's dad. :wtf: So in the event to not make my headache even worse, I'mma skip out of here saying I'm looking more forward to Cath Spoiler 2.0 and Dita Von what's her name than this fanfic come to life.

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

:lol:
    Thanks for the reminder, Smokey. I was beginning to think I missed something.

So, now that it's official, I can officially get excited about this. I seriously doubt it will be a soap-operish episode. If Sara survived Lady Heather, I'm pretty sure she can deal with an ex from 20-30 years ago. And I love any episode where Sara 'clashes' with someone. I'm sure Mama Grissom will be a formidable and worthy 'opponent'. :lol: I can't wait to see who they cast.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I completely agree with this :lol: and I want Gil's mom to ask her why she's on Vegas quoting your paragraph word for word :thumbsup:

10. kabcsi

kabcsi Dead on Arrival

I have not watched csi much since Grissom left, and when I did I didn't post here often, only when events like this happen.

I'm going to try to stay on the topic of the spoiler.

First off, some of you asked why are they doing this?

You guys already know the influence that Grissom/WP had on the show. Grissom was a well liked character, and since his departure many fans have left, dwindles, we've lost writers, and that great CSI thrill that once was. No matter how much you may not like it, on some level you all have to agree that a big part of this was Grissoms departure. Because they can't get WP to come back, even to do the guest appearances that he mentioned, they have to find some way to keep a character that was so influential in some shape or form alive. IMHO I think that is a big reason why Sara is still on. She is a connection to Grissom.

Because he is no longer with us, having characters like Sara have drama with his mother and, god forbid his ex, then its TPTB's way of trying to compensate the loss of such a character, while hopefully explaining some loose ends. We still don't even know what happened in San Fran, how they got together, when they got married, where Grissom is and why is in Paris while his wife is in Las Vegas. We don't know. Not to mention that Grissom's past is still a little shady, he didn't talk about it much, and this is a way that we can learn more about Grissom when we don't have WP.

Its a little far fetched, yes I'll admit to that much. And I would have rathered Grissoms mother just be there, and not his ex. I mean three women who know Grissom personally and he is far far away. Smart man.

They can do this right if Sara knew that her mother-inlaw and friend was in town, and what ever happened at the crime place happened, she gets involved not knowing who was involved, and then you can bring the tension that comes along when sara realizes that the person that she claims is a suspect is the that friend who just happens to be someone who slept with your husband back in the day. The story line is tricky, and its indeed playing with fire, but it does have the potential to be a good episode. These characters are always getting involved with cases that involve them personally: Sara investigating the case where her boyfriend, Hank, gets almost killed by a car moving into a resturaunt, The team and Warick's death, Brass and Elli's friend, Grissom and all the Lady Heather episode (you know he tapped that), its been done, and those episodes were done well despite the character drama that was apart of it.

Lets wait and see...

(On an off topic note, I think that Sara's connection with Ray has nothing to do with her lost daddy, they haven't even talked about it as far as I am concern. In that case Grissom, Sara, and Warwick all have a connection because they lost their daddy (or didn't know them) when they were young. I think it is more so because Sara saw someone who was knew coming to the team during a rough patch, and took to him because she understood how that felt [when she came during the death of holly gribbs, no one liked her much] she's just being nice in my opinion. I see a level of respect, and she could take to him a little because TBTP decided they wanted the black version of Grissom, and made Ray very simular to Grissom in many ways, even down to dress in some cases. Just MHO)

11. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I think bringing another Grissom is tptb's way of preparing CSI for a tougher battle this midseason. If they can't bring Grissom back, then why not someone related to him.

In midseason, Bones will replace Fringe against CSI. Two forensics shows in the same timeslot is not-so-good competition. Remember when CSI: NY faced SVU late last season. Each show pulled the other down, resulting both of them to be relocated. I'm pretty confident CSI will beat Bones (armed with American Idol lead-in) but it's better to be prepared.

12. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I think this whole new Grissom saga is a big mistake. This show was finally getting back to having a glimpse of the greatness of the glory years (seasons 1-4), and bringing the new team its own identity. Now they're going to revisit the days of the downfall of the CSI empire (seasons 6-9). Not a smart move. We've heard Grissom references many times since WP's been absent, so it's not like he's been forgotten.

That being said... my choice for Mrs Grissom - the ever wonderful Gena Rowlands. She appeared last season on NCIS as Gibbs' former mom-in-law and was so wonderful. And she'd be very believable kicking Sara's butt with just a dry stare (and her ever-present glasses on her head).

13. Frosch

Frosch Witness

Reading the spoiler again I now wonder if the woman from Grissom’s past necessarily means she is a romantic ex? Maybe it is Dr. Gilbert from Sounds of Silence; she is technically a woman from Grissom’s past. Sara also has some history with her and remembering how hostile Sara was towards her would explain why the two of them may clash again.

Here's a little something I came across concerning Mummy Grissom:

Ainav in Israel: I found a piece of information on the web that episode 11.13 of CSI is called "The Two Mrs. Grissoms"! Now I don't really care much for CSI anymore, but if that's true then I care a whole lot!
    It's true! The Mrs. Grissoms in question are Sarah Sidle (the current Mrs. Grissom)...and Grissom's mom! Producers are casting now for the older Mrs. Grissom, who is described as a "strong, confident, intelligent and influential woman has never allowed her lack of hearing to keep her from doing anything she wanted, and has no trouble making her feelings known to one and all." She's a former librarian, who, while being deaf, is fluent in American Sign Language as well as being a capable English speaker. Any ideas for casting other than maybe Marlee Matlin in old-lady makeup?

Read more: http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watc...at_smallville_glee_vampire.html#ixzz16kw3kFhV

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  14. CSIFREAAK

CSIFREAAK Victim

That's what i've been thinking too :lol:

15. leegrace

leegrace Victim

Hey CSI just finished episode 9 of CSI Season 11. Here You can watch it here:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.