Season 11 "Spoiler Lab" Discussion Part 3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

I don't mind that they're continuing to reference Grissom- it's kind of inevitable since he was such an iconic character. What bugs me is that they've decided to do so with something that definitely sounds like soap opera fodder- husband's wife tussles with husband's parent, never seen that before in all those shows my mum watches :rolleyes:

I watch the show for the crime drama and my favourite characters, not for the romantic relationship troubles!

2. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

I think we should wait with evaluating the episode until we see it. I remember everyone hating on that bomb girl when they kicked out Liz, and it turned out she was on the show for like 1 minute. To me the description right now sounds a bit like a fanfic which, considering that it would be a fanfic I'd love to read, makes me giddy with excitement. :D

3. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

Count me as being still skeptical that this isn't a foiler. Remember how everyone got excited a couple of seasons ago about the alleged Nick-centric episode? (I think it was titled "Stokes On Duty.") There were a lot of bad feelings, particularly Ray bashing, stirred when the episode never happened. That said, can you imagine a scene between Hodges and Grissom's mom?:lol:

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yes the would! Changing Nick's birthday was a blatant one.

Have tptb not realized that GSR is what ruined this show in the first place? :rolleyes: Nope, guess not!

If they were going to do a storyline like this then it should have been with one of the other regular cast.

It's utter ridiculous. :scream:

5. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

Well, it's a risk to do an episode like this, b/c obviously there will be people who won't like it, but I think it's about time we get some GSR resolution of the current situation. Like it or not, GSR is still a small part of this show as long as Sara is there. I can't wait to see how it plays out.

6. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

My first thought is to wonder if they'd put William Petersen in drag to play Mrs Grissom. (my mind is a scary scary place sometimes ;-)

7. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

Wouldn't that be a hoot!!!

What about Betty White, or Cloris Leachman?

8. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

OH! Cloris Leachman!! That would be hilarious. :guffaw:

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

We've had more than enough of GSR. :rolleyes: It's time to end it and I won't be surprised if this is one of the lowest rated shows of the season.

Cloris Leachman - now that would be damn funny. :guffaw::guffaw: Of course, it would be better if we so Grissom with his mother (especially if Leachman played her :guffaw:)

10. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

Maybe the epi could work as a comedy, instead of a drama that week. Couldn't you just see Hodges trying to eke some information from Cloris about Grissom's formative years?

11. ragincajun

ragincajun Prime Suspect

No, I don't want them to play the episode as a comedy. I see a chance for Jorja to really shine and show her acting chops, and I'd prefer that they'd go after a well-known dramatic actress like Ellen Burstyn or Gena Rowlands to play Grissom's mother. Mary Tyler Moore wouldn't be a bad option either.

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I still think it's all weird.

13. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

This could be a great opportunity to introduce a new female character. Mama Grissom turns out to be the real brains in the family and becomes a mentor to the team. Smarter than Langston, she would work mostly behind the scenes, like Charley in Charley's Angels. ;)
    This would help to restore the gender balance after Marg leaves the show.
    LaSquisita

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yes Sara is on the show still but this revolves around Gil's mom, Gil's ex-girlfriend, and Gil's wife. That's a lot of Gil for him not being there IMO. I don't mind that he is referenced, in fact I enjoy it. But this is a tad more than being referenced. I'll still watch because I don't like to miss episodes but I think it's an unnecessary storyline and the episode could have been given to someone else. Plus it sounds way soapy.

15. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

OMG I miss two days and I can't believe what I came back to! lol I cannot wait for this episode! I was so thankful for all the Grissom comments here and there, maybe his mom could explain why. Tho it's a bit confusing...this would seem like a comedic episode but I would like it to be dramatic so we could see Jorja's serious side. All the suggestions for Grissom's mom :) I would have to say..........whoever said Mary Tyler Moore that'd be goooood!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.